Air Venturi Avenge X finally arrived

Got the .25 with .22 kit , some extra mags , and some .25 pellets as i have never had 25 before . Hit today , packaged well , no damage and all included that was suppose to be .

Wood is cheap n ugly , oiled it already to darken it , stock too wide up front , fitment is 3rd grade level . Shroud feels like tin foil , and all that is metal looks plastic . Threads on all are coarse , it holds like a rock , no consideration of off hand shooting . Not heavy but feels it , doesnt hold well . From 3 feet she looks sweet .

Gauges all over the place , could be cause fresh , wandering or just slow as Hell reg gauge .

Came set at 2800 psi on a 4100 psi fill .

Left it alone .

Cleaned and lubed it , mounted good scope . Fore end too wide for my Stinger , holds but not well .

Trigger is fine , 1/2 pound too heavy for precise work , but good for hunting n plinking , left it alone .

Action changed to left side . Smooth as can be , no pressure compared to my bolt guns , very slick . Mags work just fine , load easy with the big .25 pellets and my old eyes can actually see them and can feel them without looking , i like that .

Pellets feed smooth as i could want , lever locks down just right .Like the last shot lock out , good feature .

Sent 25 or so pellets out to nowhere , seasoning bore and getting trigger oull down . Sighted in scope . Was raining and nasty gloomy , could only shoot at 30 yards tonight , under cover of my pop up canopy .

Wont bore you with it all , but at tune it came with , which is hot , it threw the light pellets near 1100 fps and all over the map . 1 inch groups at 30 yards.

do not want to fool with rag or hammer until I've run a tin or two through it so I pulled some other weight pellets.

The JSB MKII 33.95 grainers were a thing of beauty . Fed like glass , nice brisk report , the correct sound , and literally stacked pellets on top of each other . Pellet flight was stable . Shot 4 5 shot one hole groups and some on a know your limits steel hanger , which it smacked !

Action is good nuff to fire a fast second or not move much on the bench when racked .

Was so nasty out chrono only got 2 shots , 844 and 843 with the 33.95 ers , about 53 fpe i think .

Dont know where hammer spring is , but reg at 2750 to 2800 when it finally settles. gage just has to be slow to respond because the shots are absolutely accurate and I can tell they're running the same speed..

so other than the way it looks and feels which I can change with a stock lift and a few other touches I think the gun is going to be a BAD ASS .

Love her action , way it feeds pellets , the safety out of my way , im lefty , and its future tuneability .

Could not stop shooting it tonight . Filled her up , the 33.95's, sat in drizzle at 50 yards in the dark with a bipod and
my scope illum on , lol , gun on shoulder . Light iff garage gave just nuff to see , she with ease , racked off the know your limits steel down to where i couldnt see the last 2 . The squirell reset as fast as i could rack a pellet . Was childs play at 50 even barely being able to see .

Think im gonna love this cheap ass lil 569 dollar gun

I have a killer 15 pound gun , now ill have a 35 and 55 pound companion to it, will cover all i hunt

IMG_1380.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1363.jpeg

IMG_1384.jpeg

IMG_1386.jpeg

IMG_1385.jpeg

Reactions: Old
I have been working on mine. It is a .25 bottle version bullpup.
It came with 4100 psi in the tank and the reg set at 2100. The hammer Spring was 3.75 turns CW .
Ran a shot curve at these settings with 25.39 gr JTS dead center and got 72 shots on the reg at 955 FPS and 50 FPE. ES 20.7 SD 5.4.
Worked up up a hammer spring curve from zero turns CW to 3 turns CW. Found stability at 2.75 CW turns. ES 5.3 and SD 1.8 for 20 shots at a velocity of 905 FPS and 46.5 FPE.
Ran a shot string from 4100 to 2100 on the fill gauge. Got 100 shots. Reg stayed constant at 2100 although for the last 10 shots I had to wait a few seconds to equilibrate.
I shot 5 shot groups at 50 meters for this test. When I did my part the groups were always 4 in less than 1/2 inch and 1 shot off the group by about 3/4 inch from center. Some were bonified 1/2 inch groups and one was stellar at about a pellet and a half wide.
I am very pleased.
Tonight the rabbits are in trouble.