Air Venturi Avenge x loose shroud

I guess my next question is, is there a way to tighten the shroud onto the barrel?
Wit the barrel grub screws tightened the shroud is still a little loose.
Around 1/4 inch of play forward and back, and also able to twist a little.
I would think that would degrade accuracy some??
Mine I just received does the same thing! The holes or indents they drilled in the barrel aren't deep enough so no matter how you tighten them the barrel still moves forward and backwards and side to side during every shot. I can't even sight this one in at 30 yards as it looks like a shotgun pattern on my sight in target. I have it chronographed at 880 for 22 caliber and the regulator is set at 2100. I used JSB 18.3 pellets and yes I've cleaned the barrel and it only took 12 patches with Balistol to come clean. Frustration has taken over me now as this expensive gun is good for a paperweight. Terminator industries makes a nice barrel band for this Avenge X and I'll try that to see if one band will lock it in place and it should be here Friday and I'll let you know. I really wanted to like this rifle. Might be returning it if I can't lock down the barrel to keep it from moving!

I modified my Avenger barrel band by hacksaw cutting through the tangency point of the 2 diameters, drilling throught the barrel band at that point and adding a modified clamp screw to simultaneously clamp both tubes together. Barrel Band Mod.jpegBarrel Band Mod 1.JPG

Mine I just received does the same thing! The holes or indents they drilled in the barrel aren't deep enough so no matter how you tighten them the barrel still moves forward and backwards and side to side during every shot. I can't even sight this one in at 30 yards as it looks like a shotgun pattern on my sight in target. I have it chronographed at 880 for 22 caliber and the regulator is set at 2100. I used JSB 18.3 pellets and yes I've cleaned the barrel and it only took 12 patches with Balistol to come clean. Frustration has taken over me now as this expensive gun is good for a paperweight. Terminator industries makes a nice barrel band for this Avenge X and I'll try that to see if one band will lock it in place and it should be here Friday and I'll let you know. I really wanted to like this rifle. Might be returning it if I can't lock down the barrel to keep it from moving!
Take a look at the Rubber Grommets/Spacers that Terminador sells. They are supposed to snug it all up by removing the play between Barrel and shroud. Good Luck.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Take a look at the Rubber Grommets/Spacers that Terminador sells. They are supposed to snug it all up by removing the play between Barrel and shroud. Good Luck.
The indents in the barrel were not drilled deep enough is why it would always move even with the two barrel screws tight so they were just sliding over a hardened round surface. Factory should have made the barrel detents a little bit deeper. I've got the Terminator grommets in two of my other rifles. I sent the rifle back for a refund as this is unacceptable! Thanks for the tip though man.

I have the Reg Avenger and have had no probs.
I have one in 25 caliber as well. It's a great shooter and it's fully modified with Terminator products from Dana. I have the trigger from AE Swede, Buckrails tactical kit, I wouldn't sell it for anything! I just wanted a nice 22 so I wanted to try the Avenge X.