Air Venturi Avenge x rattling

To the OP I would say that what you have going on is normal free flight, my AAA Paradigm has it, and it is an uber premium airgun. Don't mess with yours if you like how it's shooting just because you think it shouldn't be making noise. You would basically be wasting your time chasing what isn't a problem, and very likely be giving yourself a real problem.
Word🤠🙌🏽 I just didnt know if I had a problem or not😎

Reactions: PumaCarl
Longer lighter spring would 100% introduce hammer bounce in this situation...as you made no mention of retaining any free flight by doing so, plus again, lighter springs are more susceptible to this effect, and its not for the faint of heart and green around the edge guy..

-Matt
Beeing the green around the edges guy, I think that I can conclude - based on all the very fine answers, and thank you all - that there is nothing wrong with my rifle and its best just to ignore the rattling.

Beeing the green around the edges guy, I think that I can conclude - based on all the very fine answers, and thank you all - that there is nothing wrong with my rifle and its best just to ignore the rattling.

Glad you came to this conclusion.

Really the most you should do, if you ever do tear it down, is, as I mentioned in a pm to you, measure the free flight via the slot where the trigger/sear enters. Optimal free flight distance is 1-1.2mm, and if it were to be sub ~2mm I wouldn't bother messing with it.

Until then, enjoy your gun, and don't worry about a shim turning it into a leaf blower if you do happen to someday reduce the free flight to a degree... :ROFLMAO:

1725889539678.gif

-Matt

Last edited:
Glad you came to this conclusion.

Really the most you should do, if you ever do tear it down, is, as I mentioned in a pm to you, measure the free flight via the slot where the trigger/sear enters. Optimal free flight distance is 1-1.2mm, and if it were to be sub ~2mm I wouldn't bother messing with it.

Until then, enjoy your gun, and don't worry about a shim turning it into a leaf blower if you do happen to someday reduce the free flight to a degree... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 494951

-Matt
I really love that gun. Thank you all for all the answers and help. I really appreciate it