Avenger Air Leak, Power Drop, Hatsan Flashpups, Easy Stick Tripod, Pest Control

Are they sending you a free shipping return label or do YOU have to pay out of pocket to ship and insure their AVENGER gun that THEY already know they are still currently selling to unsuspecting victims the current AVENGER that has known issues-? Which even Air Venturi admitted-acknowledged-?

I'd ask for a new improved gen2 Avenger as a replacement. You DONT want a disposable-consumable gun even if it's only $300.

You do realize if they use the same poppet replacement the same will inevitably happen again sooner or later right-?

I honestly tried to sound the alarm bells back in last year summer time but many wouldn't trust me enough to listen.

Look at even right now many people still buying the Avenger. Probably need to learn the hard way too I guess.

I give up posting and reading Avenger threads of new guns just bought.

Too late for them anyway.

Good luck-

Air Venturi Avenger *Air Leak And Power Drop* Hatsan Flashpup(s) *Easy Stick Tripod *Pest Control

https://youtu.be/JwYAGDyAe68

I understand exactly what you're saying. If it were my first one I'd definitely be more upset. Maybe we can make enough noise that they will listen. Yes, I am paying for it to be shipped back, and you're not wrong, if they know it's bad and would replace the bad parts (poppet, and barrel band that I forgot to mention in this video) they know are bad designs, that would be the right thing to do. I've read they are fixing issues, but not sure what's going to happen with this one, I have no previous experience with them directly so this will show me what they're all about.

I went straight to AV and didn't call PA where it was bought. I had a leak in my Nomad 2 compressor, the pressure relief valve needed a Delrin seal replaced, PA was setting up a shipping label and I just changed it myself, but they were going to pay for it to be sent back. I asked to be set up with the shop to see if it was an easy fix, they did, it was, and it's run great since.

My personal experience with PA has been great, I don't want a new gun that's upgraded, I want my gun with the fixes if they are going to take care of the issue, not the same old parts. PA would probably have replaced it before I gave it a paint job, as I said though, I want my gun.

The reason I brought up my Flashpups and wanted them in the video was partly that I have had a good experience with Hatsan personally. If they have flaws in a gun they will fix them, they make upgraded models as per what the customers are wanting, they've been great guns and have yet to fail me. I've got a model about three years old that's out running one that's a few months old, that's what we wanna see in a new gun, $300 or not.

In the end, I wanted a regulated gun, I do like it, this will tell the story as to buying another model from them later, especially a new model, and how they will respond, will they take it off the market and run, or will they fix it and realize that their customers are what makes them what they are, take care of them and become a respected leader in the industry. Time will tell.

You do realize if they use the same poppet replacement the same will inevitably happen again sooner or later right-?

It seems AV has and will continue to sell a lot of these guns so maybe someone will make an aftermarket replacement - sooner rather than later😀!

From what I understand a guy that goes by DUY on here and GTA is already on it. He made the ones for the Nova Liberty. I'll be in touch with him more than likely, especially if they replace it with what's in it. Kind of crappy and I'd be mad if I didn't already know. I wanted one, did my homework, knew it had issues, but I thought it would make it more than a few months, actually less. I hope they do upgrade it, but I'm not crossing my fingers from what happened with the Nova Liberty. I knew it when I went into it, it was bought as a Christmas gift, I waited around all year to see how it was gonna turn out, I wasn't disappointed when it arrived, but as I said, it should have made it a bit longer. I'll put the fix to the test and see how it turns out.

It seems AV has and will continue to sell a lot of these guns so maybe someone will make an aftermarket replacement - sooner rather than later😀!

From what I understand a guy that goes by DUY on here and GTA is already on it. He made the ones for the Nova Liberty. I'll be in touch with him more than likely, especially if they replace it with what's in it. Kind of crappy and I'd be mad if I didn't already know. I wanted one, did my homework, knew it had issues, but I thought it would make it more than a few months, actually less. I hope they do upgrade it, but I'm not crossing my fingers from what happened with the Nova Liberty. I knew it when I went into it, it was bought as a Christmas gift, I waited around all year to see how it was gonna turn out, I wasn't disappointed when it arrived, but as I said, it should have made it a bit longer. I'll put the fix to the test and see how it turns out.

Thanks for that information - I have been very interested in the Avenger and issues aside, a lot of owners seem very happy with it. BTW, I have the same experience with Hatsan; they get a lot of grief, but they sell a lot of guns, too and the one time I had to contact them with an issue my e-mail was answered promptly with a long, detailed explanation which solved the problem. Thank you again for taking the time to post all of this and responding; I'll be interested in the follow up about your experience.

Thanks for that information - I have been very interested in the Avenger and issues aside, a lot of owners seem very happy with it. BTW, I have the same experience with Hatsan; they get a lot of grief, but they sell a lot of guns, too and the one time I had to contact them with an issue my e-mail was answered promptly with a long, detailed explanation which solved the problem. Thank you again for taking the time to post all of this and responding; I'll be interested in the follow up about your experience.

It's a good gun, at least I think so, I love the way it shoots and it's accurate, also easy to carry due to the weight. I'd buy another one, DUY, a member on here, and GTA by the name of dark charisma I believe, is said to make excellent after market poppets, and whole valves that work better for these models. 

Yeah man, Hatsan guns are good guns, simple and easy to work on, and powerful, a hunting gun for sure. It has to be able to take e beating and they will.

I'll give and update when I get it back, I'll run the fire out it and see what it does. Thanks for checking it out.

DUY has aftermarket poppets or you can send the valve to him and he will make it flow better with a different version poppet to fit the reshaped valve...along with a larger plenum. Great guy to deal with.

I appreciate the info, I've heard a lot about his work on the liberty and this valve, I'll definitely be in touch with him in the future.

Here's his plenum on mine. 60ish fpe in 22 cal
20210323_210651.1618194637.jpg

Mine had a slow leak. When I sent it back to Air Venturi it was leaking 150-200 psi/day. I tracked it for about a week. I'm not sure I picked the cheapest way to send it back but it either $30 or $40 dollars, don't really remember now. Not cheap. But I got it back, after about 5 weeks, a couple weeks ago and it shoots great. It initially wasn't leaking but it seemed to go down a bit yesterday to today. I need to track it but will probably be shooting it daily this week - too much fun to let it sit.

A PA guy on GTA said the new shipment will have delrin poppets but seemed to say they do not have them as parts available yet. Might be something to ask AV about.

I don't know what they fixed on mine but it is definitely better, hopefully it is totally fixed and it just dropped a little from temperature. I filled it on my Yong Heng and it does get warm during the fill.

I have not tried the 25.4s your gun likes but mine does like FX better than JSB at that weight. It also seems to like the JSB Heavies more than the MKII. But I have only tested to 33 yards so far so the jury is still out. I'm pretty happy at fairly consistent 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards. Scope is also only 14X so it might do a little better with a higher powered scope (or a different shooter).

Mine had a slow leak. When I sent it back to Air Venturi it was leaking 150-200 psi/day. I tracked it for about a week. I'm not sure I picked the cheapest way to send it back but it either $30 or $40 dollars, don't really remember now. Not cheap. But I got it back, after about 5 weeks, a couple weeks ago and it shoots great. It initially wasn't leaking but it seemed to go down a bit yesterday to today. I need to track it but will probably be shooting it daily this week - too much fun to let it sit.

A PA guy on GTA said the new shipment will have delrin poppets but seemed to say they do not have them as parts available yet. Might be something to ask AV about.

I don't know what they fixed on mine but it is definitely better, hopefully it is totally fixed and it just dropped a little from temperature. I filled it on my Yong Heng and it does get warm during the fill.

I have not tried the 25.4s your gun likes but mine does like FX better than JSB at that weight. It also seems to like the JSB Heavies more than the MKII. But I have only tested to 33 yards so far so the jury is still out. I'm pretty happy at fairly consistent 1/4 inch groups at 33 yards. Scope is also only 14X so it might do a little better with a higher powered scope (or a different shooter).

That's good news, not the wait for it, but that it's working well. I don't mind a new model if my stock fits on it, I did tell them that in the letter. All I've heard back at this point is that they've received it. I did the same on shipping, it cost $31 to send it back. I think they'll take care of it, I hope mine comes back in great shape. I didn't notice the leak as much because I was shooting it daily, I thought maybe it was just bad memory and I thought it had more in it than I was thinking, but as you did, when I started watching it, yeah, it was leaking for sure, I'd have to fill it up every couple of days to keep the reg pressure up. 

Thanks for chiming in from someone who has went through the experience with good results in the end.