Avenger overfill / burst disc failure

First time PCP owner here. Managed to overfill and now I have a gun that won't hold air. I'm assuming it's a simple fix with a burst disc replacement, but I don't know where to look.

Called Air Venturi. I was told it's a 6k PSI disc(or maybe it was 5k - I don't remember), but not how to get a replacement, or where it is located within the gun. Apparently there is only had one person doing tech support, and she couldn't give me any information beyond that, until they get back to me later this week.

That's helpful, but I had planned to take this thing to the range before then. I'd like to find a solution to this seemingly simple problem, but have not found anything about this issue so far. If this has already been addressed elsewhere, could someone please point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have the same problem, I called and asked for the burst disc, they had no idea what I was asking for. Mine was not an over fill , but I cracked the fill tank valve open to quickly. An Air Venturi 100 cubic inch tank valve.

Thier solution is to return for repair. Was not worth that, bought a bocock atomic xr from AOA
They wouldn't sell you a replacement part?

How much are they wanting for the service? I'm still waiting for them to get back to me, but it wasn't hard to locate the disc, after pulling the gun from the stock. But now where do I get a replacement?

20221107_124658.jpg

20221107_124602.jpg

No idea if he is on here but I know Tyler Patner from AV is over on GTA forums. If you pm him I bet he will get you all the info you need. I think his username is like tpatner or something close to that. Def don’t dump it and buy a super high priced wimpy powered pistol over a burst disc. I can tell you I previously owned 2 avengers that I sold and bought 2 fx streamlines. My avengers shot every bit as good and I’m pretty sure even a bit better. They are no joke.

Had the same problem with Crosman and the burst disc on my Kratos.

After a half dozen calls to tech and the nice parts ladies, I had been sent every thing but the correct part.

I have since ordered the discs successfully from both Amazon and Canada Shooting Supply.

The Crosman Benjamin thing was a cluster, performed by the very nice Crosman parts ladies and two ignorant and rude tech guys.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Scotty1 is right, just order them off of Amazon.
That's what I ended up doing, hoping 5K is enough. Pyramid's customer service told me they do not sell parts for the Avenger, and that I would have to send it in for the repair.

I'm very new to this, but is it common practice in this industry for a company to not support their product with parts?

That's what I ended up doing, hoping 5K is enough. Pyramid's customer service told me they do not sell parts for the Avenger, and that I would have to send it in for the repair.

I'm very new to this, but is it common practice in this industry for a company to not support their product with parts?
Some crap companies do it that way.

Yes, a 5K burst disc will work fine.

They appear to be all the same size and shape. 5K burst disc or device has a working pressure of 209 bar a 6k Burst disc or device has a working pressure of 248 bar.

Air Venturi Avenger has: "Max Fill Pressure: 4,351 PSI (300 BAR)". It should have a 7.5K burst disc?

Working pressure of a burst disc is 60% of the device rating.

Taking me only a few minutes to figure out how this PCP was engineered. I'll sell mine for 100 bucks and let someone else risk their limbs in repairing it.

Reactions: L.Leon
When my Kral burst disk burst around 3700-3800 PSI (on the compressor gauge) I made a burst disk myself.

The Kral burst disks are circles 9mm in diameter made from copper.
I made a burst disk from a Crosman pellet tin, cut to about the same dimension as the original disk.
It will likely not burst until it gets to some very high PSI but that's OK since I cannot fill my PCPs over 4500 PSI with a cheap compressor anyways.

Initially I tried to make the burst disk from a crushed pellet but that only lasted 1-2 days, so don't try that.

Reactions: rsfrid
When my Kral burst disk burst around 3700-3800 PSI (on the compressor gauge) I made a burst disk myself.

The Kral burst disks are circles 9mm in diameter made from copper.
I made a burst disk from a Crosman pellet tin, cut to about the same dimension as the original disk.
It will likely not burst until it gets to some very high PSI but that's OK since I cannot fill my PCPs over 4500 PSI with a cheap compressor anyways.

Initially I tried to make the burst disk from a crushed pellet but that only lasted 1-2 days, so don't try that.
All I can say, that is not a good idea.

Looking
All I can say, that is not a good idea.
Looking at the diy or direct part solutions your pretty much in a corner .

Seems ive seen around plenty of guys cut there own like from pop can or what not and if not the thickness start stacking them ..lol. copper or brass shim material may do noce.

Just find the thickness you need

Being air venturi is the importer/ distributor and warentee service and cant offer that simple part ... I dont know. Sounds like there taking lessons from gamo..lol