Bad first results with slugs in the .25 superior liner. FX Pros help!

Well, here’s my first results with the superior liner in .25. Aren’t looking so good with slugs even at 30yds. It seems like even my STX liner that came with my gun is shooting better with pellets than my new superior liner. Pellets were going 950 FPS, and the 26s were going about 910, and the 29s were going about 890. Anyone experience this before? Could this be related to my liner being shipped in a piece of garbage as shown in my other post? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks 
1597882804_18996696725f3dc1b45b6f29.20386584.jpeg

Looks like the liner did pretty good with the ammo it was designed to shoot. The stock Superior liner is not a slug liner FX sells a separate Superior liner for slugs. Still with the right slug and tune the regular Superior liner will probly shoot very well. You may want to try the FX Hybrids. Although with that large of groups at 30yards I would think you may have some clipping or other problems going on.

Looks like the liner did pretty good with the ammo it was designed to shoot. The stock Superior liner is not a slug liner FX sells a separate Superior liner for slugs. Still with the right slug and tune the regular Superior liner will probly shoot very well. You may want to try the FX Hybrids. Although with that large of groups at 30yards I would think you may have some clipping or other problems going on.

I took my suppressor off, and groups were still pretty bad. I then shot another group with the kings and they were all over too! I think I might of gotten a bad barrel. After that I put my old STX barrel back on and it was shooting so much better than the superior. I also noticed that there were several small dents and the dimple on the barrel where it slides in was much smaller than on the STX. Is that normal?

Anyways, the superior shot 1 inch groups at 30yds and the kings were going about 910, and I turned the reg up again for the 26gr and they were going about 925, still shot like crap. So I switched the superior out for the STX and the kings were going 950 and still shot literally one hole accuracy. Kinda disappointed about my new barrel. 

I agree with Jayson, slugs can be a long long road. I can shoot a group with a 29gr dish base slug and put them all in one hole at 30yrds. Then shoot the exact same slug with a cup base and get a 3/4" group. Then shoot a flat base slug and spray them everywhere. You can get lucky when you try a slug but you should be prepared to buy a bunch of slugs and be patient enough to try each one at different velocities, reg settings, lubes and barrel harmonics. My advice for airgun slugs is this. If the type of shooting you do absolutely demands that you use a slug and you have deep pockets and a bunch of free time, go for it. If you are extremely lucky, go for it. If you don't mind having 50 pounds of half used boxes of slugs laying around, go for it. If you thrive on aggravation, go for it. If you get frustrated, realize that a heavy pellet can be deadly and accurate at realistic airgun ranges and give up on slugs, go for it. That's what most guys do. There is no shame in it. We are not buying purpose built slug guns. We are still trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Manufacturers are just trying to make it easier but not a sure thing.

I have had very similar results, my Superior liner just wont shoot NSA slugs ether. My STX pellet liner (that came in the gun) shoots .25cal, 25.4 and 34 grn pellets better then my superior liner. Much tighter groups. but it shoots the FX Hybrids very well that's the only reason it hasn't been listed on the classifieds yet. The superior liner's not the be-all and end-all of liners, IMHO. And its not a slug liner. Again IMHO FX found a combination that worked Great with their Hybrid slugs and pretty decent with the JSB's and they put it out to sell Hybrids. Again its not a slug liner. I have been pretty disappointed with the Superiors JBS shooting ability.

The superior liner I got shoots the NSA 29gr very very well lights out. Hybrids are not so good, scattered and splattered as far as I’m concerned. 34gr pellets were just meh. I tried various speeds with Pellets super liner with no success to top the old liner. My old STX pellet Liner shoots 34gr pellets way better. I got the Superior liner in hopes the 34gr Pellets would be that much better, Precision Accuracy based I what I heard. Didn’t get it for slugs just pellets. I like running the 34gr around 900fps range. I gave up and put my old liner back in.

I got a .22 superior liner that I need to give a try. 

John T 

I havent seen a .25 SUPERIOR liner yet that doesn't shoot the FX HYBRIDS really well, if not then a light lubing works wonders, in fact I would do it anyways, next the JSB KO's in .25 shoot brilliantly with the SUPERIOR and they are much cheaper.

Lastly wait until you try the new H&N .25's once the barrel is conditioned they also shoot incredibly well from the SUPERIOR.

I find this “strange”. Those groups at 30. Shooting pellets basically in one hole and then slugs that terribly. Only time I ever had that happen was with a powder burner shooting bullets at too high a velocity that the jackets not staying together. If you told me you found that the slugs were 22 cal and not 25 I’d believe it. Something isn’t right.

I havent seen a .25 SUPERIOR liner yet that doesn't shoot the FX HYBRIDS really well, if not then a light lubing works wonders, in fact I would do it anyways, next the JSB KO's in .25 shoot brilliantly with the SUPERIOR and they are much cheaper.

Lastly wait until you try the new H&N .25's once the barrel is conditioned they also shoot incredibly well from the SUPERIOR.

My Superior liner doesn’t shoot the Hybrids very well at all. They seem to shoot similarly to many slugs I’ve tested that were just okay. They were alright, just nothing special and certainly not my first or second choice for a slug to shoot all the time. I had just finished testing thousands of slugs out of my slug liner when I got the Superior liner and really didn’t want to start the process all over again. All the hoopla got to me so I bought 500 of the Hybrids to test out. I tested them from 850fps up to 1150fps and everything between. I was told they shoot well at around 950fps so I really focused on velocities between 930-970fps with no luck. I tested them with a high reg. and low HS and also with more HS and a lower reg pressure. I couldn’t get them to shoot any better than any other slugs I tested. With that being said, I probably gave up a little too early and I know better. The one thing I didn’t try and have with all the other slugs I’ve tested was lubing them. I’ll give that a shot and see if i can get them to shoot up to the level of all the hype. So far, to me, they seem to be just another slug and much lighter than the ones I like to shoot. At what velocity range do you shoot them for your best results? I’d love for them to shoot well, I could lower my reg below 100 bar and still shoot them fast!

Stoti

I find this “strange”. Those groups at 30. Shooting pellets basically in one hole and then slugs that terribly. Only time I ever had that happen was with a powder burner shooting bullets at too high a velocity that the jackets not staying together. If you told me you found that the slugs were 22 cal and not 25 I’d believe it. Something isn’t right.

I believe that may have been my fault. I didn’t clean the barrel thoroughly enough and I used the liner o rings too, but that shouldn’t make that much of a difference. I bet the liner really needed some “seasoning” on it. I made sure I was shooting .25 cal slugs too. I sat there confused for like 5 minutes just trying to comprehend how on earth that happened lol

When do the 25 KOs and H&N come out? I heard the same thing about both. Sounds like another good slug to try.

When do the 25 KOs and H&N come out? I heard the same thing about both. Sounds like another good slug to try.

Out anytime now in Europe