Baikal 46 m

Looks like I will be needing a case, what would you recomend?
This is the one I purchased. I bought two and a few sleeves of pellets to keep the shipping cost under $50. The 46M is a damn long pistol.

Pyramid Air sells the Air Venturi version , same gun same factory , but i see several Baikal's at Airgun shows all the time , i just bought a new in the box Baikal 46 for $400. The 46m is a longer tube and slightly more FPS
Built the heat exchangers for the KAMAZ Dakar rally trucks back in 2014 and the Kamaz team gave me a Soviet Era Baikal 46. It is truly a nice pistol. My wife's favorite!

Well mine arrived today, mfg. 4/2007 and is in almost new condition. The grip is very uncomfortable. I was hoping it would at least be okay for now. Time to learn how to shape the grip.

20230803_191043.jpg
IMG_2115.jpg

Well mine arrived today, mfg. 4/2007 and is in almost new condition. The grip is very uncomfortable. I was hoping it would at least be okay for now. Time to learn how to shape the grip.

Have no fear, that is a great pistol. There are a lot of aftermarket grips for the 46. I purchased a left handed grip for mine and it works very well. Very ergonomic pistol, can shoot it all day long. Harder to load the pellet than cock it.

Reactions: marflow 777
there are a lot of aftermarket grips for the 46M really, i know of 2 that are wood Rink and Steve Corcoran and both will be over 200 bucks
when EAA still had parts the grip halves were about 25 bucks and i should have bought several sets but i snoozed and i lost

now if you have a source for wood grips and not the ones at PRECISION TARGET PISTOL GRIPS which are fine for what they are and of course the prices are fine please list them
because a lot of grip makers i do not know of
Have no fear, that is a great pistol. There are a lot of aftermarket grips for the 46. I purchased a left handed grip for mine and it works very well. Very ergonomic pistol, can shoot it all day long. Harder to load the pellet than cock it.

I am on Steve Corcoran's list. He won't make just one set so I am waiting for 1 or 2 more people to request grips. I will shoot it this weekend just to see how it shoots, but it is too uncomfortable to hold so I won't be shooting it much until I get the grip sorted out.

These are the grips I purchased. Took three months to receive them, they are slow but it was worth the wait. One week of that was at a USPS hub. They kept telling me they did not have it when they did. Very frustrating. I do not trust the USPS.

These are the grips I purchased. Took three months to receive them, they are slow but it was worth the wait. One week of that was at a USPS hub. They kept telling me they did not have it when they did. Very frustrating. I do not trust the USPS.

Rink does make some very nice grips, but I like the idea of keeping my money stateside if possible. I may cave if the wait with Steve is too long.

I have to say the IZH 46M is at the very top of that list all of us old guys have: Airguns I Regret Selling! And now they cost 2 1/2 times what I originally paid, of course. :rolleyes:

I did find the grips a little weird but as noted above there are many ways to deal with that. The accuracy, trigger, sights, and power are all amazingly good. The cocking effort is so light it might make you think twice about needing a PCP.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I have to say the IZH 46M is at the very top of that list all of us old guys* have: Airguns I Regret Selling! And now they cost 2 1/2 times what I originally paid, of course. :rolleyes:

I did find the grips a little weird but as noted above there are many ways to deal with that. The accuracy, trigger, sights, power, and cocking effort are all amazingly good.

* exception: DualMag Mike ;)
I was waiting for you to chime in:). I am sure I overpaid but if you want something that is hard to find you do what you have to do. I am excited to give it a try. Came with 3 extra sets of breech seals so I am set if I screw up and don't close the breech completely. It is like brand new mfg in 2007. It does exhibit the galling on the cocking arm. Is there a way to address this? Would a bit of moly in that area help?