Benjamin Banjamin gunnar 25

I would recommend you use it a little while before you start changing things up. They are usually set pretty optimally from the factory. Do you have a chronograph? .25 pellet shooters are usually running from 1900-2100 psi on the reg.
My Evol .30 is set at 2100psi for instance. With higher regulator pressure you end up having to increase the tension on the hammer spring to open the valve at its new higher pressure. This makes a heavier cocking action when you cycle the lever.
Definitely try the thing out with some good JSB 25.39 pellets and see what it’s doing at 50 yards with the reg where it’s originally set at. You may be surprised. 880-920 fps is most likely going to be the sweet spot for accuracy with it. If it’s stacking pellets in a single hole at 880fps I wouldn’t bother chasing higher fps numbers and give up accuracy.
If you decide to go ahead and take it apart be sure to have a set of spare o-rings (or two) for it before you dig in.

I just bought a 25 cal gunnar.
I'm going to degas it and adjust the reg.
I've read 2350-2400 is prime but I didn't see pellet weight or velocity.
Anyone messed with one before I start tinkering? I'd love to hear your experience and specs.
I would just sell it and get another budget pcp that you can make said adjustments to without having to buy seperate parts to make work for what you are looking to do. Not a lot of folks jumped on the gunnar bandwagon, imo its a lower powered plinker for the backyard.

I would just sell it and get another budget pcp that you can make said adjustments to without having to buy seperate parts to make work for what you are looking to do. Not a lot of folks jumped on the gunnar bandwagon, imo its a lower powered plinker for the backyard.
You're 100% correct.
I bought it on sale at a 50% discount. About $600 after tax and shipping. I put 6 different pellets through it and 3 diffrent slugs. I spent a day and a half with it at 25 yards.
My 7 year old son was holding better groups with a red rider bb gun than I was. I boxed it up and returned it. I'll pay a substantial restocking fee and $60 for return shipping. Even then it's better than having a $400 corner piece for my garage. The gunnar was a complete disappointment.
So, I now have an fx m4 sniper in .22 on that way..it should be here Tuesday.

It's rather unfortunate the Gunner became an 'Also-Ran'chassés PCP.
From what I've read, it was lacking in power and accuracy dept. Crosman basically threw it to the wolves and never sent it to finishing school.
875-880 on reg with 25.4 -.25
Accuracy wasn’t a problem. The fact that Reximex installed the .22 air stripper on the .25 gun in one of the batches two years ago? yeah there’s your accuracy problem. Open to .280 and bingo! Laser. My personal one does 100yd no problem.