Bargain block now loaded with Akela and Kratos

So much for that 🤣
You can probably get the 25 cal up to 45 for okay shot count, or maybe 50 fpe for 10 good shots.

The 22 is going to max in the low 40s.

The main issue is the fill pressure being only 3000 psi. Now swap a Kratos bottle to a 300 BAR bottle and you can get it cooking with the right ports and spring. Get a Cayden barrel which is 2" longer and cut off the choke. Now you have a 22 cal slugger. Maybe... lol.

Wow... Good to know! I filled My Airacuda to 3200 one time just to see what happens. It shot very erratic until it was back at 3000 or a little less.
Is your airicuda regulated? If not, it was overfilled and the hammer spring couldn't overcome the pressure in the valve. If it's regulated, the over fill shouldn't cause any velocity issue. Not in my experience anyhow.

Is your airicuda regulated? If not, it was overfilled and the hammer spring couldn't overcome the pressure in the valve. If it's regulated, the over fill shouldn't cause any velocity issue. Not in my experience anyhow.
No, but neither is the Kratos, which is why I wrote what I did. At 4000 PSI it most definitely would need one. No?

No, but neither is the Kratos, which is why I wrote what I did. At 4000 PSI it most definitely would need one. No?
Dependa on what you're after. If you want all out power, I say port and spring job with the higher pressure.

If you want more shots at a steady level, then go with the regulator.

If I were to get another Kratos and was making it a slug gun, I would get the 22 and do the barrel swap like I mentioned to get rid of the choke, and then upgrade the bottle and pressure. 50 fpe would be attainable in sure.

When I did a 20" 22 cal barrel on my 300 BAR Jumbo, it was doing close to 55 fpe for 60 shots. That should translate to the Kratos as well.

I don't recommend trying higher fill pressures on the akela or Cayden since the tube is only rated for 3000 psi.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
It is a stunningly bad idea to put 4k pressure into a system designed for 3k. You are asking for a bomb at face level.

A regulator does not magically increase the capability of the bottle and block threads. That Conner kid is notorious for trying to amp up guns by overloading the air system. Don't be another Conner.

Last edited:
It is a stunningly bad idea to put 4k pressure into a system designed for 3k. You are asking for a bomb at face level.

A regulator does not magically increase the capability of the bottle and block threads. That Conner kid is notorious for trying to amp up gi s by overloading the air system. Don't be another Conner.
Yeah, that wasn't my intention so I'll be clear:

DO NOT OVERFILL YOUR GUNS PAST MAX RECOMMENDED PRESSURE!!!

My jumbo has a valve/drop block/bottle rated to the pressure I fill too. ITS NOT THE FACTORY ITEMS.

Reactions: JimNM
Choked barrel, and limited valve space to work with.
Explain? Are you saying you can’t run slugs out of the .177 or .22 Akela? I have many customers that would disagree. As a matter of fact I even sold .177 guns that were slug certified from me and gave the slug it shot.
The .22’s loved 218 diameter at 21g. Even the Cayden shot them well.

Last edited:
Explain? Are you saying you can’t run slugs out of the .177 or .22 Akela? I have many customers that would disagree. As a matter of fact I even sold .177 guns that were slug certified from me and gave the slug it shot.
The .22’s loved 218 diameter at 21g. Even the Cayden shot them well.
Most people are looking for high power when they shoot slugs. That's not an easy feat on this platform in stock form.

Will they shoot a specific slug well, yeah most likely. My 22 akela I had did like NSA 20.2 grain in 218 I believe, but it would shot gun most other slugs I tried. They were also slower fps than a pellet of comparable weight.