Barrel curved to right from factory

If you feel uncomfortable, call the place u bought it. They might walk you thru it as described by stevep-52.
Again, this is just a means to avoid voiding any possible warranty. I'm sure I'll end up having to at some point but I'll burn that bridge when I get there lol
I

The recoil of the gun is forward. What is this telling you. You are pulling it back into your shoulder. It’s easy to do. Found myself doing the same thing. A gentle, consistent hold to the shoulder and let the gun recoil forward as it should. Front hold consistent and not to firm. Find what works. Repeatability is key.
I'll just have to keep trying until I figure it out. My pride might be hurt but that's just life, it'll hurt worse if I let it get the best of me I already know that.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
My hatsan took a bit of getting use to.. it also like the rear sight clicks leaning left .. one thing i can say for myself is you may need to really hard clean the barrel ( hatsan can be pretty dirty). That fouled rifling can deform a pellet or affect the spin and cause it to fly untrue or left or right or shotgun groups . So to say. My hatsan new needed some tlc . Like took down cleaned and proper lube , the factory assembly was just so so at best.

So I'm checking out if it's a barrel or shroud problem, got the shroud off easily and the crown with the threading is... Interesting to say the least... Went ahead and ran 0000 steel wool to deburr it because it was tearing off threads of the torx type towels I'm using and they weren't coming off. Cleaned up well and got the material off but also noticed this rubbery substance splotched into the threads here and there and also some other hardened resin type stuff, assuming it was some type of loctite material. Because now I'm seeing that when I rescrew the shroud until it's flush it isn't aligned at all and I very much doubt I should try and torque it another like, 1/8 turn to get it there. Could have sworn the shroud was flush to the block when I started but now I'm not sure but definitely feel like it should have been. It doesn't look like it's the barrel though it does seem like it's the shroud but I'm honestly not sure. Also it looks like they intentionally made the screw on the front sight unusable as I can't get a driver head on it, but they didn't get it tight enough before doing so because then they smacked it until it pushed metal on the shroud up so it'd stick, it's almost funny if I didn't pay money for it lol

Last edited:
PXL_20221011_184536138.jpg
PXL_20221011_184451022.jpg

Just to show you what I mean, the gap from the block is me backing up the shroud until the sight is close to aligned, and the sight is to show what I mean by it being beaten in. Is it being locked with material in the thread a normal thing? I do see a port for such an application on the bottom of the shroud where you can see the barrel, it just feels weird to me honestly if it is. Hmm

If all the QE shrouds are the same, there should be a beveled spacer like shown below between the breech block and the end of the shroud. Pics are of the one from my 95 QE .22 and you can see the same black goo on the threaded barrel end you mentioned.
That hole in the bottom of the shroud is a vent hole. If you look at the nut you took off to get the shroud off, it also has holes around it so when the excess air bleeds out through those hair curler looking baffles when you fire, it goes through those holes around the nut, then out that vent hole on the bottom of your shroud.
Front sight I've never tried removing so I honestly have no answer to that part other than a heavy handed builder at Hatsan.
QE shroud spacer.jpgQE shroud spacer 2.jpg

Front sight just kinda slides off when I pull on it so it's all willy nilly, no effort involved which is why assume they smacked it make it as to not wiggle but it appears the recoil worked it off because I noticed it's looseness when I went to unscrew the cap of the shroud and it definitely didn't wiggle when I first got and checked the gun over. The nut in the shroud never came off it is secured with the same black goo that's in the barrel thread. And I do still have the beveled spacer on the shroud, it never came off when I took it apart but I am able to pop it off if I try so it's pretty snug in there. Where you wondering if mine had come off as to explain the gap? It's honestly confusing to say the least, the material on my threads resembled the rubbery tack they use to secure those mock credit cards to paper on those credit offers you get in the mail except it has a tar color to it their was some bits that stretched and pulled off and others were solid but useless to hold the shroud anymore because they broke their grip when I spun it off and only made for making it feel gunky when I put it back on but, again, won't be able to hold like they did before. I suppose I could get an o ring to fit under the spacer so that it's flush to that and wouldn't shake loose and off center with every shot but I was very careful to not lose any pieces when I took the sleeve off so I can only assume that the gunky material was keeping the shroud in place the whole time. Might help explain why it was off to start... Actually I just put it down flush to the block to check straightness and I think that solved my curving issue while also making the sights unusable lol interesting. This is where the sights sit with the shroud sleeve flush
PXL_20221011_200423366.jpg

Did any shim / spacer washer drop out by chance? Just inside the shroud to tapered spacer. Would be easy to make one.
I'm very bad with taking pictures before taking things apart but I was very careful that nothing had fallen off. Even did a thorough check of my work area to be absolutely positive and see if I had missed it if something did fall but I've been working over hardwood with a light finish and found nothing. I would have heard it too it's always quiet here.

Last edited:
While you have it apart, check the crown very carefully for burrs.
The end of the threading in the crown all looks pretty clean actually, maybe a bit of burring on the outside diameter of the barrel itself but that makes no contact with the pellet so I'm not too worried although I'll probably clean it up just because why wouldn't I? I'm sending off all my findings to the representative I've been in contact with so I'll have to wait for an update from them but I suspect they'll probably have me send it back as either you or someone else mentioned.

I would use a dental pick and very gently
The end of the threading in the crown all looks pretty clean actually, maybe a bit of burring on the outside diameter of the barrel itself but that makes no contact with the pellet so I'm not too worried although I'll probably clean it up just because why wouldn't I? I'm sending off all my findings to the representative I've been in contact with so I'll have to wait for an update from them but I suspect they'll probably have me send it back as either you or someone else mentioned.
Insert a dental pick into the barrel and lightly drag it back to catch a burr. All the way around on every land and groove. Also check that all grooves stop exactly at the same point.

I would use a dental pick and very gently

Insert a dental pick into the barrel and lightly drag it back to catch a burr. All the way around on every land and groove. Also check that all grooves stop exactly at the same point.
That's probably a lot better of a method than eyeballing it I won't lie. I'll have to see if I have anything like a dental pick or are you referring to a wooden toothpick or something? I'm imagining those metal ones dentists use.

That's probably a lot better of a method than eyeballing it I won't lie. I'll have to see if I have anything like a dental pick or are you referring to a wooden toothpick or something? I'm imagining those metal ones dentists use.
Something like this. The tiniest burr that can catch a projectile will effect accuracy.
029E6AE4-1071-465A-A5FF-9F6E4F48C996.jpeg

Following this cause i recalled mine shot right so just now i went out centered up the rear sight to see how bad it was right ( been some time since I've checked that deal).

So at just 10m its about a 3/4" +/-. Guess i should of took a tape measure with me ad well , but it aint on track anyway ..lol. Its a 95QE .22

Ya i don't know i just twist the windage left and let her ride .

hatsan95shootsright.jpg