Barrel curved to right from factory

Following this cause i recalled mine shot right so just now i went out centered up the rear sight to see how bad it was right ( been some time since I've checked that deal).

So at just 10m its about a 3/4" +/-. Guess i should of took a tape measure with me ad well , but it aint on track anyway ..lol. Its a 95QE .22

Ya i don't know i just twist the windage left and let her ride .

View attachment 296868
Oh man if I could have even got a grouping that was even worth recording like what you got there I probably wouldn't have opener her up and found these issues. But alas both me probably shooting bad and all the stuff I found was giving me shotgun patterns lol

So I just got a confirmation they're gonna send me a return sticker I'm just debating whether I wanna take another roll at seeing if I can get one that's good or just refund it. Probably just gonna get a replacement because I do like the gun and I still have around 550 pellets that I'd rather not turn into high priced lead for casting lol I'm just a little wary of what I'll get. But with the good experiences you guys have had with yours and with what I know now I'll be able to check it over much more thoroughly and avoid the headache and humbling experience I had this time around ha

Last edited:
Oh man if I could have even got a grouping that was even worth recording like what you got there I probably wouldn't have opener her up and found these issues. But alas both me probably shooting bad and all the stuff I found was giving me shotgun patterns lol
Thing was it shot kinda tight at first.. then degraded to shotgun like groups and started smoking bad..

So i took her down and cleaned up hatsans mess . Big thing i guess was the nicked up seal . I just buffed it out the best i could and put it back in , cleaned up there lube job and did a more proper lube. So overall it shooting fine but i could of went with a new seal , who knows its working on the getto tune for now. .. i got some threads on it at gta ..lol

Heres some pictures for fun.. tye last seal pics are after i buffed the nicks out.

smoke1.jpg

smoke2.jpg

smoke3.jpg

hat952edshot.jpg

dalubejobhat95.jpg

hat95nickseal1.jpg

nickseal3hat95.jpg

sealreferbhat951.jpg

sealreferb2.jpg

Thing was it shot kinda tight at first.. then degraded to shotgun like groups and started smoking bad..

So i took her down and cleaned up hatsans mess . Big thing i guess was the nicked up seal . I just buffed it out the best i could and put it back in , cleaned up there lube job and did a more proper lube. So overall it shooting fine but i could of went with a new seal , who knows its working on the getto tune for now. .. i got some threads on it at gta ..lol

Heres some pictures for fun.. tye last seal pics are after i buffed the nicks out.

View attachment 297017

View attachment 297018

View attachment 297019

View attachment 297020

View attachment 297021

View attachment 297022

View attachment 297023

View attachment 297024

View attachment 297025
Oh man they really make you do the work huh? But from what I hear with even the most expensive options is that it's unavoidable. What did you use to buff it out just some fine sandpaper? And I haven't worked on an air rifle before so I'll have to get my chops in on this replacement at some point just to make sure I don't run into any wear issues, I'm assuming you can just get the piston out to work on that seal and don't have to worry about relieving the gases and replacing them? That's one thing I'm not positive on but seems like a good thing to ask obviously. Man this whole air gun game feels a lot like what's happening with the video gaming industry, you have to pay full price for a game beta that they expect you the play test for them! Whatever happened to selling quality products where all you had to do was buy it and pass it on to your kids haha I always thought people were just complaining when they said, "the good ole days" but now I have a whole new perspective.

Oh man they really make you do the work huh? But from what I hear with even the most expensive options is that it's unavoidable. What did you use to buff it out just some fine sandpaper? And I haven't worked on an air rifle before so I'll have to get my chops in on this replacement at some point just to make sure I don't run into any wear issues, I'm assuming you can just get the piston out to work on that seal and don't have to worry about relieving the gases and replacing them? That's one thing I'm not positive on but seems like a good thing to ask obviously. Man this whole air gun game feels a lot like what's happening with the video gaming industry, you have to pay full price for a game beta that they expect you the play test for them! Whatever happened to selling quality products where all you had to do was buy it and pass it on to your kids haha I always thought people were just complaining when they said, "the good ole days" but now I have a whole new perspective.
Ya, i dont guess ive had anything that did not need some tlc on somthing.. sometimes super minor stuff then sometimes its a bit deeper. With and now after covid it seems there a lot more careless, cut a corner or blind eyeing some QC .. you know that its just good enugh to ship and get orders filled .. just hurry and we'll make it up in referbs and rma's. Lol. ..(opinion).

Yes like 400 grit i think ...

Now hatsan trigger you got to be kinda careful with when disassembly. It can all just near fall apart and can be a pain to reassemble it .lol. This one pin for sure.. i use a short dummy pin that clears the reciver but helps hold the guts in place..

dummypin.jpg

Thanks Steve I figured as much, but it only hurts NOT to ask and confirm. And bear I definitely love tinkering so I'm sure I'll enjoy it profusely and will definitely look at getting some seals just as extras for the future, self reliance is something I enjoy already with my hobbies and I will 100% beat myself into taking pics of everything to break my bad habit of trying to just memorize. Been taking stuff apart since I was a kid you'd think I'd have learned by now huh? Thanks again guys you've all been a lot of help.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
Thanks Steve I figured as much, but it only hurts NOT to ask and confirm. And bear I definitely love tinkering so I'm sure I'll enjoy it profusely and will definitely look at getting some seals just as extras for the future, self reliance is something I enjoy already with my hobbies and I will 100% beat myself into taking pics of everything to break my bad habit of trying to just memorize. Been taking stuff apart since I was a kid you'd think I'd have learned by now huh? Thanks again guys you've all been a lot of help.
Pretty much if the trigger dont fall apart its pretty simple basic..

Id near say the next pain maybe the bare trap spring thing.. mine was closed and had to bend open the loop end so be careful bending it open or to close it ot dont bteak the spring... or maybe then pivot bolt shims ? Lol.

Like steve said that ram on mine only had maybe 3/8 to 9/16 preload .just enugh to compress it to realine the pins to there holes .
Also i taped the safty button in place do it could not come apart or off the block it sets in ..

Nothing major about the job but them little things can get some choice words toward them ..lol

Ya, even a caveman can do it ..😉

Alright guys another update: Got the replacement from pyramyd today and already started snapping pics, nothing major but there is a minor blemish on the finish of the shroud and a few other spots on the receiver. So I started on getting the shroud off and immediately found something... peculiar, the nut on the inside of the shroud that I have to torque to start getting the shroud off is... inverse? As in it looks like they installed the part upside down, because I see a hexagonal shape but, it's sunken instead of raised, I slipped a brass rod down to check if I wasn't just crazy. The gun I started with that I sent back I just slipped a 14mm bit over it and was able to start working the whole thing off, but now I just can't get the shroud off at all because I don't think they make an Allen key that long! Nor do I think that that's how this is intended to be constructed. I suppose I could try and just grab the whole shroud with something and try to get it loose but... I'm pretty sure I couldn't get a grip with anything without damaging it. And I also guess I could just try it out and see if it works but I want/need to check the crown and rifling to see if it's good because I have no faith in this gun already lol. I must have the worst luck of the draw or something or hatsan is just not a company I have any interest in buying from anymore(or Turkish guns in general as I've already heard atrocious things about their quality). You guys have any suggestion for this? Because I think I'm just gonna get a refund and look for something else completely. For now I'm just popping this sucker back in the box until I figure out what to do with it.

Alright guys another update: Got the replacement from pyramyd today and already started snapping pics, nothing major but there is a minor blemish on the finish of the shroud and a few other spots on the receiver. So I started on getting the shroud off and immediately found something... peculiar, the nut on the inside of the shroud that I have to torque to start getting the shroud off is... inverse? As in it looks like they installed the part upside down, because I see a hexagonal shape but, it's sunken instead of raised, I slipped a brass rod down to check if I wasn't just crazy. The gun I started with that I sent back I just slipped a 14mm bit over it and was able to start working the whole thing off, but now I just can't get the shroud off at all because I don't think they make an Allen key that long! Nor do I think that that's how this is intended to be constructed. I suppose I could try and just grab the whole shroud with something and try to get it loose but... I'm pretty sure I couldn't get a grip with anything without damaging it. And I also guess I could just try it out and see if it works but I want/need to check the crown and rifling to see if it's good because I have no faith in this gun already lol. I must have the worst luck of the draw or something or hatsan is just not a company I have any interest in buying from anymore(or Turkish guns in general as I've already heard atrocious things about their quality). You guys have any suggestion for this? Because I think I'm just gonna get a refund and look for something else completely. For now I'm just popping this sucker back in the box until I figure out what to do with it.
I have been wondering about the QC of Hatsan lately. I have 2 135’s from years ago. A couple days ago I went into a local gun shop and they had three 135’s in the rack. A 177, 22 and 25 caliber. I looked all three over very carefully and also a 95 they had. The 95 was pitiful. The 135’s were better but not by much. One was really bad in the wood department and all three were not at all as good as mine. Very disappointed.

I have been wondering about the QC of Hatsan lately. I have 2 135’s from years ago. A couple days ago I went into a local gun shop and they had three 135’s in the rack. A 177, 22 and 25 caliber. I looked all three over very carefully and also a 95 they had. The 95 was pitiful. The 135’s were better but not by much. One was really bad in the wood department and all three were not at all as good as mine. Very disappointed.
Yeah I messaged Steve about the nut piece in the shroud and he sent me a pic of his that he had taken out and I guarantee that they changed that part to something pitiful because what I'm seeing from the two guns (returned one and the replacement) is that it's basically just a washer with a tiny hexagonal on top, just enough to catch with a socket wrench but just barely, that's why I assume it was so easy to install upside down. I didn't even bother trying to shoot it or test the breech seal or rifling or anything like that I have no interest in the gun or the company anymore. I had high hopes for the replacement upon hearing about the good experiences you guys have had with yours but I just have a bad taste in my mouth now. Well you live and learn I suppose. At least pyramyd has been really understanding and good to work with so far so there's at least that. I already shot them an email about just getting a refund on it and I'm awaiting a response now.

Yeah I messaged Steve about the nut piece in the shroud and he sent me a pic of his that he had taken out and I guarantee that they changed that part to something pitiful because what I'm seeing from the two guns (returned one and the replacement) is that it's basically just a washer with a tiny hexagonal on top, just enough to catch with a socket wrench but just barely, that's why I assume it was so easy to install upside down. I didn't even bother trying to shoot it or test the breech seal or rifling or anything like that I have no interest in the gun or the company anymore. I had high hopes for the replacement upon hearing about the good experiences you guys have had with yours but I just have a bad taste in my mouth now. Well you live and learn I suppose. At least pyramyd has been really understanding and good to work with so far so there's at least that. I already shot them an email about just getting a refund on it and I'm awaiting a response now.
Hatsan started out making a decent gun at a good price. They have slid in quality every year. Not a company to buy from anymore. You gave it a very good effort and gained some springer knowledge so all is a win for you. Inexpensive education. I think at this time you should probably venture in to a Weihrauch product. You never complained about the size/weight of the 135 so maybe look at the HW97. You will be amazed at the quality difference.

Hatsan started out making a decent gun at a good price. They have slid in quality every year. Not a company to buy from anymore. You gave it a very good effort and gained some springer knowledge so all is a win for you. Inexpensive education. I think at this time you should probably venture in to a Weihrauch product. You never complained about the size/weight of the 135 so maybe look at the HW97. You will be amazed at the quality difference.
I was already thinking about the same. I've heard it's all metal and wood which is very attractive. I considered venturing to a pcp but I just don't like the idea of having to buy a compressor to lug around or spend 30 minutes huffing over a pump, springers just have a charm to them I guess. Probably the self reliant side of me. And I do like the underlever design it seems like it'd have a longer lasting accuracy as a whole plus it reminds me of a muzzleloader.

Ya, my 95qe shoots ok to pretty good but..... Like said above i look at guys older (i guess) 95's to mine and see the cost cutting. Id say mines kinda toyish (?) More the loner to folks at a cook out or creek party or the brat cousins kid to shoot when visiting.. youths first beater gun. I personly think if it had a steel barrel instead of that QE shroud thing id like it more better. Now the hatsan 25sc pistol i got . Love it for what it is really no complaints on it.. bur now if you find one its now also that QE only shrouded as well and that has me hesitate on buying another one due to the 95's qe "feel"

No clue what they charge these days but the simple fix is email Hatsan and buy yourself the older 95 barrel with the muzzle break on the end. That or watch their refurb section when one pops up in the caliber you want, jump on it since they sell quick for the reason I'm about to tell you...lol
You'd get a whole rifle for quite a bit less than what the separate parts would cost and not need to email when you want to buy something. Rifle when they have them is $99.99. Just the stock? $54.95 and shipping. Trigger pack which they now do sell is something like $45 plus shipping. Barrel? The 95 barrel 5 years ago was $79.99 and you had to send them the rifle to do the swap. Nowadays they sell them and are probably close to that much. You'd be way ahead money wise and still have a pile of spare parts.

No clue what they charge these days but the simple fix is email Hatsan and buy yourself the older 95 barrel with the muzzle break on the end. That or watch their refurb section when one pops up in the caliber you want, jump on it since they sell quick for the reason I'm about to tell you...lol
You'd get a whole rifle for quite a bit less than what the separate parts would cost and not need to email when you want to buy something. Rifle when they have them is $99.99. Just the stock? $54.95 and shipping. Trigger pack which they now do sell is something like $45 plus shipping. Barrel? The 95 barrel 5 years ago was $79.99 and you had to send them the rifle to do the swap. Nowadays they sell them and are probably close to that much. You'd be way ahead money wise and still have a pile of spare parts.
Thanks for the suggestions Steve, I really do appreciate them, but I'm just gonna refund the rifle and save up for something of appreciable quality, I was already feeling iffy about the plastic all over the gun, blemishes in the finish, and the stock being basically as soft and ding-able as beech(I set it gently against a table and it instantly dented, I know this isn't a huge deal but it was off-putting). Even beyond that I don't respect the company and don't want them to have my money, if people spend the time and money to do what the company should already be doing then what stops them from doing less and still charging the same price? Maybe they should just get into selling kits instead of passing off kit guns as complete products to be harshly honest because it felt like I had to replace almost everything in the gun to get a usable one.