Beeman Beeman 1357 Underlever.

I just bought the Beeman 1357 Underlever. I have some high hopes for this rifle target shooting in my back yard.
The stock Gods smiled on me today. I have to say I was not expect this stock to look this good. Most beech stocks don’t have any grain. This looks really nice. Darker than I expected.

I plan to do all the sort of modifications to this. It’s in .177 I already ordered the moderator. That will all be here Tuesday with the band to mount the bipod.

I tested the trigger weight at 2.75 lb out of the box. A quick pen spring mod and adjustment of the trigger rod has it at 1.5.
It feels really good for 250 bucks that for sure.

I put on a starter scope and will fire it a bunch with that to brake it in and get use to it.

I cleaned the barrel with a patch and fishing line. So it is all nice looking.

The stock is beautiful. But the finish was showing all my sweaty fingerprints. So while I have it apart I gave it a quick rubdown with Maccari gunstock mud.this made it look nice and smooth.

I think I can find a piece of carbon fiber tubing to replace the plastic shroud. Only need a one foot piece so the price shouldn’t be to bad.

I am very curious about the B Stanly mod but that will be for later.

My plan is to shoot the 14 yards in my back yard just for fun. I will probably not shoot it much past 55 yards.
I need to be super quiet. So I’m gonna crank this thing way down and see how it does. Feels really nice so far.

IMG_6239.jpeg

IMG_6235.jpeg

IMG_6236.jpeg

I tried to find some carbon fiber tubing to make a barrel shroud. What I could find was not exactly the right size and the price of wrong size tubing was a bit more than I wanted since it would not actually do anything. I use this carbon wrap to protect parts and have some on hand so I just wrapped original tubing. Don’t tell anyone.
The trigger is done and I am just waiting for the moderator and barrel band to hold the bipod.

IMG_6257.jpeg

IMG_6258.jpeg

Reactions: sekiar
The biggest things never liked about the bull pup design was the cocking lever on the back of the stock and the sloppy trigger. This Underlever is great, and the trigger is nice. After my adjustments and pen spring mod. I think I want a little bit more first stage. Going to shoot it tomorrow
You can further adjust trigger by screwing in/out the linkage that goes to the trigger. Sorry i don't know the proper name. Piece looks like a threaded clothes hanger.

Takes some getting used to. Loud as all get out without moderator!!

Good luck!

Finally got to shoot today. Not everything went well. I have a 12x scope that’s is fine . And I have a 16 x with a level. So I set up the 12x scope and it was a little off but I got it on paper. But I could not get the eye relief right. I switched to the 16x scope it has a nice level and it’s a better scope.

I shot about five magazines.
I think I need a compressor. I like the hand pump. But this is not that much bigger than my 1701 pistol. But I had to stop every 1000 psi to let the pump cool down and so I did not get my heart rate up. I have to pump up the gun then let it cool off and comeback . That’s no good. I don’t mind pumping the pistol up. But I feel like it is biathlon training.

After spending all day with two scopes and the new gun and magazines. My scope rings are 30mm. I need 35-40 . I have to smush my face up to the cheep price to see through the scope clearly.

I put the sound meter outside and shot from inside my garage across the sound meter at the target 14 meters away. It was 81 db out of the box. My tx200 is 92DB and my 1701 is a 60db.
I will get the Buck Rail moderator and bipod mount tomorrow and then I have to see if I need a different bipod. I got one that will clear the cocking lever. But now I think the one I got is to short.

This is so nice. I found a really nice case for this gun. It is not cheap. But it is a fitted case that has a place for the scope still attached and the moderator and bipod plus a tin of pellets. It’s hard to find a bull pup case and a 170 dollar fitted one for a 250 dollar gun seems very strange.

Waiting on the scope rings.

But this is it so far. The only real problem is I have to avoid picking it up by the moderator. It is a very inviting handle to reach into the gun safe and grab it. I think it at best break the printed moderator and at worst bend the barrel. So keeping it in the case is better .

IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

This is so nice. I found a really nice case for this gun. It is not cheap. But it is a fitted case that has a place for the scope still attached and the moderator and bipod plus a tin of pellets. It’s hard to find a bull pup case and a 170 dollar fitted one for a 250 dollar gun seems very strange.

Waiting on the scope rings.

But this is it so far. The only real problem is I have to avoid picking it up by the moderator. It is a very inviting handle to reach into the gun safe and grab it. I think it at best break the printed moderator and at worst bend the barrel. So keeping it in the case is better .

View attachment 493744

View attachment 493745
Yeah, i like the Buckrail mod and bilod rail. Found an inexpensive CV Life or Pinty adjustable bipod. You can really adjust the hammer spring and make this gun quiet!!!

Have fun figuring it all out.

Yes, I too actually shortened the "connecting rod" too.

I adjusted the Allen screw behind the trigger. There is a tiny hole and you can see the sheer. It is just past enough to take up the slop in the adjustment screws. The trigger breaks at 1.5 lb and the first stage is very short but with the pen spring it is really just nothing. Then you hit the second stage . You can feel it and then pull the trigger. I like it so far because with the small amount of shooting I have done. I don’t notice the trigger at all.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
I haven't been able to locate a parts diagram either. Beaman who has been helpful in other things is not supplied me with any drawings or part numbers or anything. Plus they're super slow to respond.
Most of the parts for the HDD you can get it a local hardware store. You can even use the original hammer spring adjuster but it ends up getting buried deep inside the adjustment hole. If you go to make one let me know I'll pull mine out and measure up the spring and other parts

Thanks. The scope rings will be here Friday. And then I am going to get the carbon fiber tubing for the barrel shroud. I will pull everything down and look at the parts.
I read that if you put a stack of o ring s inside the tube to buffer the hammer it helps shop the bounce. I just want to see how it all works. Funny there is not diagram. Or parts available.

For 250 dollars I guess I could get a whole set of parts with an extra stock to stain black. 😁

Last edited: