Beeman Beeman Marshall 2028 in .22 cal help with modifications

Hello everyone,

I just received a new Beeman 2028 Marshall in .22cal which I plan to use for shooting paper targets indoors at 15-feet and also outdoors at 10-Meters.

I plan to make several modifications to the Trigger assembly to reduce the pull effort, ( it is currently just over 4-pounds ), I have watched the video by Walnut and Steel. Does anybody have any other suggestions to improve the trigger?

Second thing that I would like to improve is the “chocking action” of the Bolt assembly and I cannot find anything about that on the internet. Open to any and all help with this.

Thanks in advance,
ThomasT
Beeman 2028-100.jpg

Hello everyone,

If you own a Beeman 2027 or 2028 and you want to adjust the Trigger Pull down from the factory setting click on this link Walnut and Steel:

This guy does a great job showing and explaining the process. My trigger had a pull of just over 4-pounds and I completed his process and now have a great pull of only 1-pound and 2-ounces.

I am NOT a gun smith and actually hate working on any and all air guns and I made a big mistake in the beginning. I first removed the Safety mechanism which is not required and a real problem to re-install.

Hope thie will be helpful,
ThomasT

Beeman 2028 Trigger.jpg

Hello everyone,

OK here is my latest modification to improve the Trigger Pull on the Beeman Marshall 2028.

I want to state again that I am NOT a gun smith and the modifications that I am showing here are based on the information that I gathered from the internet.

This mod is making and installing a new “return trigger spring” out of .0340" stainless steel piano wire. After I completed the mod shown on the Walnut and Steel video and leaving out the “return trigger spring” , the trigger pull was down around 3 to 4 ounces. I could not accurately measure and after shooting the Pistol I just did not like the “feel”, or more specifically the lack of feel.

I like 1 to 2 pounds of trigger pull on all of my air guns so I decided to make a replacement “return trigger spring” . If you look at the first photo you will see that the “angle” or “opening” between the two ends of the wire on my replacement spring is a bit larger. Using this wire and that opening is what gave me the final pounds of pull. I could have reduced the opening and made it a bit less than the factory spring and that would have resulted is a lower pounds of pull required. I will shoot the Pistol with this setting and if I decide that I need it to be lower than the current 2-pounds, then all I will have to do is reduce the opening.

Hope this will be helpful if you own one of these Pistols,

ThomasT
Beeman 2028-103A.jpg
Beeman 2028-104A.jpg
Beeman 2028-105A.jpg