Beeman P17

I picked up a P17 from Pyramid Air a couple of weeks ago and took it for a spin today. Out of the box I was hitting tin cans today at twenty yards this morning. Great little pistol and well worth the $45. If you are looking for a reasonably priced shooter, give this one a look! Very fun and seems to like every pellet I have tried.

D221D451-50FC-449D-8741-F636D7E9B08A.jpeg

I picked up a P17 from Pyramid Air a couple of weeks ago and took it for a spin today. Out of the box I was hitting tin cans today at twenty yards this morning. Great little pistol and well worth the $45. If you are looking for a reasonably priced shooter, give this one a look! Very fun and seems to like every pellet I have tried.

View attachment 350580
Mine is not pellet picky butttt crosman gold flights are the best out of my bunch for accuracy so far. (But they are pricey)Ordered some Sig Sauer pellets to try in her🤪🤙

View attachment 350580
Keep an eye on Amazon. A little over 3 years ago they had the P17 for $7.50 each.

I ended up ordering 24 of them in batches of 4 (the most you could purchase in one order).

Gave most away as gifts, but I still have a few left and they are great shooters and not pellet picky out to about 10 meters.

Keep an eye on Amazon. A little over 3 years ago they had the P17 for $7.50 each.

I ended up ordering 24 of them in batches of 4 (the most you could purchase in one order).

Gave most away as gifts, but I still have a few left and they are great shooters and not pellet picky out to about 10 meters.
That's nuts. And here I thought my $29.99 each was a deal...

And you're too right about it not being pellet picky out to ten yards, I've shot lead round ball and it did shockingly well. Laughably so, and it's dang easy to load too! :)

That's nuts. And here I thought my $29.99 each was a deal...

And you're too right about it not being pellet picky out to ten yards, I've shot lead round ball and it did shockingly well. Laughably so, and it's dang easy to load too! :)
Not sure that I would agree that they are easy to load, but then again, you may have been being sarcastic. (smile)

Getting pinched when pumping and the problems with loading are the main 2 complaints with this gun. And I will add that the adjustable rear sight WILL go out of adjustment easily, at least for up and down.

I have never done it, but placing a scope or red-dot on the rail also is a little problematic because it interferes with the pumping action.

Even after saying all that, it is a great single pump air pistol for the price... especially for the price I got them for... (chuckle!)

Reactions: drpietrzak
Not sure that I would agree that they are easy to load, but then again, you may have been being sarcastic. (smile)

Getting pinched when pumping and the problems with loading are the main 2 complaints with this gun. And I will add that the adjustable rear sight WILL go out of adjustment easily, at least for up and down.

I have never done it, but placing a scope or red-dot on the rail also is a little problematic because it interferes with the pumping action.

Even after saying all that, it is a great single pump air pistol for the price... especially for the price I got them for... (chuckle!)
Thbk ot was meant that the round ball is easy to load; I really like them too.
I've found that a red dot toward the muzzle still gives you enough area to close the action🎩🤙
I've also put felt over my rear iron sight so that it doesn't dig into my palm

Reactions: Miami Airgunner

Yeah, no, I just meant the round ball is easy to load.

The entire process is.. janky. But, darn fine for the $. :)

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yeah, no, I just meant the round ball is easy to load.

The entire process is.. janky. But, darn fine for the $. :)
Never have tried lead balls because the few reviews I could find on them said their accuracy was lousy in general. Maybe OK for plinking, but only if you were shooting at fairly large targets. (chuckle)

As far as the loading of the P17, it is the hardest to load of any PCP I have ever owned. It is doable, but I don't want future readers of this thread to think it is easy.

It is NOT! Janky? LOL!

Yes, for the $7.50 per I paid, it doesn't bother me.

If I paid around $50, it would bother me a lot more! (chuckle)

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
The P17 has a surprisingly good two stage trigger. Not the greatest but certainly not the worst either. I think it will get better with a 500 pellet break in period. Damn good trigger for the price, everyone should have one of these. They do have a little crack to them, I was surprised. Will have to shoot it over a chrony and see how fast they are going.

I agree, loading is not the easiest. There is a trick to balancing a pellet on your finger to make loading a little easier. Have to keep an open hand when closing or something is going to get pinched. The good news is you will only do it once if ever.