Beeman P17

Never have tried lead balls because the few reviews I could find on them said their accuracy was lousy in general. Maybe OK for plinking, but only if you were shooting at fairly large targets. (chuckle)
At ten yards they're more than accurate enough for off hand shooting. Something like a 1/2" pattern with an occasional bad flier.

Definitely not good ammo, but, easy to load and far better than I expected

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
At ten yards they're more than accurate enough for off hand shooting. Something like a 1/2" pattern with an occasional bad flier.

Definitely not good ammo, but, easy to load and far better than I expected
My favorite part of the round ball is that it iiss SO easy to load into ANY slinger mechanism. My least favorite part of them is how relatively "dirty" they are to your fingers

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Easiest way is to wash the pellets inside a strainer with a bowl of soapy water. Then rinse them off and put them on some paper towels to dry.

Not sure that I would agree that they are easy to load, but then again, you may have been being sarcastic. (smile)

Getting pinched when pumping and the problems with loading are the main 2 complaints with this gun. And I will add that the adjustable rear sight WILL go out of adjustment easily, at least for up and down.

I have never done it, but placing a scope or red-dot on the rail also is a little problematic because it interferes with the pumping action.

Even after saying all that, it is a great single pump air pistol for the price... especially for the price I got them for... (chuckle!)

Screenshot_20230425_205314_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
With that amount of height over bore you are going to have a LOT of POI shift as you shift range for the close-in distances this is likely to be used at.

I found even putting a pistol red dot on them mounted as low as I could was starting to create some level of challenge on that, though it is worth the tradeoff for the increase in accuracy if you're just shooting one very predictable distance.

I liked my P17 so much that when it's seals finally gave out I purchased the real German deal. The one that the Chinese copied to make the P17, the HW 40.
It has been great shooting either of them with the RorG dot sight, but if you notice on the H9A, I found a RorG dot sight that mounts to the Dovetail with out the picatinny adapter. It was inexpensive on Amazon, and will lower the sight on the gun.
If anyone knows where there is a quality rebuild kit for the P17, fill me in.
Thanks

20230425_210433.jpg

Reactions: maxtrouble
With that amount of height over bore you are going to have a LOT of POI shift as you shift range for the close-in distances this is likely to be used at.

I found even putting a pistol red dot on them mounted as low as I could was starting to create some level of challenge on that, though it is worth the tradeoff for the increase in accuracy if you're just shooting one very predictable distance.
Yup thats true, and part of the game I guess.
I shot a wasp with it. It landed on a board about ten feet away, and I aimed dead on it and hit about an inch and a quarter low. Fortunately the wasp held its ground. I was able to reload, center the wasp between my dot and the last hole, and I smoked him. Lol
I don't have a lot of practice changing ranges. I shoot a measured distance, that is long range for these pistols from the bench. My targets are cans, about the biggest to .25 cal airsoft pellets being the smallest. 👍

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Yup thats true, and part of the game I guess.
I shot a wasp with it. It landed on a board about ten feet away, and I aimed dead on it and hit about an inch and a quarter low. Fortunately the wasp held its ground. I was able to reload, center the wasp between my dot and the last hole, and I smoked him. Lol
I don't have a lot of practice changing ranges. I shoot a measured distance, that is long range for these pistols from the bench. My targets are cans, about the biggest to .25 cal airsoft pellets being the smallest. 👍

You should lose that big tall adapter at least, and go with something like these (I love this particular one, but YMMV)

Low Profile snap-in 11mm Dovetail -> Picatinny Adapters

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Not sure that I would agree that they are easy to load, but then again, you may have been being sarcastic. (smile)

Getting pinched when pumping and the problems with loading are the main 2 complaints with this gun. And I will add that the adjustable rear sight WILL go out of adjustment easily, at least for up and down.

I have never done it, but placing a scope or red-dot on the rail also is a little problematic because it interferes with the pumping action.

Even after saying all that, it is a great single pump air pistol for the price... especially for the price I got them for... (chuckle!)

Just to be clear...

I have no problem loading the P17, except with oversized Piranha pellets that simply don't fit, and I don't have a problem with getting pinched when pumping.

What I was referring to was the comments I have read and comments from those whom I have gifted this gun.

On another note regarding red dot sights... I am looking into buying one, but the size of the "dot" seems to be pretty large on the cheap ones.

5-4-3 MOA sized dots seem large to me, but then again I have never used a red dot sight and the 1 MOA dot size raises the price considerably.

Discuss... (chuckle)

I liked my P17 so much that when it's seals finally gave out I purchased the real German deal. The one that the Chinese copied to make the P17, the HW 40.
It has been great shooting either of them with the RorG dot sight, but if you notice on the H9A, I found a RorG dot sight that mounts to the Dovetail with out the picatinny adapter. It was inexpensive on Amazon, and will lower the sight on the gun.
If anyone knows where there is a quality rebuild kit for the P17, fill me in.
Thanks

View attachment 351306
I have a P-3 and believe it to have the best trigger on anything I have ever tried. I have no experience with the P-17 since you have both I'm curious on your opinion on the comparison on the triggers??

Reactions: .20calguy
I have a P-3 and believe it to have the best trigger on anything I have ever tried. I have no experience with the P-17 since you have both I'm curious on your opinion on the comparison on the triggers??
The P17 trigger is really nice, until you shoot a HW40, after that it feels a bit mushy.
I do however need to tighten the HW's trigger it is to light for me, occasionally firing before Im ready.
The P3, and HW40, are both Weihrauch's. The P17 is a Chinese copy.

Just to be clear...

I have no problem loading the P17, except with oversized Piranha pellets that simply don't fit, and I don't have a problem with getting pinched when pumping.

What I was referring to was the comments I have read and comments from those whom I have gifted this gun.

On another note regarding red dot sights... I am looking into buying one, but the size of the "dot" seems to be pretty large on the cheap ones.

5-4-3 MOA sized dots seem large to me, but then again I have never used a red dot sight and the 1 MOA dot size raises the price considerably.

Discuss... (chuckle)
Weaver's are nice n compact🎩🤙

20221227_161208.jpg

The P17 trigger is really nice, until you shoot a HW40, after that it feels a bit mushy.
I do however need to tighten the HW's trigger it is to light for me, occasionally firing before Im ready.
The P3, and HW40, are both Weihrauch's. The P17 is a Chinese copy.
Ok thanks for the reply and your opinion (y) and Ive had others try shooting the P-3 and they had a premature fire, down range pointed in a safe direction :)

Reactions: .20calguy
They have a .22 p17?👀
No, but it's easy to do. I was lucky and picked up a couple of old Xisico XSP 120D's, (dual caliber). They had bad seals, I just bought them for the .22 barrels, they just drop right in. A lot of guys will take barrels out of old crossmans and cut them to specs on a lathe, it's very simple to do. You can put a real nice crown on it too in the lathe. It smacks the spinners and cans with authority, here are the chrony numbers.

IMG_5878.PNG