• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman S1, Marksman 45, Norica Jet tool

I made a tool to disassemble a Marksman 45 made by Norica out of an iron pipe nipple. I bought the nipple for $2.50 and turned it to a useable dimension and then milled slots so it can reach the spring to depress it allowing the trigger mechanism to be removed prior to getting the piston out for seal replacement. I used a Custom Air Seals seal. They claim to run in within 200 shots but I sized it some to speed up the process. Had to remove the old wax/bubblegum seal from the chamber. Like an orig 124 has. I poke out what I can and then use a little 1/4" shank cup brush on the end of a long drill bit extension and a power drill. Did it for one of my brothers. Kar
IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg

KWK,
Nice photos and some good ingenuity on making the spring pusher from a plumbing fitting.
I ran into a similar problem when I pulled my Beeman GS700 from a closet after many years of storage and it wouldn’t fire a pellet even though it sounded powerful when discharged.
Today I attempted to make a similar part that you made out of 1” round Delrin that I had in my workshop. After completion I chucked up the GS700 receiver in my lathe and used the tail stock in an attempt to push the spring forward enough to remove the trigger mechanism, but the Delrin was not tough enough for the task.
At a later date, I will try making the another part again using either steel or some 1” OS diameter aluminum piping, which would be easier to turn and mill for a one shot project.

I have a question, when you ordered the seal from the company located in Australia what was the turnaround time and also the shipping cost. Thanks, John

Yesterday, I decided to make another attempt at crafting a "spring compressing tool" to disassemble my Beeman GS700 springer (aka Marksman 0035) using the same method and pipe nipple that KWK used in his above post. I purchased a 6" galvanized 3/4" nipple at my local HD for $4 and change, plus tax. First I chucked it up in a lathe and remove the pipe thread on one side using a cut off tool. Then I removed about .075" on the exterior surface for the full length. I did not use a boring bar to remove any material from the internal surface at this time.
Using a fine tipped Magic Marker, i drew a rectangular shape 5/8" wide and 2 1/2" in length. I then clamped the piece in my small hand operated milling machine and began slowly removing metal from the marked area. I repeated the same on two opposite sides using a smaller carbide milling bit where the pins are located. I then cleaned up the rough edges with a small file.
After inserting the tool in the receiver I realized that I had to remove more metal in tight areas and rather that put the part back in the mill, I decided to use my Dremel tool with a round stone bit to complete the finish work. All toll it took about two hours to make the tool and less than $5.00 in material. it certainly is not a work of art, but it functional. Thanks again to KWK for the concept and providing the photos.

spring compressing tool (home made).jpg

I am a beginner working on air guns. But have many years of experience as a shade tree hobby machinist, with good mechanical skills and a die hard do it yourselfer. Attaching a few photos of the tool in use.
First I wrapped 2" painters masking tape around the front of the Beeman GS700 receiver/housing to protect the bluing from getting marred. Then inserted the receiver/housing into a three jaw chuck, tightened the jaws and engaged the back gears so the chuck would not turn during the process. Inserted the home made spring compression tool into the rear of the receiver. I moved the lathe bed tail piece close to the tool and locked it in place. Using the hand wheel on the tail piece made the process of pushing the tool forward, thereby compressing and pushing the spring forward. Then the two pins securing the trigger were removed allowing the trigger housing to be released and extracted from its housing in photo 3. Then it was simply cranking the tail piece in reverse and the tool was extracted from the housing. Photo 4. This allows al the internal parts to be removed. I ordered the replacement seal, moly lube and the barrel chamber o-ring from a firm in Australia, so it will be a few weeks wait to get all the parts.

Compressing spring 1.jpg

Trigger removal.jpg

Trigger out.jpg

Compression tool extracted.jpg