N/A Benjamin Armada/Marauder & DAR Gen 3 owners.. Have a look!

This post is for anyone with an Armada/Marauder & or a DAR Gen 3, I have been searching and testing slug after slug after slug trying to find something these 2 in particular like, I’ve been through TONS and was about to call it & come to terms with these 2 being strictly pellet spitters! well yesterday I got a Tin of Rifle Slug Series, 18.21gr HPs & holy hell, I only have 45yds on my property at the farthest point I can stretch out, but these 2 groups are each 1 whole mag (10rds) one from the DAR and one from the Armada, (Both on factory out of the box tune) like a laser.. 1/2” maybe sub 1/2” I didn’t measure exactly, my battery is dead in my Mic.. @ 45yds.. I didn’t expect much from these because they are reasonable and not expensive slugs.. but boy oh boy, the search is over.. The Benjamin Armada/Marauder & the DAR (Dynamic Air Rifles) Gen 3 are 3 of my absolute favorite rifles & if this post helps anyone in saving yourself some time & money looking for a slug that works in these particular barrels, Awesome! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0091.jpeg

This post is for anyone with an Armada/Marauder & or a DAR Gen 3, I have been searching and testing slug after slug after slug trying to find something these 2 in particular like, I’ve been through TONS and was about to call it & come to terms with these 2 being strictly pellet spitters! well yesterday I got a Tin of Rifle Slug Series, 18.21gr HPs & holy hell, I only have 45yds on my property at the farthest point I can stretch out, but these 2 groups are each 1 whole mag (10rds) one from the DAR and one from the Armada, (Both on factory out of the box tune) like a laser.. 1/2” maybe sub 1/2” I didn’t measure exactly, my battery is dead in my Mic.. @ 45yds.. I didn’t expect much from these because they are reasonable and not expensive slugs.. but boy oh boy, the search is over.. The Benjamin Armada/Marauder & the DAR (Dynamic Air Rifles) Gen 3 are 3 of my absolute favorite rifles & if this post helps anyone in saving yourself some time & money looking for a slug that works in these particular barrels, Awesome! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

View attachment 438779

View attachment 438780

View attachment 438781
Nice!!!

Reactions: Jake4578
Maybe I will try some in .25. But, really, what do slugs offer at 50 yards and under that pellets cannot equal or better?

Good info, worth a try. Thus far I have seen only scatter gun results from various mostly H$N slugs.
Im not sure that there is any benefit of slugs @ under 50yds this was just about me on a mission to find a slug that worked in those specific rifles..lol & thought I would share the results & in my opinion, chances are if it’s 1/2” or sub 1/2” @ 50yds when you stretch it out theres a likely chance the results will be good there also.. I’m no expert, I just love tinkering! Lol

Reactions: 3Crows
Those are very nice results. Thanks for sharing. Question thou are the groups better than your groups with pellets at that range? Also, are all 3 of the rifles tested fitted with choked barrels like my Marauder 22 LW barrel? Thanks in advance, I might try slugs now.
The barrels are whatever is factory.. They group just as well as pellets in short ranges.. I was just on a quest to find a slug that worked in these guns..

Reactions: PCPBarry
Those Rifle slugs are a little cheaper than an equivalent JSB pellet. Slugs would also have less wind drift, and better energy retention. The accuracy looks good in this instance.

What does a pellet do better?

Okay, in my rifles pellets are more accurate, shoot at a higher muzzle velocity for similar weight and at 50 yards still retain more energy.

Next time I place an order I will try some of the .25 Rifle Slugs.

Last edited: