Tuning Benjamin Bulldog shroud mount problems

Hi all, I was out shooting the bulldog today and noticed the barrel shroud had moved around 1/4 inch away from where it's supposed to sit, which is weird/alarming cause the barrel-shroud screw was in place.

I took out the barrel-shroud screw and pulled back the barrel shroud 3-4 inches to see what was going on. The set screw in the first hole had come loose. I moved everything back into place, and tightened the set screw. However, now the barrel-shroud mount screw will only go about half way back into the hole. Anyone have any advice? Is it just not seated correctly?

PXL_20220327_213755137.1648482450.jpg

@Crux100 since I couldn’t recall all of the details I went back through my PMs and my Bulldog thread with the issues. I believe this post is what helped me resolve this issue. It was on page 2. From what I recall the first hole in barrel mount should line up with a detent divot (slot) on top of the barrel in which the set screw rests in when tightened down. If this doesn’t work for you @bthurman was very helpful to me. You may want to reach out to him. 
A751EF25-482C-4514-B1B3-75EFA9CF4E46.1648485447.jpeg

Hopefully this helps you resolve your issue. 

Thanks I'll try that. In the meantime I spoke to crosman cause I just couldn't get the barrel-shroud screw to budge after going 1/3 way in. They're going to send a whole new mount block... which is great but maybe more than I can handle. If I have the shroud off, and that set screw out, will be barrel just be detached at that point?

No. There are larger set screws in the top of the receiver that secure the barrel to it (see red circle in photo below). To my understanding the set screw in question secures the shroud mount to the barrel so that the shroud stays put. 
8B45B09A-D8B3-43EF-8218-622560D27ED9.1648493183.jpeg

here’s a link to the schematic https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/benjamin-bulldog-357-exploded-diagram-schematics-part-numbers-and-parts-list/?referrer=1

Thanks I'll try that. In the meantime I spoke to crosman cause I just couldn't get the barrel-shroud screw to budge after going 1/3 way in. They're going to send a whole new mount block... which is great but maybe more than I can handle. If I have the shroud off, and that set screw out, will be barrel just be detached at that point?

No. There are larger set screws in the top of the receiver that secure the barrel to it (see red circle in photo below). To my understanding the set screw in question secures the shroud mount to the barrel so that the shroud stays put. 

Thanks, I guess I need to run out and get some higher quality allen wrenches.

@Crux100 Sounds like a good idea to save yourself some trouble in the future. The Bulldog is relatively easy to work on once you learn the basics of the gun. Crosman (Velocity Outdoors) has decent customer service and warranty service. In my experience it’s best to speak with them via phone to get a timely response and adequate answers.

Here's an update in case anyone else has a similar problem:

The screw that held the shroud mount block in place came loose, which is what caused the entire barrel shroud to move forward.

The issue with the barrel shroud screw not going back in more than 1/3 was possibly not a direct result of the moving shroud mount... I probably just cross threaded it when I attempted to reassemble.