benjamin - crossman trail np mk.2 pistol sighting problems

Hello all,
I recently (yesterday) bought a benjamin trail NP mk2 pistol hoping to get a glimpse of how 10m pistol target work functions (coming from a bow background),
sadly the thing constantly shoots low, no matter what I do to the setup of the rear sight. (all the way up, until the screw simply comes off). There is no way to bend the rear sight, either, to get some extra range. I have to place my target behind the huge front sight mark, definitely not what I want as I wanted to attempt some 6-oclock targeting.
It appears to shoot a bit higher when I shoot with the extension off (harder to cock), but still low.
Any advice? thank you all in advance.
should I get something else as a cheap alternative to an "olympic" pistol? this is not what I was hoping for.

thank you in advance,
all the best,
Aristides.

The Benjamin Trail pistols are a huge mistake in my opinion-I was given one by a disgusted owner. It shoots low and groups like a shotgun. After doing some research online it seems they suffer from poor barrel lockup. It would make an OK paperweight if it weren't so ugly.
The P17 is a solid choice, or a Daisy 717 if you can find one used as they're no longer produced. Holding steady with one hand is a challenge!

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I got a hatsan 25 sc pistol gifted to me when i was looking at bteak barrel stuff.

Its the older non QE , but that benji trail was one i was looking at as well. Glad the hatsan popped up . I enjoy it and to be honest exceeded my expectations of it . Ive posted group stuff on it here and gta . Anyway for a used gifted gun and hatsan im impressed.. its ashame hatsan dont offer it as mine anymore and now its the Qe type only it seems.

Seems its about a sub 150 pricing on the qe (119 at pa ) i guess thats still low risk to try one. Of you dont like , well xmas is comming and you could gift it away as well to somebody in need or somthing.

The Benjamin Trail pistols are a huge mistake in my opinion-I was given one by a disgusted owner. It shoots low and groups like a shotgun. After doing some research online it seems they suffer from poor barrel lockup. It would make an OK paperweight if it weren't so ugly.
The P17 is a solid choice, or a Daisy 717 if you can find one used as they're no longer produced. Holding steady with one hand is a challenge!
I had one back around 2016. Stupid large (not one hand shooting friendly), fugly as fug, and I could never get it to shoot well also.

Ya, kinda bulky. The 25 is more to a 2 hander hold as well. Thing i like most is i dont got to fool with or buy co2 , or and added pcp cost . Just cock, load, shoot , repeat all day long. Only over head cost is pellets. Thing is with any like that artemis or whatever you buy it and all and you my still be disappointed in someway anyway. You buy , you try, and hope it dont make you cry kinda thing

I guess this guy had low shooter isdues and posted some fixes.. but then if new id just rma it or trade it in for another brand / gun to try next.