Benjamin Marauder Regulated .22 Video Review by AEAC

"crusher75060"Still love my Marauder 25 since it was my first PCP. I was looking forward to this regulated version. Bit I have to say that under 800 fps is just going to be difficult for guys like me. I would want to tune it UP a little. The guys on the marauder forums can get really big power out of these albeit with fewer shots for sure. 
I appreciate the honest review Steve. And your video production is very nice. You get a lot of info on the screen so we can see what is happening. Well done.
Crusher
Thanks Crusher, just try to share with you guys what I would want shared with me. Steve

Steve, thanks for all your work on this review. I have been looking forward to a review of this rifle since I heard about it.
I have an M-rod gen-2 in .25 and was looking to see how this one is an improvement but I just do not see where this one is better. My current gun will shoot 2 magazines with very little change in velocity, about 10-12 fps. With an 8 round magazine it will make a very good nearly one hole group. I also consider it to be quite hand pump friendly. It takes about 20 strokes from the hand pump to be filled for another magazine. The regulator is an attractive feature but for me it does not add enough value.
Participant 

I bought a .22 Marauder last Cyber Monday and got it for $370 and have been really happy with it. I also got a pump for $135. I'm a small guy, 5'9 150lbs and find it pretty challenging from about 2600 psi. But I would rather have the pump than the having a secondary air tank. There's no place around me to have it filled. 

This is my first air gun and I'm used to a heavy trigger on my other rifles so I don't mind the two stage trigger as set from Crosman.

I'm glad to see the Crosman pellets perform so well at 50 yards. I don't have a scope yet so I keep my target between 10 and 20 yards. These pellets are super cheap which is one of two reasons why I wanted to start shooting air rifles. I got a a tin of 500 a month ago for $6. I'm used to paying a buck a round for my AR.

This gun is incredibly quite. I love it. The loudest thing about it is the sound of the pellet hitting the target, which is the second reason I started shooting air rifles. I can go out shoot a rabbit. Turn and walk 20 yards in the other direction and shoot another one.

A hundred rounds on one fill, WELL DONE!

I find the safety to be well placed and quite to engage and disengage.

The magazine, which is included, works well.

The bolt action is very smooth, though I feel the handle could be a bit longer.

Crosman customer service: A+ I purchased it from Amazon and the gun came to me broken. Personally I think Amazon and FedEx are at fault. I requested the gun to be packaged in a second box (because they were just going to ship it in the Crosman box and I didn't want it advertised what was inside) and the additional packing material was really insufficient. Also for the kind of break in the stock I suspect FedEx dropped something on top of it. But Beth at Crosman remedied the problem for me quickly and sent a replacement stock, which was easy to install.
c0f2873fde16285b642fca155e81c3e1.jpg

Cons:
I don't care for the finish of the beech stock or barrel. I take mine out regularly to hunt and find both scratch easily.
I don't like that it doesn't come with a degassing tool. I don't like have to dry fire the gun to empty it. 
I don't like that it doesn't come with the allen wrench to adjust the cheek rest. I've got some small allen wrenches but none as small as required.

Apparently this is a Shot Show Announcement -
OK, so Crosman is trying to reposition the Marauder in the low end market. They just brought out the long awaited, NON-CUSTOM SHOP, yes a regular purchase at Crosman, Marauder Field and Target in .177 and .22. It is the regulated Marauder. I think the 25% off coupon will work.

https://www.crosman.com/marauder-field-and-target-177-cal

Retails for $629 so with the discount the regulated version would be about $472.

Still listed as coming soon, and Pyramyd lists it as a Pre-Order.

So you don't actaully have to go through the custom shop to get the regulated version. Good news!

I wonder if they will sell a retro kit to upgrade older rifles?

I just emailed crosman again about the Field Target barrels

Once the Field Target Marauder rifles are available, parts will be for sale. Don't know if the barrel will interchange with a Gen 1 Marauder, but parts will be available.

both times I emailed them they got back to me very fast NICE.
You know my next question does anyone know if it will fit my
Gen1 Mrod?