Tuning Benjamin Marauder SAM PELLET JAMS

I purchased a Ben SAM a couple of months ago from a firearms dealer (not an experienced airgun dealer). It was supposed to be new but I have my doubts. I shoot Crosman 14.3g Domed & Hollow Point pellets. I rarely cycle through all 10 pellets without experiencing a jam or multiple jams on the same magazine (the pellet apron gets smashed). I have unsuccessfully tried the full range of hammer power settings. I use Benjamin SAM magazines. All 4 of them fail. When the rifle shoots it is very accurate. The rifle also holds air very well. It appears in all cases that the jam occurs during the automatic cycle, not on the first shoot. It fails on random pellets, not always the same pellet.

My problem is what to do next. In NJ pellet guns are considered firearms and are supposed to be shipped and received through FFL firearm dealers. Has anyone experienced this problem and have any suggestions? Can anyone identify someone that I can contact for assistance or suggestions?

UPDATE: I took a close look at the travel of the bolt and noticed that it did not appear consistent in its movement when dry firing. It was moving crazy fast also. I then did a breakdown and lubricated where necessary. Next I noticed that the barrel o-ring appeared to be damaged. This was the third one. I replaced it and lubed it. I then cleaned the barrel (first time) and did a dry fire test. I was amazed to see the bolt moved as expected. Next I tested with Crosman Ultra Magnum Domed pellets, 14.3g. I shot 100 pellets at around 850fps. My standard deviation over 40 pellets was 3.2. Beautiful. I suspect that I was experiencing multiple problems. I would recommend that anyone that purchases this rifle would first clean the barrel and start testing with the Crosman 14.3g pellets. It’s a beauty when it is shooting correctly.

I purchased a Ben SAM a couple of months ago from a firearms dealer (not an experienced airgun dealer). It was supposed to be new but I have my doubts. I shoot Crosman 14.3g Domed & Hollow Point pellets. I rarely cycle through all 10 pellets without experiencing a jam or multiple jams on the same magazine (the pellet apron gets smashed). I have unsuccessfully tried the full range of hammer power settings. I use Benjamin SAM magazines. All 4 of them fail. When the rifle shoots it is very accurate. The rifle also holds air very well. It appears in all cases that the jam occurs during the automatic cycle, not on the first shoot. It fails on random pellets, not always the same pellet.

My problem is what to do next. In NJ pellet guns are considered firearms and are supposed to be shipped and received through FFL firearm dealers. Has anyone experienced this problem and have any suggestions? Can anyone identify someone that I can contact for assistance or suggestions?

UPDATE: I took a close look at the travel of the bolt and noticed that it did not appear consistent in its movement when dry firing. It was moving crazy fast also. I then did a breakdown and lubricated where necessary. Next I noticed that the barrel o-ring appeared to be damaged. This was the third one. I replaced it and lubed it. I then cleaned the barrel (first time) and did a dry fire test. I was amazed to see the bolt moved as expected. Next I tested with Crosman Ultra Magnum Domed pellets, 14.3g. I shot 100 pellets at around 850fps. My standard deviation over 40 pellets was 3.2. Beautiful. I suspect that I was experiencing multiple problems. I would recommend that anyone that purchases this rifle would first clean the barrel and start testing with the Crosman 14.3g pellets. It’s a beauty when it is shooting correctly.

UPDATE: I took a close look at the travel of the bolt and noticed that it did not appear consistent in its movement when dry firing. It was moving crazy fast also. I then did a breakdown and lubricated where necessary. Next I noticed that the barrel o-ring appeared to be damaged. This was the third one. I replaced it and lubed it. I then cleaned the barrel (first time) and did a dry fire test. I was amazed to see the bolt moved as expected. Next I tested with Crosman Ultra Magnum Domed pellets, 14.3g. I shot 100 pellets at around 850fps. My standard deviation over 40 pellets was 3.2. Beautiful. I suspect that I was experiencing multiple problems. I would recommend that anyone that purchases this rifle would first clean the barrel and start testing with the Crosman 14.3g pellets. It’s a beauty when it is shooting correctly.
Newbie here, but I read a LOT of YT reviews.
You stated that the FIRST pellet was 'firing' but not later ones.
I may have a very simple solution for you: Make sure to press that button just above the cocking lever; even do it a few times. Steve Shally also had difficulties until he homed that first pellet in with the button. (I'm assuming you've cleaned the barrel first!) Let me know if this helps you out.