Benjamin Marauder semi-auto not loading right!

I am using a Benjamin Marauder semi-auto. I can affirm that it's NOT the bolt action one as there is no bolt on it, yet, I would rather be using the bolt action version honestly as so far my experience with the marauder has been that it has not been semi-auto. If anything it's been half-auto, you shoot once, you're forced to shoot a blank off, and then shoot an actual pellet again.

This is a bit of a mess right now I'm hoping you can all help with.

1. I've been having a weird experience with the gun. First of all, I thought I zeroed it really damn well at 25 yards yesterday. And this was at 1000-2000 psi. Pellets were going right on point and were only about half an inch away from each other before I had to put the gun down and do something else.

Today I came back to it. Shots are affirmatively an inch to an inch and a half higher than the target dot. I'm not the most familiar firearm/airgun user, but I know it makes no sense for the gun to suddenly be shooting a full inch higher one day.
This is the gun! https://www.benjaminairguns.com/marauder-semi-automatic

Did I just bump the elevation knob bringing the gun around and not know about it? is it just a one time problem? I won't know. But when fired, the gun is now somewhat consistent, but shoots a bit high. I'll find out if it has a new attitude tomorrow I guess.

Am I just new to zeroing a scope or is the gun weird? I don't know. Just thought I'd share it so you have the information.

2. If I make the gun point up and then down, up and down, I hear something sliding around in the barrel. It's probably not the lower tube. Imagine if a small ball bearing were loose. That's what it sounds like. So far it hasn't caused any issues but the fact that this is happening is not great. I haven't been able to shake it out of the front or back end of the barrel.

3. When I fire, the damn shots don't load up the next one!! I shoot once. Pull the trigger again? Nothing. I'll notice that the magazine has not even rotated to the next shot. This forces me to shoot off a blank and then charge the handle again, after which the magazine will now rotate. Or often times I need to pull out the whole magazine, put it back in, then pull the handle all the way.

Because of this, sometimes I worry that I've very likely double-loaded pellets. I still have been shooting along, but yeah that's not great. I have 10 rounds in a magazine, and I often get the feeling that once I walk up to the target there are not 10 bullet holes. Whether that's on me or the bullets are vaporizing into thin air, no. idea.

Please suggest what I should do... I'll be calling Benjamin come Monday of course.

Last edited:
Okay so this was cool.
I bought a 100% new mag and put in pellets.

First shot, I charged the handle properly, and the mag even rotated.
Pull trigger. Bang. Nothing came out.

Charged handle again. Shot properly.

A few shots later, on one of the shots, the pellet doesn't fire. Some air must have escaped because now my right ear is now ringing.

etc etc

This is a 100% new magazine so the feeding isn't the problem, but through this magazine I have had to just pull the magazine out repeatedly and the pellets have been chewed like dog toys by the hammer.

:)

The issues around the semi auto seem to revolve around the magazine and the bolt cycling in sync. That gun has a good warranty. Because there seems to be a couple of issues with it I would send it in to Crosman and let them sort it out or send you a new one. This will also help them evolve and work out any bugs in the new guns coming out.

I have ported and tuned on my Benjamin semi auto to get the peak power. I found that the system needs a balance between power, pellet weight, and the gun cycling. I keep my magazines lubed with silicone oil, as well as gun oil the probe/bolt and spring area to keep everything working correctly now that it's been modified.

As far as the point of impact change goes, the Marauder series have a floating barrel that doesn't like to have the end of the barrel resting against the wall between uses. It changes the point of impact. What I did was push an o-ring in between the barrel shroud and the support at the end of the air tube. The o-ring takes up the space there and makes the barrel rigid. A few wraps of electrical tape on the barrel shroud to take up the space would do the same. I don't rest any of my airguns against the wall because they all have some flexibility in their barrels.

As far as the point of impact change goes, the Marauder series have a floating barrel that doesn't like to have the end of the barrel resting against the wall between uses. It changes the point of impact. What I did was push an o-ring in between the barrel shroud and the support at the end of the air tube. The o-ring takes up the space there and makes the barrel rigid. A few wraps of electrical tape on the barrel shroud to take up the space would do the same. I don't rest any of my airguns against the wall because they all have some flexibility in their barrels.
Nice, thanks for all that information. That was actually helpful