Best $135 I ever spent!

Benjamin Maximus .22 . Straight out of the box! Mounted a scope yesterday, sighted it in at 25 yrds. Shot some groups today...wow!

30 and 35 yrds pictures...CP 3x9X40 FPS Shooting CP ultra dome magnum 14.5 and FX 18.1. Thanks Odoyle!

download.png
E9642AB5-40D8-4D43-9520-334B8680853B.1607204443.jpeg

download.png
4D879D94-75C0-459B-B200-63D9DABBD000.1607204443.jpeg

download.png
8B737D27-BFE6-4685-A4BD-56A2BDDFEABE.1607204443.jpeg

download.png
6170015D-0290-45A0-BC78-61959CC317E6.1607204443.jpeg

No you can’t beat that for that price. I paid much more than that for mine a few years ago. Mine is 17 caliber and it likes the H&N pellets The best so far. I wish I would’ve went with 22 caliber though. Do you yourself a favor and take that little plate Off the side of the trigger group and polish the contact points and put a little dab of grease on them. Makes the trigger much better. And Baker airgun sells the brass trigger for it also. That’s if you want to do a little bit of upgrading to it later on. 

DO NOT MOD THE TRIGGER! IT WILL VOID YOUR FIVE YEAR WARRANTY!

Either but another OEM trigger group assembly to modify the 3 trigger screw mod and spring etc you know the one just screw on the 2 receptacles behind and under and the spring.

OR!! $65 Crosman Challenger/Gen1 Marauder (Gen2 Marauder won't work) drop in true match grade trigger the $3500 Thomas Gen1 FT and BR guns use.

Don't tinker to void your 5 year warranty!

Post a WTB OEM factory Discovery/Maximus/Fortitude trigger group.

Actually add a WTB Gen1 Marauder and Challenger trigger group too. May get for $30-$40 maybe less since a new one $60-$65.

Have the $35-$40 Baker trigger in a Fortitude and it's not even close to the factory modded 3 screw OEM. LOOKS NICE though but not worth the $$$ spent when a little more gets the true match grade Hem1 Marauder/Challenger trigger.

Need to cut a gasket from a credit card for it otherwise ruin the sear.

Some places sell the trigger with gasket for a little more outside of Crosman. Whomever took over Lloyds disco double business for one and probably member NRN2015 But in Nelapudi NICK too.

Every time I go to the grocery store I spend at least that much. It’s hard to imagine that $135 will by anything like that. What’s a Red Ryder BB gun sell for these days? $35. For a $100 more. WOW

Expect nickel size groups at 65 yards once the Crosman Challenger /Gen1 Marauder $65 trigger with credit card/ gift card gasket is installed. Plink 2 inch spinners all day long at 90-100 yards.

Either but another OEM trigger group assembly to modify the 3 trigger screw mod and spring etc you know the one just screw on the 2 receptacles behind and under and the spring.

OR!! $65 Crosman Challenger/Gen1 Marauder (Gen2 Marauder won't work) drop in true match grade trigger the $3500 Thomas Gen1 FT and BR guns use.

Post a WTB OEM factory Discovery/Maximus/Fortitude trigger group

Post a WTB OEM factory Discovery/Maximus/Fortitude trigger group.

As long as he doesn’t replace the trigger itself. You can polish all the contact points and they would never even know. They’re not going to tear down the whole gun to see if you did anything to it. That’s something they should’ve done at the factory anyway. It’s just stamped steel with a very rough edge. With mine I replace the trigger and Kept the plastic trigger in case anything happened I could put the plastic trigger back in if I had to send it back.

He still needs an unaltered OEM trigger groupto be able to swap back in order to GOD FORBID! send it in for 5 year warranty.

I had confirmed with Crosman that ANY ALTERATION will void their 5 year warranty so it would be necessary to have an unaltered OEM trigger group to swap back to unaltered form.

Can a polished sear be unpolished? Or at least make it look like it was naturally worn in? If thats the case then Steve on NC over on the yellow makes Crosman super sears that can be swapped back.

Actually add a WTB Gen1 Marauder and Challenger trigger group too. May get for $30-$40 maybe less since a new one $60-$65.

Have the $35-$40 Baker trigger in a Fortitude and it's not even close to the factory modded 3 screw OEM. LOOKS NICE though but not worth the $$$ spent when a little more gets the true match grade Hem1 Marauder/Challenger trigger.

Need to cut a gasket from a credit card for it otherwise ruin the sear.

Some places sell the trigger with gasket for a little more outside of Crosman. Whomever took over Lloyds disco double business for one and probably member NRN2015 But in Nelapudi NICK too.

I don’t know if you have the generation one or two fortitude. But Baker airgun told me that the trigger will not work in a generation two.I bought the stainless steel one for my maximus but I really don’t care for it because it leans too Far forward and makes your finger slide up the trigger when you try to pull it. I was just suggesting the baker Trigger because it is shaped much better.

Well I’ve polished all my Crossman triggers and I am not gonna worry about it at all. I am very confident that if I send a gun back because it is leaking air maybe they’re not going to tear down the whole complete gun to see if I did any work to the trigger. Like polishing the contact points. You can believe what you want to and I’m not trying to argue with you but I know people that have sent their guns back to Crossman that they did minor alterations that weren’t visible unless you took the gun completely apart and inspected every little part. Crossman is easy to work with. Sometimes they will offer you the part you need, sometimes they will send you a Brand new gun. They don’t have time to completely disassemble a gun and see if you polished the trigger when you sent it in for some other issue. And I don’t like to give people bad information So I’ll just make suggestions and they can take it however they want. Back when I bought mine I would’ve put the marauder trigger group in it if I knew I could have back then. But sometimes you have to be realistic and say are they going to put this thing under a microscope and check it out for some thing that I didn’t even send it in for ?

I never try to encourage doing anything that could knowingly do something irreversible to void someone else's warranty and the spare OEM trigger group is the warranty's own insurance that can be put back to its unaltered state. 

I had a phone conversation trying to justify how I was right since the trigger alteration had nothing to do with the leak and it's ultimately my fault.

They wouldn't warranty a Leaking Fortitude because of the trigger screw mod totally unrelated to the leak.

I don't tell people to waste their money for nothing.

They wouldn't warranty a Leaking Fortitude because of the trigger screw mod totally unrelated to the leak.

That’s one thing I never did do To any of my Crossman triggers Although there was a hole already drilled in there to put a screw in if you wanted to in most of them. It’s just that my maximus had a horrible trigger on it and was very gritty. I wasn’t going to keep shooting it like that. I’m sure all the guns are going to be slightly different in how the trigger pull is but that is one of the things with the lower end Crossman airguns is that their triggers pretty much suck. But luckily I have old vintage Crossmans and newer ones and never had to personally send any of mine back for anything. And that’s why I keep buying them because they are very low priced and have been very dependable for me .And I don’t like seeing people mess their warranty up either. But if he don’t like his trigger then maybe he should buy the marauder trigger which like I said I would have done myself but didn’t know at the time that it was doable.

Man I gotta tell you the currently available Crosman Challenger trigger group (same as the discontinued Gen1 Marauder trigger) is the most heavenly trigger well you know how a Marauder trigger feels like when you remove the lawyer spring. Groups shrink down to like half the size.

If you ever know of a good upgrade like that for the fortitude generation 2 Please let me know. Although the trigger isn’t too bad on it I would like to find a whole new trigger group that would work.I don’t wanna go that route with my maximus because I’m thinking about selling it in the near future. I just don’t use it much anymore.