Best ballistic app

I use both Chairgun Elite and Element Ballistics. If you want just basic data, the Element is probably the easiest to use because it doesn’t require a bunch of data points you probably won’t want to input and at the end of the day, if used correctly the end results will be the same.
Chairgun has a bazillion reticles if you are a reticle nerd. In the Element app, I use a reticle very similar to the one in my Athlon scope.
The absolute most important data point you will need regardless of which app you use is the TRUE ballistic coefficient and this can only be determined with your gun and ammo and a free standing (non FX pocket) chrony.
The ballistic coefficient or BC is one of the most overlooked and poorly acquired data point when folks use a ballistic app. The BC for lack of a better term, is an efficiency value determined by not only the gun, but the ammo you are using, the speed at which you are shooting and even the twist rate of the barrel. You can get close (but not very) by researching the ammo on line. It just depends on how accurate you want to be.

I use both Chairgun Elite and Element Ballistics. If you want just basic data, the Element is probably the easiest to use because it doesn’t require a bunch of data points you probably won’t want to input and at the end of the day, if used correctly the end results will be the same.
Chairgun has a bazillion reticles if you are a reticle nerd. In the Element app, I use a reticle very similar to the one in my Athlon scope.
The absolute most important data point you will need regardless of which app you use is the TRUE ballistic coefficient and this can only be determined with your gun and ammo and a free standing (non FX pocket) chrony.
The ballistic coefficient or BC is one of the most overlooked and poorly acquired data point when folks use a ballistic app. The BC for lack of a better term, is an efficiency value determined by not only the gun, but the ammo you are using, the speed at which you are shooting and even the twist rate of the barrel. You can get close (but not very) by researching the ammo on line. It just depends on how accurate you want to be.

Big truths! Very glad you brought this up, as it is as you said, so often overlooked.

-Matt

Reactions: Poke-E
You can put what ever projectile. The more info about the projectile you insert (angle, BC, FPS, gr, etc., the more accurate it will be.
IMG_0737.png

I use the Shooter app. I have used it for years for firearm long range shooting and it seems to work fine for my pcp guns as well.
+ 1
To me, this is the simplest... maybe because it was the first real ballistic app I tried...
It only has G1 and G7 drag models but the error I've seen is quite small with G1 compared to the GA and GA2 till I'm pretty far out there.
I have Chairgun on the computer and MERO and Strelok on the tablet and phone but Shooter is my go to...
I'm surprised that more don't use it.
Bob

I just downloaded Mero.
And although I have not played with it a great deal yet, I am beginning to like it alot.
Plenty of reticles.
Plus, a larger Pellet file than ChairGun Pro..
The only thing I am missing over ChairGun is the ability to run multiple profiles on a single graph.
Maybe I have just not found out how to do so yet.

The only downside so far is convincing Window it isn't corrupted
I went with V2.3.5 not 2.3.6

Hope this helps
Edward