Best crossman to modify

I always wanted to do a cheap 22xx, but it's to the point now I have too many pcp pistols, lol. I originally wanted to do a .25 22xx, but the pp800 I have in .25 turned out to be so ridiculously accurate, and cheap, and does 48fpe with short barrel. So, just seems kind of pointless now.
I don't know how some guns make the power they do then another rifle or pistol will barely respond to mods and the designs will be similar. My 24" barreled 22 disco I had modded to 60 fpe for 8 shots, but I can't get my Kral, with a bigger valve, tube, and higher pressure, anywhere above 40 fpe in 22. My 16" barreled 25 with 300 bar bottle will do 55 fpe. Then a similar FX style can crank out 80 fpe. Crazy.

Might have to do with airflow to the valve.... something might be restricting it somehwere or ports may not be aligned well. I use a cothran valve on the .25 with somewhere under 50cc air capacity in the whole gun, does 65fpe in 15" with pellets. Might be more with slugs, I don't know yet.

FX guns use semi-balanced valves, so they get a lot more lift than a normal valve would for a given opening force.