best materials to clean you barrel

still being green to this sport id rather ask than make mistakes
so my questions are
how often do you clean the barrel
do they use a brush like 22s or a soft swab I'm thinking a brush would ruin an air gun barrel but i could be wrong that's why i ask

which cleaning solution? something with silicone base?

use patches like a 22 push through until they come out clean i would suspect

when not in use do you lube the barrel slightly or no

don't mean to be a pain in the arse
id rather measure 2wice and cut once
thanks

so my questions are
do they use a brush like 22s or a soft swab I'm thinking a brush would ruin an air gun barrel but i could be wrong that's why i ask

thanks
They make a 40 dollar ballistal kit so you dont destroy the barrel check it online amazon might have dont put any metal trew barrel

so my questions are

thanks
Patchworm kit and a small bottle of ballistol os all you need.

so my questions are

thanks
If you're gun has o rings in the breech you fan ensure to grease them with silicone grease every 1-2 tins worth (500ct) just as a precaution.

Other than that unless you're gonna shoot slugs or are shooting dirty ammo there's no need to really clean the barrel much.

I use fishing line with cleaning patches, push line through barrel from muzzle to breach with cleaning rod, tie ballistol soaked patch with fishing line, remove rod, pull patch through from breach to muzzle, repeat with soaked patch if really dirty, otherwise move over to dry cleaning patches for a couple pulls.

Been using the same fishing line for years now. Although I rarely clean my barrels. +1 to lubing the breach o-ring if its present, if not the o-ring on the barrel probe.

-Matt

I agree with JackSpace. Ballistol and Patchworm kit. Ballistol leaves a protective layer to avoid rust in your barrel. I've used weed whacker line and it works too. I also have a different pull through and it generally works. But Patchwork works best in my opinion and it's cheap.

I have powder burners too and the cleaning process is much different. I've used Kroil and sweets and many other materials. But airguns are simple. You are only trying to initially get preservatives for shipment out and later just remove lead dust. It doesn't take much. I used to blame my poor shooting on a dirty barrel but it's amazing that now that I can shoot a little better my barrels do not need cleaned nearly so often. It doesn't hurt to pull patches through a barrel, however, whether it needs it or not. The patchworm kit I bought even had a few patches with ballistol already on them. You could do a cleaning or two with nothing else.

What others have said, I use 40/50 lb mono line with several, (4 to 7), patches tied in with an overhand knot which makes it easy to change/add patches as necessary. Ballistol is your friend. I use old T-shirts cut up for patches. The mono line is stiff enough that you can push it through the bore. Remember to remove the moderator/silencer, if equipped when cleaning. A couple of pulls & you are done. Easy peasy.

1726711010014.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 88turbocoupe

This is another item I use for a cleaning the barrels. It's made and sold by BALLISTOL not HOPPES. It's almost like the snake rope for powder burners, but there is no metal bristles on this.There are rubber balls inside of the cord and it does a fantastic job at cleaning whether it's dry or with a few drops of ballistol.

Also no patches needed.

Last edited:

This is another item I use for a cleaning the barrels. It's made and sold by BALLISTOL not HOPPES. It's almost like the snake rope for powder burners, but there is no metal bristles on this.There are rubber balls inside of the cord and it does a fantastic job at cleaning whether it's dry or with a few drops of ballistol.

Also no patches needed.

Clever product, but, cleaning patches you can just throw away when dirty, how do you go about cleaning that rope without exposing yourself to a ton of tiny lead particles?

-Matt

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Clever product, but, cleaning patches you can just throw away when dirty, how do you go about cleaning that rope without exposing yourself to a ton of tiny lead particles?

-Matt
The first two and a half feet of this is just a paracord which falls loosely inside of the barrel.

You can grab it with a set of gloves and pull through although they barely make enough contact to really get lead on it.

The main points of contact will be the 3 balls spaced out about 7-8" apart and the last inch of it.

Whenever you're done with it you can wash it with lead soap. It also comes in a carry case to store it in.

20240919_072531.jpg

17267451930921359683344998522537.jpg

17267452155511213184958442463737.jpg

Reactions: Stubbers