Best moderator Maverick 700 barrel?

• Thread starter Deleted member 36685
  • Start date
I have the Koi on mine. I went with the Koi because of how narrow it is although it is longer
image.1631208881.jpg

Reactions: jt-outta-cali
I would say Donnyfl, sto or huma. I have one older sto levitas, it really does a good job on my streamline 22cal and is very light. I’ve got a mod40 on a L2 and I’ve tried a few others on it and I prefer the mod 40. The Tanto and donnyfx did decent on the L2 but are much smaller then the mod40. I might get one of the larger sto to try next. 

We use the Tanto because we also like the look of a narrow moderator. It’s surprisingly quiet for having so little volume compared to the larger versions and our Maverick is a .25. I also use a Tanto on my 80+ FPE Impact, again, it’s surprisingly quiet! It really depends if you like the look of a narrow, fat, long or short moderator but the Koi, Tanto, Tatsu or Sumo will all do a great job. You won’t find better customer service or finer people than Donny and Yolanda either!
Have a great weekend.

Stoti

The two pictures are the Tanto on a 700mm Maverick barrel with the shroud being used and another Tanto but on my Impact. It has an angled adapter and my Impact doesn’t have a shroud, just a carbon fiber liner.

6F1CD0AB-3DEB-423F-A848-B5F79120CE08.1631212533.jpeg

9DCD7ED1-419F-445F-BB29-4ECE5451A2E2.1631212792.jpeg

I've been majorly impressed with how the high flow STO Falx performs on my Maverick, even at very high power levels. I honestly think it would be very hard to beat for the size and weight. If you want to go next level, the STO Sarissa high flow is amazingly quiet on my Maverick. It's back yard friendly at 130 fpe! That is, assuming you have a quiet target trap. I also love the Huma MOD 40 moderators for their flexibility. I have a shiny new Donnyfl Ronin that I will be testing in a few days, but I don't know how it performs yet. I only know of one person with a Impact that tested the Falx against the Ronin, and he said he preferred the tone of the Falx and they were pretty close in sound reduction with a slight edge to the Falx. That only means so much though, because the moderators work differently, depending on power level. The Ronin could be better at a different power level.

I've been majorly impressed with how the high flow STO Falx performs on my Maverick, even at very high power levels. I honestly think it would be very hard to beat for the size and weight. If you want to go next level, the STO Sarissa high flow is amazingly quiet on my Maverick. It's back yard friendly at 130 fpe! That is, assuming you have a quiet target trap. I also love the Huma MOD 40 moderators for their flexibility. I have a shiny new Donnyfl Ronin that I will be testing in a few days, but I don't know how it performs yet. I only know of one person with a Impact that tested the Falx against the Ronin, and he said he preferred the tone of the Falx and they were pretty close in sound reduction with a slight edge to the Falx. That only means so much though, because the moderators work differently, depending on power level. The Ronin could be better at a different power level.

I talk to the guys at Utah Airgun where I got the Sumo and they feel the Sumo is enough but not on my darn Ataman AP16 pistol, at 91dB, with what your claiming I ordered both the Falx and Sarissa in 1/2 UNF for the Maverick

Thanks

20210424_150740.1619302501.1631245674.jpg

IMG_0065.1618688318.1631245697.jpg

I hope I didn't point you down the wrong path man! They work wonderfully for me, but again, they can work differently on different guns with different tunes. In other words, it ain't my fault if you don't like them, lol! I have been majorly impressed with them on my guns, fwiw. If they don't work, you shouldn't have any problems selling them. We all know the Donnyfl stuff is rock solid and a good choice almost always, so I can't take anything from his stuff. It's built like a tank and many people love them. I look forward to hearing your results!

I hope I didn't point you down the wrong path man! They work wonderfully for me, but again, they can work differently on different guns with different tunes. In other words, it ain't my fault if you don't like them, lol! I have been majorly impressed with them on my guns, fwiw. If they don't work, you shouldn't have any problems selling them. We all know the Donnyfl stuff is rock solid and a good choice almost always, so I can't take anything from his stuff. It's built like a tank and many people love them. I look forward to hearing your results!

There all returnable, going to pick the best one, get my money back for the other 2

Thanks

I have been very happy with the performance of the standard FX DFL that is available for the Maverick .22 . Lite, quiet and accurate. Works.

Patrick

This ^^^^ the Maverick is not a loud gun the DFL that comes with it it's what I use. I don't know anything about running a 130fpe on it, at those power levels you might need to upgrade but out of the box, very well put together package