Best optics

price friendly is sort of subjective. for some folks, less than $1000 is price friendly, and it's $200 for others.
imho, folks tend to recommend what they have, and that can sometimes skew things.
for an objective answer, i would call doug at cameralandny.com and tell him how much you can spend and what kind of shooting.
you can get a few options to think about and that may give you other things to consider (like what kind of reticle you want),
they might also have sales or prices they can't advertise online.

I tend to go for cheaper scopes, especially on an airgun that won't see use past 50 yards.

I've had Sniper, CVLIFE, Simmons, optima, pinty, etc. Sniper are good glass for the price, but you can get some athlon scopes for similar price and I would go with that.

I have 2 neos, one is 4-12x40 the other is 6-18x44. Both are simple side focus non illuminated center X reticle. Very good scopes. BSA Sweet 22 is another good cheap option.

I've also had a couple hawke scopes and AIM scopes. Those IMO, were overpriced and I sold them off. I swear the hawke vantage SF I had, had the turrets backwards from a typical scope. I would dial up for distance and it would drop POI. Same change with L-R turret. Lefty tighty? Lol

Those optima 3-9x40 AO scopes are lightweight and clear for the price point. The Simmons 6-18x44 I had was clear, but heavy for it's size.

I still have a Sniper 3-9x32 AO I've had since 2010 or so, and it's never going anywhere. Good glass, smooth AO and mag adjustment, positive clicks. Those older snipers where much better than what they have now.

Oh. I've had some westhunters and discovery scopes also. Good glass, but I didn't like the FFP drop reticle the WH had, and the X hairs were etched on the Disco scope and my eyes don't like thin rets.

I have a marcool 2-12x44 I just started using with a NV clip on unit so I can't report on that other than it's clear and mag seems accurate through it's range. The mag adjustment is stiff though.

Ok, that's all I good right now lol.

Seven of my ten PCPs wear Vector Veyron scopes, six 6-24x44, one 3-12x44. Marcool, Sniper and Hawke cover the rest. Bushnell, WestHunter, Aim and some Amazon cheapies sit on the shelf. Vector Veyrons are light, super-subcompact, smooth functioning with clear, bright glass. Sight picture and price point (under $250 US) won me over, the transformation of my PCPs, after losing the long, heavy scopes, was icing on the cake. Use 24 power for 50 yd. target work, 8-10 power for hunting/pesting. Had to use cantilever scope rings (pictured) on some since short scope can cause limited eye relief. WM
IMG_20221127_211212 (1).jpg

Pyramid Air has a Mantis 3-9x32 for a reasonable price. I am putting a Centerpoint 4x32 on a 3622 today, looks like a perfect match. There are decent scopes out there for under $100.

I mounted the 4x32 Centerpoint this morning. First strike was no mil dots in the reticle. Second strike was the lack of magnification. Third strike was the fuzziness of the reticle, it looked hand painted. Oh well, back PA it goes! I am still eyeballing the Mantis if only to check out the quality. On the wish list.

Was going to order the Hawke 2-7x32 Vantage but my friend gave me a Weaver 2-7x32, going to try that one. I have always had good luck with Hawkes, any issue whatsoever is honored under a lifetime warranty. But a free scope is hard to beat!

Last edited:
I've been temped to try different brands but always stick to Leupold or Vortex scopes.....10X is all the magnification needed for pellet rifles. I shake my head when I see "telescopes" mounted on 50 to100yrd rifles. Then again, I'm blessed with extremely good eyes?

I've never had to return a scope for warranty work, ever!
8-32x56mm just to shoot a target 30 yards away!