Best scope for a pcp

I have a Texan 357 I recently acquired and don't know much about them. I mean I know how they work and honestly I don't see the reason for an expensive LER scope. There's no reason a more economical scope can't be used,there's no recoil to mine anyway. For lack of another choice I once put a Tasco on a 458 Lott and it held zero just fine. So I know Tasco will work on a no recoil airgun. Not saying Tasco is all that good of a scope,but it took jarring of a 500 grain bullet at 2300fps no problem. Does anybody have any other suggestions for a scope? I don't want to put a Leopould or a Swarovski on my texan,Texan, something in the bud

Recoil is not a factor, so your choices are unlimited. I find the scopes in the Sightron and Vortex lines offer good value. They aren't cheap, but they are far from the most expensive. I don't know your specific needs, but I find the parallax adjustment distance to be a limiting factor, as I shoot some at close ranges. If I were to offer a single recommendation, it is the Sightron S-TAC 4-20X; good glass, close focusing, good turrets. Contrary to common thinking, the military and police tactical needs often include very close range shooting, and many "tactical" scopes offer this advantage. The one mile sniper kills make the news, but it's often the 50 foot shot that saves lives. 

im thinking of putting this westhunter 4-16 ffp in bronze on my stormrider .. it deserves more than the cheapo one thats on it and those west hunters are awesome with a nice reticle .. 120, with all the parts laying there, on ebay and worth it .. id be happy with one on most guns i have including powder ..

IMG_20220320_172617.1647811950.jpg

I have a SWFA SS 10x42 Rear Focus on my 357 Texan and it seems to be just about right. If you want some good ideas you can watch Cyclops Joe Rhea vids. He has always said the SS line of scopes is the best value in the market and I agree with him. These scopes are tanks with awesome turrets and very good glass if you stick with the 6,10 or 12X. The 16X and 20X in the line starts to get a washed out image.

If you are only shooting larger animals under 100 yards than you are not going to need a target scope with high magnification but you could use a mil reticle and adjustable parallax. A Hawke 2-7x mil-dot A.O. is a safe bet if you don't want to spend big bucks. If you already have nice scopes, sitting on mostly unused hunting rifles, re-purpose those. If you buy decent mounts you can move scopes around easily these days. I put picatinny rails on everything and use a laser to match my zero before removing a scope and then adjusting to the Dot after I put another scope on and it works slick.

Hey there, texan365. So I'd like to start by saying, congratulations on your new 357 airgun. Now to answer your question , with another question. Are you a turret twister or holdover kind of guy. If you answered hold-over then I'd recommend a primaryarms with the Athena bpr or rgrid reticle. When I miss a shot because I suck at reading wind direction,I can use the grid to spot where I hit & land one on the next shot. Also helps in jotting down poi in your dope book for various wind angles & speeds.
20180211_105652.1648076858.png