N/A Big power from $1,000 and under guns?

AEA challenger pro fit that price range and certainly pack a punch. I did notice on the newest versions of the bigger caliber long barrels they finally woke up and put a hammer spring adjustment on them. If they actually start putting that on the newer made standard ones they might be worth looking at. The challenger pro seems to get pretty good reviews for reliability.

Chief Ten Beers made a good recommendation regarding AEA. For 700-800 bucks you'll get what you're looking for. Those things are "hella" powerful and quite accurate. The biggest issue with those guns would be reliability.
Alternatively, you could check out Airguns of Arizona. They have a varying selection of used guns. The selection changes quickly so you'll have to be vigilant. You may be able to pick up something really sweet far short of the retail price new.
I just recently got a Daystate Redwolf HP .25 competition tuned by them. I had them add a 20 MOA pic rail and a 580cc CF bottle and still paid FAR less than new. Couldn't be happier! I lucked out and ordered it the same morning it was posted on their site.
Hope this helps!

55-65 FPE is not asking much, pushing well over that generally is for the calibers you speak of, you would be mostly limited to Air force as previously mentioned by other posters.

Unregulated will make that power far easier than regulated, likewise barrel lengths of 23.5" or great will as well. However you won't have great shot count or a sub 1% extreme spread.

Kral and Evanix comes to mind being unregulated offerings that could push the envelope you're asking of at that price point.

-Matt

Benjamin Bulldog comes to mind. Easy 3k fill.

I had an AEA Challenger Pro and it was very accurate and powerful and had a pretty decent trigger for an AEA gun. They are pretty good off a bench but pretty heavy to carry around all day. Most of the other AEA guns have ok triggers at best. If a good trigger is important to you I would look elsewhere. A used Brocock magnum may fit your needs and can be had for under $1000.

I agree, an Avenger in 25 should be able to get to 55 fpe. I have one but I've never tried tuning it up to maximum power. I have the early original version and it doesn't store a lot of air. Mine is tuned to shoot 25.4s at around 900 fps. I think that's mid 40s. But the reg is only at about 2100.

A SPA M60B would be a better option IMHO. You can get them in 30 and 357 caliber but even the 25 could get to your power range. Airgun Archery Fun sells them with carbon fiber bottles for well under $1000. The 30 and 357 caliber will go over your fpe range. Krale has them with aluminum bottles. Umarex Zellos is almost the same gun with a cylinder instead of a bottle. Airgun Archery Fun sells a conversion kit to put on a bottle.

An Umarex Gauntlet in 30 caliber (possibly also 25) would be another inexpensive option with this sort of power.

I am pretty sure a SPA P35X in 25 would get to at least 55 fpe.

Reactions: Cody01
I agree, an Avenger in 25 should be able to get to 55 fpe. I have one but I've never tried tuning it up to maximum power. I have the early original version and it doesn't store a lot of air. Mine is tuned to shoot 25.4s at around 900 fps. I think that's mid 40s. But the reg is only at about 2100.

A SPA M60B would be a better option IMHO. You can get them in 30 and 357 caliber but even the 25 could get to your power range. Airgun Archery Fun sells them with carbon fiber bottles for well under $1000. The 30 and 357 caliber will go over your fpe range. Krale has them with aluminum bottles. Umarex Zellos is almost the same gun with a cylinder instead of a bottle. Airgun Archery Fun sells a conversion kit to put on a bottle.

An Umarex Gauntlet in 30 caliber (possibly also 25) would be another inexpensive option with this sort of power.

I wish i had some reason to get another airgun - that p35x sounds nice

From what I read the P35X only appears to get 800 FPS in .25 cal?

A dinosaur by today's standards but cheap, the Hatsan BT65!

Lean on the hammer spring, if you need more remove the valve spring and retainer completely, it'll perform. Not efficiently though. Like that it'll ping harder than anything else you've heard too. Lots of massaging might be needed... Makes actual 37fpe in .177 w/15g nsa's without mods, only adjustments. Not sure what that translates to in larger calibers.

Hello, can anyone think of .22 and .25 cal rifles that hit extra hard in the $1,000 and under range. Not interested in FX. I know Ghost has HP models but not looking for that kind of spending. Looking for 55-85 fpe would be great.

Are you going to shoot slugs or pellets? If slugs there may be difficulties in finding a gun under $1000 that will shoot slugs and pellets accurately. A pellet rifle usually has a choked barrel and often different twist rate from a slug barrel. Pellets run into the wall around 900 fps. Maybe a little more and often less. They become unstable. A 34 grain .25 caliber pellet at a muzzle velocity of 940 fps has an energy of 67 fpe. To get 85 fpe you are going to need a heavier pellet and 34 grains is the heaviest commonly available .25 caliber that is of good quality or you will need to shoot slugs that are heavier or drive them faster.

I hear tell the Gauntlet can shoot slugs and pellets. I had three and never was thrilled. Much too big, much too heavy, China cXXp quality, shoe polish paint, scratches covered my Magic Marker, leaks, loose bolt handles. The third one I got did not leak and was accurate with pellets. And it shot strong. Like carrying a bazooka around, much too large for hunting.

And then there is the Marauder, USA built, known to actually hold air, comes with a test target, no Magic Marker paint, simple, easy to service, accurate and relatively powerful at about 44 fpe out of the box. With some simple tuning can get to the low to mid 50s fpe. Then beyond that it begins to get expensive and challenging and some after market parts can be hard to find. So then for me, the Gauntlet and Avenger (that would not hold POI for 30 seconds) went away and I have four M-Rods, all are modded, some very much so and two of them easily reach 70 fpe but are happier down sub 60 fpe for both shot counts and accuracy.

If you want 80+ fpe then really .30 caliber and for an accurate and functional rifle you may need to just save up some more $ and get the BRK Ghost or something like that. Just me but I am not smitten with the China junk and the Turkish stuff.