N/A Big power from $1,000 and under guns?

I like my .25 AEA Challenger. I just put a Huma reg in it and havent shot it much since. I havent had time to measure the output with the Huma, but the accuracy was shocking. The gun is so simple and seems really well built. I think most of the bad press comes from the semi-autos, which i have never shot. The challenger also seem to shoot many different slugs well, which is great at this power level.

grass.jpg

I've heard that but I don't think I can learn to like the look of those.

I was pretty skeptical of the platform for years. Finally bought one a few months ago and have been pleasantly surprised in all the ways that matter.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if your main goals are power and <$1000, the Air Force series is your huckleberry. Especially considering you're probably at least slightly interested in accuracy. AF guns come with Lothar barrels, which have long been the metric for airguns. My barrel required some polishing but it's capable of busting prairie dogs out to nearly 200 yards now.

I've got some aesthetically ugly airguns, but they keep a spot in my rotation because they're beautiful when it comes to how they shoot. Beautiful in performance.

In warm weather my P35 shoots JSB 33.95 grain pellets 800 fps. It has an aftermarket plenum at least twice as big as the stock one but half the size of the P35X (P35X is 65cc). In addition, my barrel is 450mm and the P35X is over 530mm. SPA always under rates their guns. P35 is only rated at 46 Joule in 25 caliber, about 34 fpe. A stock gun will do 40. I would be very surprised if the P35X cannot reach 850 fps with the same pellets which would be 55 fpe.

With regard to the UX Gauntlet; I would suggest NOT looking at those. Their customer service is horrible and unfriendly. Instead of offering to sell parts they want you to send the gun back to them for orings and such. Also, they will try to get you to pay for their warranty repairs and or shipping. The G2 .25 I had lost accuracy and the bolt locked up after 2 weeks. Sent it back and after a month they told me that they were sending me a brand new gun. At 3 months they sent me a cobbled together USED gun and swore it was brand new. (The serial number was a lot older than mine and looked beat up, leaked as well) I asked WHY the ordeal was so lengthy and the response was "So many of these are coming back for repair". I informed them that I wanted a refund and after much deliberation they said they'd send me a check (they harshly hung up on me).
After the refund, I ordered a JTS Airacuda Max .22 from AoA for $419 and it was a better gun BY FAR.....
Not everyone has had the same experience but I feel this is something everyone should hear.

With regard to the UX Gauntlet; I would suggest NOT looking at those. Their customer service is horrible and unfriendly. Instead of offering to sell parts they want you to send the gun back to them for orings and such. Also, they will try to get you to pay for their warranty repairs and or shipping. The G2 .25 I had lost accuracy and the bolt locked up after 2 weeks. Sent it back and after a month they told me that they were sending me a brand new gun. At 3 months they sent me a cobbled together USED gun and swore it was brand new. (The serial number was a lot older than mine and looked beat up, leaked as well) I asked WHY the ordeal was so lengthy and the response was "So many of these are coming back for repair". I informed them that I wanted a refund and after much deliberation they said they'd send me a check (they harshly hung up on me).
After the refund, I ordered a JTS Airacuda Max .22 from AoA for $419 and it was a better gun BY FAR.....
Not everyone has had the same experience but I feel this is something everyone should hear.
The thing is the Airacuda doesn't cut it in terms of power he is looking for. He could also get a gauntlet 2 from Hajimoto

Reactions: Rizz01
I don't know that this always happens but I did a little work (scope mounting, pellet testing, minor tuning) to a Stoeger Bullshark. The member who owned it said it was new. He damaged the baffle stack and went to the dealer he bought it from and he gave him a new one. It is hard to get parts from SPA but still that is pretty nice customer service. This new bullshark happened to like the same pellets my P35-22 prefers (H&N Baracuda Match) and shot them about 25 fps faster (490 versus 450mm barrel). The last five shots I took with it during sight in were 10s on a 30 yard challenge target. I was using his 12X scope. I was pretty happy with that.

Reactions: Cody01
I don't know that this always happens but I did a little work (scope mounting, pellet testing, minor tuning) to a Stoeger Bullshark. The member who owned it said it was new. He damaged the baffle stack and went to the dealer he bought it from and he gave him a new one. It is hard to get parts from SPA but still that is pretty nice customer service. This new bullshark happened to like the same pellets my P35-22 prefers (H&N Baracuda Match) and shot them about 25 fps faster (490 versus 450mm barrel). The last five shots I took with it during sight in were 10s on a 30 yard challenge target. I was using his 12X scope. I was pretty happy with that.
I actually have somw Stoeger stuff I about to leave a review on.

25.jpg

Depends on if out of the box or with porting added?
If porting, this thing in 25 incl a 2mm stem poppet and so on will hand inxs of 100fpe without even breaking a sweat, and yes somewhere around the 1000 mark me believes.

The Reximex Meta Premium.
Sports a 90cc plenum and a 700mm barrel right out of the hole.
Limited by Rex moronic to short mags, making 42´s the limit for untouched dittos.
Put the mag lids on the lathe though and shave 1.5mm and you´re in 46 grain country, for even more power.

Reactions: Cody01