• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Big Rat in the Patio

Instead of a servo you should try using a solenoid to pull the trigger. They are noisier but much faster. By the time the rat hears the noise it will be too late.

I would but that means having a 12v battery and a solenoid not to mention a relay and a switch along with additional wiring, yes the solenoid would be faster but I don't have the money to buy all the parts, I've got gobbs of servos so I might be able to find a faster servo and quieter one, I have some Digital high speed ones I could use, and they are metal geared so they are very quiet compared to the plastic geared, much finer teeth on the gears...... 

here's a video of the Rat, look how Skittish he is, he has learned that this is a trap and he will die, but Hunger is over coming fear, he never got into the killzone so tonight the killzone is coming to him, I'm going to aim about 2 inches to the right of the screw on the left side of the backstop, it seems that is his safe zone or so he thinks....

https://youtu.be/-3NoUjXmEc0

This Rat has a Guardian Angel or something, as you can guess, I missed again....? I waited till the Rat was in the perfect spot in the Killzone , I took the shot and missed, it went under the Rat, ????? I'm going WTH, Again? I went out to check the Backstop and I couldn't see where it hit, then I went back to the video and after a few playbacks I could see the pellet hit low to the right on the bottom of the backstop and into the floor, I checked the aim on the gun and now it is low and to the right from where I originally set it and I double checked it with test shots and rechecking the scope, ?????? here's a video of the missed shot and a picture of the backstop with the 2 test shots and the missed shot. note the shot in the middle of the target is the 2nd test shot. you can see how far off the missed shot is........ ???????

https://youtu.be/xcsLPZsnNgY

test shots and miss

1569173848_11721212095d87b158a867e9.69261916_test shot and miss patio rat 9 22 19.jpg

just an update..... He has not returned for the past couple of nights, I don't blame him, after that close miss he probably had a Heart attack and died somewhere..... I doubt it though, he's probably in the neighbors Patio munching on Potatoes....... well, if he comes back I'm ready to try again, keep watching, same Rat time, same Rat channel.....😁