AEA Bintac T9

Will it cycle at 4500 now? Mine fires one LOUD pellet, cycles, then the 2nd is quieter (I suspect because the bolt is not opening) & then i have to work the bolt again.
I watched some YouTube videos & stupidly got kind of excited about this. Probably should have stuck with bolt actions since that's what I've got & it's way too loud for the backyard even with a Yokozuna on it.

Or I should have just bought a Leshiy 2
I only fill it to 275bar. I get 2 mags before I have to refill the air. That seems to have helped a lot. I've also had the loud report then a quiet one. Not sure why though. I also get the bolt not going back all the way, that's usually when it's crushed a pellet sideways in the magazine.

Another thing is there is no bolt catch when it's empty. The s45 mags have that plug in the magazine so the bolt stops on it when it's empty. But with the T9 I have to dry fire to check or put a rod down the barrel so I don't double chamber.

Edit to add: I've shot 900 pellets now in this T9. It really likes JSB Diabolo and Hades, almost no issues with these. Will have to wait for the proper bintac certified slugs to be made for it. I was just shooting at 20 yards with it and it's a fun pistol to play with!

So I just got my bintac T9. Seemed like something fun to play with. The only time I can get it to fire a full mag in semi auto is if the pressure isn't all the way up to 4500psi. At full pressure after the first shot it won't reload, I have to pull the charging handle back to chamber another pellet. It seems to work better if you don't try and rapid fire it. It also doesn't fit very many kinds of slugs since the magazine is so narrow.

I have 7 kinds of slugs in .357. Most won't fit. I have some zan slugs that fit great but it won't cycle them correctly. I bought some texoma T9 pellets but they are too long for the magazine, I tried filing them down but no luck. Polymags are way too long. I got the best results with pellets. The JSB hades and exact .35 pellets worked better, but the only thing that would fire reliably was the pellets that were included with the gun, they don't have a brand on them.

I did figure out that if you have a threaded western rattler adapter from donnyFL it will thread on to the T9 barrel and let you use a moderator. The threaded rattler shroud screws on also. I'm going to test DB readings in a couple days.

When the thing fires correctly it's pretty accurate at 15 yards, I haven't tried it at any distance yet. I seem to get 16 shots from 4500psi, but the first 8 are a headache having to pull the handle back and try not to double chamber rounds. After 16 shots I was down to around 150 bar.

Just thought I would share. :D I've only shot about 4 mags through it so maybe I'll get it dialed in and figure out why it won't work in semi auto at full pressure.

View attachment 472624
View attachment 472625
View attachment 472626
received my T9 a few weeks ago.
having lots of trouble with feeding but hoping by some oil and working the slide it will start working better
my first air gun. Not a very experienced shooter
i posted a pic of groupings at 50 feet
pretty happy with that. Using red dot. Tok a bit to dial it in
started shooting st 50 yards. Hitting target but not as tight as I would like.
hoping to find a stick to attach to adapter so I can get it to my shoulder

IMG_4661.jpeg

received my T9 a few weeks ago.
having lots of trouble with feeding but hoping by some oil and working the slide it will start working better
my first air gun. Not a very experienced shooter
i posted a pic of groupings at 50 feet
pretty happy with that. Using red dot. Tok a bit to dial it in
started shooting st 50 yards. Hitting target but not as tight as I would like.
hoping to find a stick to attach to adapter so I can get it to my shoulder

View attachment 483690
50 yard target

IMG_4665.jpeg

Just picked up one of these bad boys for myself, and I gotta say... Im genuinely impressed. I know it's technically BinTac and not an AEA gun, but the two brands are closely affiliated. And after the disaster that was my AEA HP .30 this thing actually performs well straight out of the box. I put around 12 mags through it so far and not a single hangup. Let's hope it stays that way ^^

Im sticking with pellets for now given what I've heard about slugs, and their reluctance to feed properly sometimes. But if someone finds a slug that performs reliably I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rootdude
So apparantly H&N Grizzly slugs do seem to perform well with the T9.

I think the problem with most slugs is the flat bottom and the fact that they are too conically shaped. The bolt won't always hit the projectile dead-center, so in the case of many slugs they can slant before they enter the breach and get stuck on entry. Grizzly's have less curvature, and they have hollow skirts to catch the bolt with.

EDIT: Can confirm, Grizzly's work wonderfully. 10 mags in and not a single hangup!

1723509221582.png

Last edited:
This is why I will not, ever, own an airgun with these types of mags. Done and done. Nothing more frustrating than a semiautomatic that will not cycle properly.

Huben and Edgun have this figured out.

Cool gun, but not for me, sadly.

How much effort would it take to make a proper, reliable magazine? Not much, but it’s obviously not a priority.

Peace,
Mark
Don’t forget about the Western Airguns-flawless 👍🏾

Im working on a custom stick magazine for this thing. I already have a working prototype. It only holds 4 rounds, but it works flawlessly. I ordered a new 3D printer that can print much bigger models. Im aiming for 8 to 10 round mags.

The biggest problem is that the bolt reciprocates too fast for the standard rotary magazines to keep up with. It's insanely fast, especially at high pressures (see video).

Unlike the AEA Terminator or HP series, it uses direct blowback from the chamber. Hence why the hammer decocks when you dry fire. Without a projectile in the chamber there is not enough pressure to move the bolt all the way back.

Im hoping to have a fully functional magazine in the coming weeks ^^

Reactions: rootdude
Im working on a custom stick magazine for this thing. I already have a working prototype. It only holds 4 rounds, but it works flawlessly. I ordered a new 3D printer that can print much bigger models. Im aiming for 8 to 10 round mags.

The biggest problem is that the bolt reciprocates too fast for the standard rotary magazines to keep up with. It's insanely fast, especially at high pressures (see video).

Unlike the AEA Terminator or HP series, it uses direct blowback from the chamber. Hence why the hammer decocks when you dry fire. Without a projectile in the chamber there is not enough pressure to move the bolt all the way back.

Im hoping to have a fully functional magazine in the coming weeks ^^

Very exciting stuff!!!

Keep us in the loop either way!

Reactions: DonEnzone