Really good bipods are all expensive, I like Accu-Tacs and use one of their models, built like a tank with interchangeable feet and parts even the heads from non panning to panning/tilting. The levers can also be moved/set to different positions to be out of the way without changing it's set position. Only caveat is they are a bit heavier....made here in the US. They can be found on sale for a little over $300 depending on model...or used here under 300.

Reactions: Poke-E
I use a camera tripod. It's not fancy but it works great. I put a yoke on the head with some padding. It's a great shooting platform. It's almost as solid as a bag and will support a heavy gun.

Light and easy to carry. Sets up in an instant. And it only cost $5 at the thrift store. Took about 15 minutes to put a yoke on it.

20240831_194635.jpg

It's not tall enough for a standing position but works great for all other positions.

I use cheap from Walmart Limbsaver plastic bipods. They are perfectly suitable for the hunting and pesting I do and the few times I have had to go to ground to take out a varmint they did fine:

On my Kimber Mountain I have an expensive bipod, I also use shooting sticks and I recently put this together using an old photo tripod and an Amazon clamp:

For bench shooting I use a Caldwell shooting table and either a Caldwell Stinger or a set of bags:

Ì have 2 Harris bipods for my rifles. The short and the long. I rarely use them. The long style is great for prone or sitting. And they preload nicely to eliminate wobble. The short style is prone only.

When researching bipod and tripods for the air rifle I found you pay a bunch for very little. I would up with the camera tripod and I'm really happy with it. I made 4 and everyone that shoots off them loves them.

I saw a guy at the range with a lower picatinny rail on an AR. He had a short camera tripod mounted with the lower half of a scope ring. It was really awesome and weighed nearly nothing. It looked like it was made for the rifle until I realized he just screwed a scope ring to the gimball head of a camera tripod and clamped it on the picatinny.

The thrift store always has a pile of camera tripods. Some are cheap crap. But some are really solid quality stuff. Dampened gimball heads and solid leg extensions. I've never paid more than 6-8 bucks for one.

Last edited:
@Poke-E How do you intend to use the bipod? Benchrest shooting? Have you checked out the Airforce bipod?
@Ezana4CE I will use it for bench rest shooting. I have an airforce one on my Texan and it seems to be stout enough to load while shooting. I was just thinking maybe something a little wider would help me hold steady to see me shot in real time. Just my thoughts. Any input is always appreciated tho!!

@Ezana4CE I will use it for bench rest shooting. I have an airforce one on my Texan and it seems to be stout enough to load while shooting. I was just thinking maybe something a little wider would help me hold steady to see me shot in real time. Just my thoughts. Any input is always appreciated tho!!
AccuTac

I was looking at the Accu-Tac ones and mannn they are very nice! I'm not opposed to spending that much but looking for something a little cheaper. $300 for one of theirs does not sit that bad tho!! I will have to keep an eye on the site for sales!!!
Also check here on the classifieds as they are usually under $300 then 👍

I use a Ajoite UUQ and I like it. It is a bit heavy but I would not be worried about using a Texan on it. I shoot from my side porch and it is sloped so I used the adjusting feature of the Ajoite and used it so much I wore out the female threads. So I put a helicoil knockoff in it. That's the only problem I've had with it. Amazon seems to have the quick release version for $69 and the regular version for a few dollars less. I have the quick release one.

Recently I've also used an old UTG bipod what only adjusts from about 6.2 to 6.7 inches. It is the right height for my P35s from my new shooting bench. It isn't as nice but is pretty sturdy. I think it's only about $30. If it happened to be the height you need it could work. But the Ajoite is much more adjustable, wider, and seems significantly nicer. I just can't get the Ajoite to exactly the right height. But it works too.