• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BOG death grip!!!

i had no idea this tripod can make backyard plinking insanely accurate & fun!!!
on the flip side
this tripod can also pointout if ur barrel is poor quality or the ammo u are using is crappy!!!
got it used from Amazon,
few scuffs here and there but nothing that screams return this right now,
so yeah very much like adding this in my setup for sure.
1E6C14A9-8875-4098-A912-B490B3D91C1C.jpeg

i had no idea this tripod can make backyard plinking insanely accurate & fun!!!
on the flip side
this tripod can also pointout if ur barrel is poor quality or the ammo u are using is crappy!!!
got it used from Amazon,
few scuffs here and there but nothing that screams return this right now,
so yeah very much like adding this in my setup for sure.
View attachment 471537
I have one myself. Its a great addition to your hobby!

Reactions: Faisal911
I have one and mostly use it sitting in one particular blind, it is ok... If I had paid full price for it I would have been annoyed, but I got it 50% off so I'm ok with it at that price. I just couldn't see spending a minimum of 800+ dollars on a decent tripod setup for something I'd use very rarely. But believe me, using a "real" tripod setup made for rifles is night and day difference from the bog. I've used several at friends from 1-2k+ in cost, if money is no object they are definitely worth it and make the bog feel/look/operate like junk. Just for my uses the price for good or better is not worth it and the bog suffices.

Reactions: GeneT
I have one and mostly use it sitting in one particular blind, it is ok... If I had paid full price for it I would have been annoyed, but I got it 50% off so I'm ok with it at that price. I just couldn't see spending a minimum of 800+ dollars on a decent tripod setup for something I'd use very rarely. But believe me, using a "real" tripod setup made for rifles is night and day difference from the bog. I've used several at friends from 1-2k+ in cost, if money is no object they are definitely worth it and make the bog feel/look/operate like junk. Just for my uses the price for good or better is not worth it and the bog suffices.
Everything has its purpose and price point, personally I would have my head examined if I spent 1 to 2k on a tripod, not that I can't, I wouldn't. But hey, it's like the guy that buys a 100k Bass Boat and gets out fished by the guy in an old beater with good electronics, to each their own.
One man's Junk is another man's Treasure!

Reactions: 357cal
$800!!!! I don't know where you got that price. That's double the highest priced BOG.

$800!!!! I don't know where you got that price. That's double the highest priced BOG.
You misread, I have used friends very expensive setups, about the minimum price for a truly good tripod setup is around 800 dollars plus, the sky is the limit. I do not own any like that but have used many, I have a BOG I got at half price. It suffices for my minimal uses, but it is third rate junk standing next to the best. I use plenty of stuff I consider 3rd rate junk, just because for my usage it is not worth it to me to spend big bucks on something good. I just don't kid myself saying silly things like "xyz" is good when in fact it is garbage compared to the best, it simply suffices for my usage when I'm not willing to spend the money on good for a particular use. If one of my friends were to gift me one of their old beat up tripod set ups, the bog would go down the road instantly to someone else as a gift without any hesitation and good riddance.

• Sad
Reactions: 357cal and dens228
You misread, I have used friends very expensive setups, about the minimum price for a truly good tripod setup is around 800 dollars plus, the sky is the limit. I do not own any like that but have used many, I have a BOG I got at half price. It suffices for my minimal uses, but it is third rate junk standing next to the best. I use plenty of stuff I consider 3rd rate junk, just because for my usage it is not worth it to me to spend big bucks on something good. I just don't kid myself saying silly things like "xyz" is good when in fact it is garbage compared to the best, it simply suffices for my usage when I'm not willing to spend the money on good for a particular use. If one of my friends were to gift me one of their old beat up tripod set ups, the bog would go down the road instantly to someone else as a gift without any hesitation and good riddance.
Laughing out loud, you seem like a spoiled brat, upset because your friends can afford high-end gear. For hunting, the most expensive equipment doesn't always guarantee the best value for money. Even if it were made of gold, I wouldn't pay $800 for a tripod. I have friends who use shooting sticks and are very effective; they don't need an expensive tripod. They've mastered being highly effective with less. After all, it's just a tripod.

Last edited:
Laughing out loud, you seem like a spoiled brat, upset because your friends can afford high-end gear. For hunting, the most expensive equipment doesn't always guarantee the best value for money. Even if it were made of gold, I wouldn't pay $800 for a tripod. I have friends who use shooting sticks and are very effective; they don't need an expensive tripod. They've mastered being highly effective with less. After all, it's just a tripod.
you are so off base it is not even funny, just earned my second ignore on this site.

I gave been using the Primos Hunting trigger tripod for years now. To me, after seeing all the new cf tripods out there , I am surprised that none of them have deployable legs that can adjust the uneven terrain with a pull of a trigger, like the Primos.
I hunt California ground squirrels, often in uneven, hilly terrain. By just pulling the trigger on the Primos Hunting tripod , I have all three legs deployed with the center of gravity vertical. Very stable shooting platform. Highside and lowside legs are carrying equal weight.
Plus , the Primos is a heck of alot cost affordable.
Check them out.

Reactions: Faisal911