Bonding with Peri and my AAA Evol Mini, little bit of new gear testing.

So I bought this BipodEXT and Modular Evolutions Bipod from Tom at Tomcat Airguns, both extremely used... (semi abused but were they really or was it just some rough loving?) ....

The point of the BipodEXT should be pretty self explanatory, I will say 100% it made holding the rifle far easier, now if only the Modular Evolutions Bipod didn't have as much bounce/play (I really should have tested this with my accu-tac). In no way am I disappointed with the bipod, I love it actually for its quick deployment and ease of changing height and positions, the accu-tacs I find you need to work a bit and aren't always the quickest to reposition.

Anyways Peri and I set out after dinner and I was going to shoot 6 groups each yardage but I decided to just give 3 magazines to each yardage.

With that said on both the 80y and 90y I made some amateur mistakes in holding over and not adjusting my parallax, ironically I caught myself at the same exact shot count after cussing myself out lmao, hence the additional shots at each yardage on those groups. The 70y group I feel is as opened up as it is due to me figuring the hold just right. These results blew me away to be honest, 10.5 inch barrel and grouping like that?

This was shooting 18.13 at 815 FPS while looking through my Helix 4-16x44 @ 14 power.

Hope you guys enjoyed the little itty bitty write up like Peri and I enjoyed the sun.... and the ticks... just kidding on the last part...
Resized_20230621_163131.jpeg
Resized_20230621_170643.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173650.jpeg
Resized_20230621_172011.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173639.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173644.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173726.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173835.jpeg
Resized_20230621_173816.jpeg
Resized_20230621_175611.jpeg

Resized_20230621_170632.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice man! That bipod extension is as long as the Mini. There impressive little buggers with that short barrel aren't they! So fun to shoot!

I just stretched mine out to 67yds in some variable wind and wow vertical spread on one group was like .3" the other like .75" then the horizontal was 1.75" and 2.5" respectively lol! Huge respect to competitors who shoot in the wind.

20230621_170950.jpg
20230621_170957.jpg

Nice man! That bipod extension is as long as the Mini. There impressive little buggers with that short barrel aren't they! So fun to shoot!

I just stretched mine out to 67yds in some variable wind and wow vertical spread on one group was like .3" the other like .75" then the horizontal was 1.75" and 2.5" respectively lol! Huge respect to competitors who shoot in the wind.

View attachment 366572View attachment 366573
Hey man it looks like your hold was tight though vertically! Practice practice practice.

Also the extension is quick adjust in terms of length, mounted and adjusted to shortest length it's about 3 inches from the muzzle. I just wanted to use it at max. It's a cool piece of equipment I'll likely never use on this rifle out in the field lol

Reactions: Dairyboy
The Mini is shooting good, but what is that abomination you’ve hung off it. Totally impractical, go back to a basic bipod and have another go… That wonky setup destroys the concept of “mini”…🤓
@L.Leon it was an interesting piece of gear that I found on the classifieds that I wanted to try.

It is extremely light being all carbon fiber with aluminum pic mounts and 100% collapsible with a quick latch to get it to length.

When I got them I wrote a little something up and did say I'd like never use it in the field but I am second thinking that now as it would make the long shots for pigeons atop silos so much easier.

20230602_165656.jpg

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
@CTairgunner1288, don’t do it… “Carbon fiber this, carbon fiber that”, let that lil Mini do its thing, the pigeons? They won’t know the difference… From an aesthetics viewpoint? The Mini looks and performs sweetest when unburden by long protuberances… And an increased stack height” Don’t mess with near perfection… Svelte, light, deadly… Don’t pork her up.

@CTairgunner1288, don’t do it… “Carbon fiber this, carbon fiber that”, let that lil Mini do its thing, the pigeons? They won’t know the difference… From an aesthetics viewpoint? The Mini looks and performs sweetest when unburden by long protuberances… And an increased stack height” Don’t mess with near perfection… Svelte, light, deadly… Don’t pork her up.

The wonderful world of quick detach 😀

Edit: it's like a coat, wear it when it's cold, off when it's warm lol

I don't wanna argue with anyone over my stuff haha it made my shooting today much more enjoyable and every single piece gear has a place.

Last edited:
Its like a coat, can wear it when it's cold, take it off when it's warm , it's not a perm attachment haha

I'm not gunna be walking around with the thing, whip it out of the pack, slap it on, take the shot, put it back.

The wonderful world of quick detach :😀
While you know Imma joshing you, by the time you slap it on for a shot? And the carrying it around? Did you not see Peri rolling her eyes? Peace my brother…

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Hey man it looks like your hold was tight though vertically! Practice practice practice.

Also the extension is quick adjust in terms of length, mounted and adjusted to shortest length it's about 3 inches from the muzzle. I just wanted to use it at max. It's a cool piece of equipment I'll likely never use on this rifle out in the field lol
Lol I shoot birds in the wind but never really did groups. Eye opening.

I dig the extension. I've wanted one in the past. However I got bit by the tripod bug and now have a mini and large tripod for my shooting. Don't use bipods anymore. I did almost buy that from Tom though

Lol I shoot birds in the wind but never really did groups. Eye opening.

I dig the extension. I've wanted one in the past. However I got bit by the tripod bug and now have a mini and large tripod for my shooting. Don't use bipods anymore. I did almost buy that from Tom though
The extension has its place, small short rifles are not meant for long shots, they're a walk and stalk thing right? Well with this it takes literally 3 seconds to clip it on lol could keep it on a carabiner while walking the farm.

I love my Athlon cf32 tripod as well , I used that on the farm I was at in NY along with my vet short.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Awesome targets at those distances!

Especially with 18g at 815fps - do you recall the max you held for the wind? Was it more than 2”?

-Ed
The targets are 3 inch targets and max I held for wind was half the target so ... 1.5" absolute max. I am really impressed with this rifle as far as ammo goes. They will shoot CPHP , hades 15.89, 18.13 .... I have not tested the CPHP but know a few people who have, all on the same tune too.

Also thank you very much.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1