Borescope Recommendations

I have 2 inexpensive borescopes that will fit down a .177 barrel the problem is they will not fit with the mirror attached . So you get a look but you don't get the look.
Please let me know where you got the .177 ones at. I would be willing to try to find a way to get a mirror attached or even attach a mirror to a cleaning jag facing outward at a 45 degree angle and follow the scope from the other side. Worth a try!

Reactions: beerthief
Please let me know where you got the .177 ones at. I would be willing to try to find a way to get a mirror attached or even attach a mirror to a cleaning jag facing outward at a 45 degree angle and follow the scope from the other side. Worth a try!
I did this with a .22 cal before they got the camera small enough to fit a mirror. Several years back. I didn’t affix a mirror though, I just cut a jag at a 45 then highly polished the surface. A pain to use but worked.

Dave

A few images (720p) taken with Teslong model TSNTG100 of a Walther .22 blank.
Pics 1 and 2 show the rifling with a small illumination adjustment.
Pic 3 is with the mirror rotated relative to the camera.
Pic 4 shows the crown area.
Hope this helps.

Ron

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg

Hawkeye is much nicer than a Teslong (I have both and a few other cheapies besides). The only downside to the Hawkeye (if you care) is that it does not have a camera, it's purely an optical instrument. Also if you get cleaning solvent on it, it can de-silver the mirror (ask me how I know...). I consider the right angle adapter nearly mandatory, so that's a few Tesolongs in additional cost, but the resolution and clarity really are worth it.

GsT
I had.a.Hawkeye bored old one big negative is having to.tilt head and neck even with angled eyepiece..I'm kinda gimped ..The camera on the screen doesn't hurt my neck...big pro for me😀

Man I am sorry I have spoken a little to soon the borescopes I have went up in price dramatically since 2022 when I purchased them at current prices I would not recommend either because they will not fit with the mirror attached. I am still going to post a link to the least expensive 60$ now think I paid 28$. Well looks like no link either just highlight the next sentence and web search it this should lead you to an amazon link.

Wireless Rifle Borescope, 0.177inch Rifle Bore Scope NIDAGE Barrel Gun Endoscope with 3.28ft Cable and Side View Mirror for Bore Cleaning Inspections

The other borescope I have is the one Motorhead in the post above talks about this is definitely a nicer option but again at current prices and having used both I would pass.

Oh and I use them with android devices both require download of a free app easy.

Thanks, the vividia at $197 shipped (and lowest recent sale at $155) seems a value to me! Considering what many will pay to make their rifle shoot better and sometimes just for looks & such, value. If wanting to lap or even well polish a barrel and knowing the name of barrel manufacturer is NO guarantee it is needed.
Glad I came back and looked at this thread been wanting one for years and didn't think they existed .
Thank y'all

John