Borescope Recommendations

look up "Teslong rifle bore scope", might be available off amazon. I've had one since they introduced a few years back works with my computer or lap top. prices are very reasonable or at least they were. you download the program to use it . This a fiber optic cable type not a fixed rod ,lighted and mirrors for side view included. It has worked very well for me, At The Time I got it all of $60. and way better than any thing else out there at the time short of the old standby unit( can't remember the name) which was in the 700+ dollar range. and Blew the recently introduced ( at the time ) Lyman unit away picture quality wise. yes you an take screen shots as well as vidios and save to where ever.

Got mine from Aliexpress and is perfect for my needs. 👍

IMG_5785.jpeg

There is.

There is. I have been looking for one for my .17wsm powder burner for 2 or 3 years. What need would there be for a bore scope of a pellet barrel?
A guy buying a bore scope for the 177 pellet shooter probably is into performance and accuracy, so using it to inspect and polish the bore and the such.

Your best option for 22 and up is Teslong. Really good value for the money. I have two.

For .177 you need a Hawkeye borescope. These are older tech and very expensive. Even after the introduction of the Teslong these have come a bit in price but are still several hundred dollars.

I’m waiting for Teslong to do a 177 but I’m not sure if they ever will.

Hawkeye is much nicer than a Teslong (I have both and a few other cheapies besides). The only downside to the Hawkeye (if you care) is that it does not have a camera, it's purely an optical instrument. Also if you get cleaning solvent on it, it can de-silver the mirror (ask me how I know...). I consider the right angle adapter nearly mandatory, so that's a few Tesolongs in additional cost, but the resolution and clarity really are worth it.

GsT

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Teslong is the easy button. I kept an old laptop that would only work while powered by a cord, thinking I’d use it for viewing and data capture, and it could just live in my workshop. Turned out the limitations of the camera software, or the old gen USB ports, or something made the lag so bad I was unable to focus or adjust the camera and mirror. Plugged it into my new laptop, zero issues. Not a big deal, but worth noting. Other than that hiccup, I cannot imagine needing anything higher end in terms of features, quality, or usability.