• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bottle to recharge PCP

Been poking around, and found this - Bottle, any reason that won't work for an Umarex Gauntlet or Umarex Notos for field refills? Capacity is about 122 CI for the bottle. Any warning flags about the mfg?

NOT DOT approved - so nobody is going to fill it - I've got my own compressor so shouldn't be an issue. Looking for 2-3 bottle refills for either of the rifles - seems like this would work for that - correct?

I use an expired 45 minute Scott fire fighters tank. I believe the report done for the Navy that says there is no technical basis for the DOT limit. Their testing indicates tanks can safely be used much longer. I think my Scott tank is made better than most if not all tanks made in China. But regardless of where they are made and how well they are made, leaks are way tanks fail. That is in the Navy report too. So your biggest risk is wasting your money. I would not use a tank with any significant visually apparent damage to the carbon fiber, however, or other signs of damage. Expired tanks are quite inexpensive - I paid about $100 for mine (several years ago). There are 30, 45, and 60 minute tanks.

I run an expired paintball cylinder that was DOT approved but is past it’s recertification window. When I put the valve on the bottle I performed a very rudimentary visual inspection. May be worth noting I worked in paintball and have a lot of exposure to HPA and I myself made the judgment to run an expired bottle. It’s a 68cu in 4500 psi cylinder. It gives me about three good fills on my 480cc impact.

Reactions: Raysfan
I have a 90cu-in Ninja tank and it can refill my Notos a ton of times from 4500 PSI. Anything above 90cu-in and you will be fine. I even have a tiny .5L (30.5 cu-in) pony bottle and get about 5 fills on my Notos.

For the pony tanks leave then in a deep freezer to get a full 4500 PSI. Boyles and Charles law.

IMG_3942.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg
IMG_3941.jpeg

Reactions: K0DMT
When I was in H.S. I took lessons to become a certified scuba diver. One of the scary things they showed us was a picture of a scuba tank that was in good condition and filled to the legal limit. It was then stored in the trunk of a car and left out in the sun on a hot day. When the tank blew up it blew the trunk lid off the car and half way across the parking lot. They can do a great deal of damage.

• Haha
Reactions: LMNOP
You’re more brave than I am; I would rather deal with ideal gas laws than stepping into the deep and several rungs down the food chain ladder. One does not need to look far to find an abundance of horror attributed to the dangerous ocean and the water-borne intrinsic risks. Even our delicate PCPs are assaulted daily by the potential of dangerous substances like water infiltrating our bodies, lungs, and hobby tools! I cannot imagine the dangers of submersing compressed air tanks and their respective apparatus into water, let alone salt water known for Galvanic reactions, intentionally. ;)