Brand new to PCP rifles - take it easy please😁

Lol that sounds like a very enjoyable and full schedule . I hope all turns out smooth and to perfection for you Sir. haha ;) No more shows that I am aware of unfortunately.
Sad to hear that we don't have any more shows - but Rob will "edge-uh-muh-cate" me locally on what I need - or at least help me sound like I know what I am talking about😂😂😂

All... T is screwed... I thought I'd recognized the name. He is a buddy of mine from wood turning. Lives about an hour away. Didnt know he'd have an interest in airguns. I'll set the hook firmly and he will be assimilated. He's already coming over tomorrow to look at toys. 😈
With a friend like you he’ll wish he had a trust fund from a wealthy relative. 😂😂

Welcome to a great forum!
Lots of helpful folks here, and plenty of humorous comments too.
I started with a .25 Marauder about 6 years ago and remember thinking that I’ll never need anything else!
That changed quickly lol!
I believe that I have gone way way down the rabbit hole.
The accuracy of air guns can be astounding, and you are in for some serious fun!

View attachment 395752
I really wish I would've bought the edgun leyla rather than the cricket 2.

Reactions: teesquare
Welcome teesquare!
I wanted to mention an aspect of airguning that interests me, that you may have a better veiw of, and that is, powder burner equivalency.
A 1000 yard challenge, may be able to be duplicated with an airgun, with the exception of the visual aspect, because both will likley be topped with similar glass, and the lack of the mirage effect.
The wind drift, and the trajectory ark, would be comparable at closer range,
Scale targets, and steel silhouettes, have been available for a long time, and all kinds of plinking targets available, like a 25 cal airsoft pellet at 25 yards compared to a pingpong ball at 100 etc.

Depending on the power of the gun the ranges would vary. For example my pistols at apx 400 fps. max out of elevation at 29 yards, and are capable of one MOA, with about three inches of posible wind drift. So that is easily a back yard freindly, long range type challenge.

Congrats and enjoy.
👍

All... T is screwed... I thought I'd recognized the name. He is a buddy of mine from wood turning. Lives about an hour away. Didnt know he'd have an interest in airguns. I'll set the hook firmly and he will be assimilated. He's already coming over tomorrow to look at toys. 😈
Nothing like passing on the best disease one can have 😊!
That is going to be a very fun day indeed.

Nothing like passing on the best disease one can have 😊!
That is going to be a very fun day indeed.
yes... was great to see the interest. He's helped me in wood turning and indirectly caused me to upgrade my lathe. I can now repay the favor. Wish I'd known he was going to get into airguns as I've offloaded a couple dozen in the last two years. Still have plenty here to get and keep him firmly hooked though.

Get him Rob haha! I am sure T will have a great time up there checking out your collection . (y):coffee:

I have a feeling that a crack addiction might be more economical… and there are treatment centers when you want to quit…😁
Well, we always say, welcome to the Rabbit Hole®. yes Crack would be cheaper but not as good for your health or your teeth, barring something going boom in you face. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there is a few tons worth of experience here.

Don’t use lubricants without checking which lubricants you should use

Don’t clean a barrel from the crown end

A new person may not know the right question to ask

I remember coming from PB and assuming I knew stuff. While most pb knowledge can be extrapolated onto airguns not all and airguns have their own intrinsic characteristics.

Last edited:
Welcome teesquare!
I wanted to mention an aspect of airguning that interests me, that you may have a better veiw of, and that is, powder burner equivalency.
A 1000 yard challenge, may be able to be duplicated with an airgun, with the exception of the visual aspect, because both will likley be topped with similar glass, and the lack of the mirage effect.
The wind drift, and the trajectory ark, would be comparable at closer range,
Scale targets, and steel silhouettes, have been available for a long time, and all kinds of plinking targets available, like a 25 cal airsoft pellet at 25 yards compared to a pingpong ball at 100 etc.

Depending on the power of the gun the ranges would vary. For example my pistols at apx 400 fps. max out of elevation at 29 yards, and are capable of one MOA, with about three inches of posible wind drift. So that is easily a back yard freindly, long range type challenge.

Congrats and enjoy.
👍
Thank you for that comparison. It does help me set fair expectations.
T

Reactions: .20calguy
Teesquare Show us some groups , picture of your gun , compressor.

We love pics here at AGN. Or should I say I do. Lol

I
Will do - once I actually get the rifle out of the box😂....I am recovering for 2 trips to NM in 1 month. So next week I will be free to tinker and play with the gun. Looking forward to it and will post pics - promise!

Reactions: Perle
Don’t use lubricants without checking which lubricants you should use

Don’t clean a barrel from the crown end

A new person may not know the right question to ask

I remember coming from PB and assuming I knew stuff. While most pb knowledge can be extrapolated onto airguns not all and airguns have their own intrinsic characteristics.
Thanks! Good points for sure.

"Resistance is futile. All will be assimilated" The Borg