Brocock/BRK BRK Ghost .25 Cal, 23" Barrel

So the above mentioned air rifle and I where shooting yesterday at 50 yards. The MKII didn't group very well and I swapped over to the 25.39 Exact Kings.
On power setting #9 they went all in mostly the same hole (see attached photo).

So the question I have is does it make sense or is it more efficient to lower the reg pressure and up the wheel setting? Or leave it alone in case I need/want to switch back to the MKII?

I can get two magazines (20 shots) when I fill up to 225 bar and refill around 160 bar. I believe I should be able to fill to 300 bar IIRC. Would reducing the reg pressure and upping the wheel increase shot count?

Please advise,

Smitty

JSB Exact King .25 25.39 grain.jpg
ached photo)

I don’t have a Brk Ghost but have a 30 cal DeltaWolf HP (I think Ghost and Wolf are fairly similar, except wolf is electronically controlled).

I was shooting 44.75 gr JSBs at 174 bar, and getting groupings similar to yours. I’ve lowered the reg pressure to 150 bars. Now I get nearly all shots touching to each other on the target at 40 yards. My shot count per fill increased as well.

Chrono?
How fast are those pellets flying? With regard to the pellet weight, there are guys shooting those pellets with a reg set at around 140 bar and getting speeds around 890-900 fps. (yes, I know it can be different , gun to gun) Looking at your target, it looks like the pellets may have been spiraling. I could be wrong.
You have a BRK Ghost. You should be doing "hole in hole" at 40 yds. I was informed that your gun actually likes 33.9 grain pellets. I'd try that first. I considered buying that gun since it's one of the best long range guns on the market (out of the box).
Good luck!
BTW, try a tin of JTS or AEA pellets. You're gonna get too many fliers with JSB pellets unless you weigh them. Just my experience as of late especially.

Whats concerning to me is 20 shots from 225-160bar. You should be getting more than that so I think you are slinging those 25.4gr really fast. Accuracy wise I'd say that shows also. Only one group there that I'd be happy with and a few OKs. Too many groups that are inconsistent leading to think spiraling. But yeah first step need to chronograph to see what's going on

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizz01
Whats concerning to me is 20 shots from 225-160bar. You should be getting more than that so I think you are slinging those 25.4gr really fast. Accuracy wise I'd say that shows also. Only one group there that I'd be happy with and a few OKs. Too many groups that are inconsistent leading to think spiraling. But yeah first step need to chronograph to see what's going on
I'll bust out the LabRadar next week and get some speed data.