BRK Ghost Review

...I was aboot complain aboot the Ghost right after I was aboot to praise it here behind the "Franklin Tune"...

...after increasing regulator pressure, I shot a string of 6 and saw 891 fps with an SD of 1.1...

...I thought that was awesome but too good to be true, so I shot another string and got 885 fps with SD of 2.4...I was like "huh"...

...so the next string came up at 870 fps and 4.9 SD...now I was like WFT...?!?...

...then I noted that the tank pressure was down to around 125 BAR, which is where I had set the regulator...
'
...and now the regulator shows around 100 BAR again...how did that happen...?!?...

...I figger I best charge the air tank...but why is the regulator so low...???...there is still more than 100 bar in the air tank...???...

EDIT: ...whatever the reason, it is back where I set it at with a bit of air pumped into the tank...

...I don't usually get to shoot this much at once...!!!... :p

...FWIW this is the first time this rifle has been charged in CT....I hope it doesn't miss that AZ air...

...14 shots after refill came in @ 895.8 and 2.3 SD...

I'm not sure I'm following.....

If you don't refill the gun when you get down to reg pressure and just keep shooting, the reg gauge will go down too.

Once your bottle pressure is below reg pressure, both gauges will read the same (bottle pressure and reg pressure). B/c you simply have less pressure than the reg is set for now.

Take home message -if you want consistent and trustsble shots, refill the bottle before you get down to the reg pressure.

If you don't refill the gun when you get down to reg pressure and just keep shooting, the reg gauge will go down too.

Once your bottle pressure is below reg pressure, both gauges will read the same (bottle pressure and reg pressure). B/c you simply have less pressure than the reg is set for now.

Take home message -if you want consistent and trustsble shots, refill the bottle before you get down to the reg pressure.
I’m surprised his ghost didn’t dump the rest of it’s air

Reactions: coastal drifter
...I was aboot complain aboot the Ghost right after I was aboot to praise it here behind the "Franklin Tune"...

...after increasing regulator pressure, I shot a string of 6 and saw 891 fps with an SD of 1.1...

...I thought that was awesome but too good to be true, so I shot another string and got 885 fps with SD of 2.4...I was like "huh"...

...so the next string came up at 870 fps and 4.9 SD...now I was like WFT...?!?...

...then I noted that the tank pressure was down to around 125 BAR, which is where I had set the regulator...
'
...and now the regulator shows around 100 BAR again...how did that happen...?!?...

...I figger I best charge the air tank...but why is the regulator so low...???...there is still more than 100 bar in the air tank...???...

EDIT: ...whatever the reason, it is back where I set it at with a bit of air pumped into the tank...

...I don't usually get to shoot this much at once...!!!... :p

...FWIW this is the first time this rifle has been charged in CT....I hope it doesn't miss that AZ air...

...14 shots after refill came in @ 895.8 and 2.3 SD...
You have to remember when getting sd’s in single digits it can be misleading! A 1 grain variance ( 17gr and 18 gr shot in same string) will push the sd of 1 that you had up to a sd of 2 or more. To prove this to yourself weigh 10 pellets take all the same weight and shoot over crono then take the 10 worst of the rest and shoot. You will get 2 different sd values

You have to remember when getting sd’s in single digits it can be misleading! A 1 grain variance ( 17gr and 18 gr shot in same string) will push the sd of 1 that you had up to a sd of 2 or more. To prove this to yourself weigh 10 pellets take all the same weight and shoot over crono then take the 10 worst of the rest and shoot. You will get 2 different sd values

Also important to not go down the rabbit hole of number chasing.

The concept of aggregation of marginal gains illustrates that there is indeed value in even the small things, and aggregating even small improvements can result in enough of a difference to matter. BUT going down the rabbit hole of weighing pellets and chasing single digit extreme spreads can turn the pursuit of accuracy into the pursuit of the ridiculous. Ie a guy can easily spend more time sitting at a scale or in front of a chronograph than shooting.

In my favorite airgun pastimes of both types of field target common in the US, as well as popping pests at extremely long-for-fpe ranges, I've not found weighing pellets or single digit extreme spreads to have any value. I can kill pdogs out to 175yards pretty regularly, and further occasionally. And I can be competitive in field target. Both of those with unweighed pellets and extreme spreads up around 20-25 with some guns/tunes.

I am here for the shooting, not the pellet weighing.

Also important to not go down the rabbit hole of number chasing.

The concept of aggregation of marginal gains illustrates that there is indeed value in even the small things, and aggregating even small improvements can result in enough of a difference to matter. BUT going down the rabbit hole of weighing pellets and chasing single digit extreme spreads can turn the pursuit of accuracy into the pursuit of the ridiculous. Ie a guy can easily spend more time sitting at a scale or in front of a chronograph than shooting.

In my favorite airgun pastimes of both types of field target common in the US, as well as popping pests at extremely long-for-fpe ranges, I've not found weighing pellets or single digit extreme spreads to have any value. I can kill pdogs out to 175yards pretty regularly, and further occasionally. And I can be competitive in field target. Both of those with unweighed pellets and extreme spreads up around 20-25 with some guns/tunes.

I am here for the shooting, not the pellet weighing.
What you say is very true cole but i was trying to help him self educate and gain some knowledge of some possible fallacies help by people who hold numbers above all else. I weigh pellets primarily for 100 yd shooting. I don’t have the option to go out and put the smack down on p dogs @200. My hunting is mostly squirrels @ 50 or less and i wish we had more rabbits but they seem to be becoming nocturnal around here. Sometimes learning things for yourself make them sink in a bit better than someone just telling you

...the regulator was reading well below both what I had just set it at and the reading on the air tank...that seemed odd...

...once refilled the regulator went back to the new setting...1st refill...GX pump worked great...

Reactions: L.Leon
As I commented a few days ago, that's part of the beauty of the Ghost, various ways to produce the desired fps. And how we choose to get there offers peripheral benefits that allow other uses, or increase efficiency, or shot cycle, or etc.
I Love the Power of Beauty of the Ghost... 🔥🔥🔥

IMG_2190.jpeg

...the regulator was reading well below both what I had just set it at and the reading on the air tank...that seemed odd...

...once refilled the regulator went back to the new setting...1st refill...GX pump worked great...
The reg is reducing the air from the bottle but the reg requires a certain amount of pressure to work properly

Reactions: Hapo
@Franklink
Today i shoot a brand new GHOST HP .177...

When i fill the bottle, i see that the regulator pressure is 150 Bar (Factory Setting), i took a picture because my eyes is + and Cylinder, so i can see clear when i zoom in the photo :ROFLMAO:
IMG_2207.JPG

so i decrease the regulator pressure to 100 Bar, and set the PW to MIN

IMG_2212.PNG

1-2 ==> FPS 964-965 - JSB 10.34 gr ==> 100 Bar PW-MIN
3,4,5,6,7 ==> FPS 868-869 - JSB 13gr ==> 100 Bar PW-MIN
8-9 ==> FPS 871-872 - JSB 13 gr ==> 100 Bar PW-11

I shoot sillouette with Zeroing at 33 meter, it is flat shoot between 18mtr, 25mtr, 33mtr, 41mtr ==> This is awesome, i am wondering why this can be happend ?

After that, i was shoot Benchrest Target at 25 mtr,
This is the first time i shoot Paper Target, it was windy day, here are the result:
IMG_2211.JPG

As the Conclusion, i am so happy and very very very satisfied with GHOST..

How much the hight regullator pressure BAR have you tried ? and how is the result? (for .177 cal)

And what other setting or tehnique i should try for the next?
i ordered NSA Slug 20.5gr .178.. can i shoot with this ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklink
@Aristovertex,
Congrats on your new Ghost! Glad to hear it's proving to be an accurate shooter.

The seemingly flat trajectory at those distances is probably at least partly due to the Ghosts relatively high scope height, which is simply a fact of the Ghosts design.

I've never personally played with a Ghost HP in .177, only .177 Carbine. I have played with other.177 guns with similarly rifled barrels. The HP .177 has polygonal rifling and the Carbine has 12 groove.

I imagine you've got a bit higher reg setting available but don't know that for a fact. The .22 HP I've played with had a 165 bar factory reg pressure. For pellets the 150 bar might even be a bit high. But for those 20grain NSA slugs you'll probably need to max out reg and hammer spring. Those .177/20gr NSA slugs can be incredible but they seem to be really picky about bore condition. Once the bore fouls up accuracy goes out the window. If you can crack that nut, you're likely to be impressed by them from your new Ghost.

Last edited:
@Aristovertex,
Congrats on your new Ghost! Glad to hear it's proving to be an accurate shooter.

The seemingly flat trajectory at those distances is probably at least partly due to the Ghosts relatively high scope height, which is simply a fact of the Ghosts design.

I've never personally played with a Ghost HP in .177, only .177 Carbine. I have played with other.177 guns with similarly rifled barrels. The HP .177 has polygonal rifling and the Carbine has 12 groove.

I imagine you've got a bit higher reg setting available but don't know that for a fact. The .22 HP I've played with had a 165 bar factory reg pressure. For pellets the 150 bar might even be a bit high. But for those 20grain NSA slugs you'll probably need to max out reg and hammer spring. Those .177/20gr NSA slugs can be incredible but they seem to be really picky about bore condition. Once the bore leads up accuracy goes out the window. If you can crack that nut, you're likely to be impressed by them from your new Ghost.

Thanks @Franklink , i just know it that high scope height can make a flat trajectory, yeah you're right, i am really falling in love with GHOST.
Normally, i am using as low as i can for scope ring for my other airgun.

How much Regulator BAR will be the Maximum that i can set ?
if i am using NSA Slug 20.5gr, what is your recommended for regulator BAR setting?

with this slug, i can shoot over 100mtr, right?
NSA Slug 20.5 grain Crack the Nut ? hehehe... give me some clue what should i do and what should i try ? ;)

Im shooting 13.4 for field target @ 810 fps @ 140 bar pw 6. At max it will shoot 13.4 to 935 fps and this is with the lighter hammer spring than stock. (.047). I haven’t shot my ghost much with the stock hammer spring so i cant tell you much. My setup will shoot the 13 gr ko slug to 915 fps. If you want to shoot the 20 slug id bump the reg to 150 or so but then to i don’t know what hammer spring you have.