Brocock/BRK BRK Sniper XR Sahara vs AGT Uragan 2 Compact

I’ve been considering these models myself lately. Not a ton of reviews but I hear good things about both. 30-50 yards should be piece of cake for either. There’s YouTube videos by Ben Pierson on the Sahara. Absolute laser at 50 and very impressive at 100. I should of got one before AOA marked them up a little haha.
Curious to see what guys on here say.

Brocock/BRK because I own a .25 Bantam Sniper HR and am familiar with the platform. It's deadly within 50-60 yards and I mean that in a literal sense. It's a well built rifle and it shoulders great with its semi-bullpup design. I can't see myself parting with my Bantam Sniper. The Sahara is based on the Sniper XR platform and BRK has just upped their support for those rifles by recently releasing instructional videos on maintenance/repair of the platform. They're good to go, quality air rifles. From what I recall, the Sahara performs a little better than the Sniper XR. There are some small differences, but I don't remember the specific specs. I can't speak to the AGT Urugan 2, but I've read good things about it.

@JackAttack117, I bet either would suit in the usage scenarios you described… So its ultimately its going to be some decisive feature or not, that drives your decision. I am partial to the BRKs, owned a Bantam Sniper HR, a precursor to the Sahara XR. It was a stellar performer for me. Currently own a Pathfinder XR, the familial resemblance between it and the Commander and Sahara XRs is undeniable. But more importantly they all perform consistently… It seems to me you can’t lose no matter which brand you choose. Good luck and keep us all posted…🙏

Brocock/BRK because I own a .25 Bantam Sniper HR and am familiar with the platform. It's deadly within 50-60 yards and I mean that in a literal sense. It's a well built rifle and it shoulders great with its semi-bullpup design. I can't see myself parting with my Bantam Sniper. The Sahara is based on the Sniper XR platform and BRK has just upped their support for those rifles by recently releasing instructional videos on maintenance/repair of the platform. They're good to go, quality air rifles. From what I recall, the Sahara performs a little better than the Sniper XR. There are some small differences, but I don't remember the specific specs. I can't speak to the AGT Urugan 2, but I've read good things about it.

I have both versions of the Brocock mentioned. Other than cosmetics and a different stock, the essentials appear to be identical. I CANNOT say one is superior to shoot over the other. Both are equally amazing and even in that regard. Just incredibly well made !!

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I have both versions of the Brocock mentioned. Other than cosmetics and a different stock, the essentials appear to be identical. I CANNOT say one is superior to shoot over the other. Both are equally amazing and even in that regard. Just incredibly well made !!
@erock At first glance comparing the two what stands out is that the Sahara is described as having an "upgraded hammer and valve." As for the XR and XR Sniper they're described as having a "a revised hammer and valve assembly." What the means exactly I cannot say. My impression based upon published information leads me to believe that there are subtle differences besides color considering that I recall the XR and Sniper XR being released before the Sahara. I could be mistaken and beyond that I can't elaborate. It had been a while since I'd read up on the two variants prior to my initial post. What's also strange are the published differences in fpe/joules between the regular XR and the Sahara. The XR seem to have a slight edge. Most notably the Sahara appears to be shorter in length according to specs (32.25") as opposed to the XR/Sniper XR at 34" and the Sniper Magnum XR at 39". Anyhow just something I noticed and didn't forget about. If you own both, I'm interested in what you have to say from experience.

Source of my info:
Sahara Description https://brocock.co.uk/sahara-xr/
XR and Sniper XR description https://brocock.co.uk/brocock-xr/

Last edited:
@erock At first glance comparing the two what stands out is that the Sahara is described as having an "upgraded hammer and valve." As for the XR and XR Sniper they're described as having a "a revised hammer and valve assembly." What the means exactly I cannot say. My impression based upon published information leads me to believe that there are subtle differences besides color considering that I recall the XR and Sniper XR being released before the Sahara. I could be mistaken and beyond that I can't elaborate. It had been a while since I'd read up on the two variants prior to my initial post. What's also strange are the published differences in fpe/joules between the regular XR and the Sahara. The XR seem to have a slight edge. Most notably the Sahara appears to be shorter in length according to specs (32.25") as opposed to the XR/Sniper XR at 34" and the Sniper Magnum XR at 39". Anyhow just something I noticed and didn't forget about. If you own both, I'm interested in what you have to say from experience.

Source of my info:
The Bantam Sniper XR and Sahara XR are the “same” gun… Both sport the same 17” barrels, power plants, regs, etc… The shroud on the Sahara is 2.75” shorter is all, oh, and the color… The specs are easily comparable on the AOA website… 🙏

The Bantam Sniper XR and Sahara XR are the “same” gun… Both sport the same 17” barrels, power plants, regs, etc… The shroud on the Sahara is 2.75” shorter is all, oh, and the color… The specs are easily comparable on the AOA website… 🙏
It appears that these rifles are ver similar, if not the "same," as @L.Leon stated. Thanks for the correction. I watched this video this morning and the variations are described as "stock options" without mention of any other differences.

My apologies if Ihave confused anyone and I certainly didn't mean to derail the thread. With that said, the Sniper is still a great platform. @JackAttack117 Decisions, decisions. let us know what you select for yourself.

Decisions, decisions, indeed... I'm going to let it simmer for a while and try to find a way to see one or both in person prior to purchasing.
@JackAttack117 I don't recall which airgun shops are in MS, but if you a get to one to handle the guns or at least one that should be helpful. I don't think you could go wrong. The main difference between the two is the Urugan is a bullpup (action close to your ear) and the Sahara is a semi-bullpup with more of a traditional rifle feel with the exception of the bottle reservoir.

@JackAttack117 This thread may also be worth looking at.

Reactions: JackAttack117

Source of my info:

Correction on my part. I own the Safari, not the Sahara. It has the rustic wood stock. It seems to have a noticeably lighter/match-grade feel at the trigger over my Sniper XR in polymer stock form. Perhaps it has that upgrade mentioned. Both are .25 cal magnums, and an absolute JOY to shoot!! Accuracy is insanely consistent. Both are just so well made and precision engineered......

• Love
Reactions: L.Leon