Brocock/BRK Brockcock Sniper XR Sahara, newbie friendly?

Is this a newbie friendly gun? New to PCP world, had a Uramex Notos and leaked after 3-4 use. Decide to get a better quality one. Have my eyes set on this XR Sahara. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Newbie friendly? I would say yes, simply pull out the box, air it up, scope it, sight in… And off you go. I am a known BRK fanboy through their performance for me. I’ve own five different models and currently have three different models, Atomic (x2), Pathfinder and a Ghost. “All” my BRKs have been “drama free” simply working and shooting amazingly for me from day one. You are definitely on the right track, good luck. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions…🙏

I agree with everything L.Leon has said based on my experience with multiple Brocock rifles (mostly Snipers).

One thing to add: It has always seemed to me like Brocock & Daystate take more time at the factory to tune their guns before they box them up and ship them out. Then, a quality shop like AoA will just verify factory functionality and accuracy before they ship you your new gun. And the factory tune is optimized for good shooting - Not all maxxed out for power, but a good balance of power/accuracy/shot count. And from AoA's test report, you will know right away the pellet (weight) the gun is set up for.

So definitely yes - one of the very best newbie friendly, high end guns. You will only want to learn how the adjustable transfer port knob affects your muzzle velocities (will want/need a chrony), and how to adjust the trigger to your liking (well specified in the included, printed manual).

If you get one, just go ahead and stock up on Crosman Premier Hollow Points (CPHP). They are the cheapest pellet going and the gun shoots them really well. Also order a Carm magazine or 2. The stock mags are sweet just expensive.
I also own a highly modded Notos, which I love, but the Notos is a budget built gun. The Brocock guns are built to a much better standard.
The BRK is hands down worth the money. Especially if you just want to air up and shoot.
Order now! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dairyboy
If you get one, just go ahead and stock up on Crosman Premier Hollow Points (CPHP). They are the cheapest pellet going and the gun shoots them really well. Also order a Carm magazine or 2. The stock mags are sweet just expensive.
I also own a highly modded Notos, which I love, but the Notos is a budget built gun. The Brocock guns are built to a much better standard.
The BRK is hands down worth the money. Especially if you just want to air up and shoot.
Order now! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks! Ordering as I type.. Where can I buy the Carm Magazine from? $110 for an extra magazine is just crazy :LOL:

@trader800, how do you plan on filling the bottle on the Sahara. Do you have a HPA source?
And THERE goes his budget as he sinks into the mire of the Rabbit Hole®

BTW the Orion mags are good, USA made and slightly cheaper than CARM's by a little....oh rats Orion doesn't make them for that gun.

The BRK XR line are great rifles. I bought a used Concept Lite XR 22 from AoA for $700, best airgun money I’ve spent. Some wear marks, but everything else functions flawlessly. Mine did need a regulator o ring service, but that was painless since it’s a Huma.

Like mentioned above, my Huntsman and Concept arrived tuned perfectly. A standard XR usually comes tuned to the 15.89 gr 22 pellet. I adjusted my reg and hammer spring easily up to shoot 18gr at 30 fpe.

If I didn’t have a 10 mon old kid, or too many air rifles, I’d buy an Atomic.

IMG_4014.jpeg

And THERE goes his budget as he sinks into the mire of the Rabbit Hole®

BTW the Orion mags are good, USA made and slightly cheaper than CARM's by a little....oh rats Orion doesn't make them for that gun.

Compressors are really becoming affordable these days. The Omega Air Charger cost me $1k and is still chugging along. The Omega Trail Charger cost $800 and is a champ. Easy to tote around for 300 BAR fills.

These guys have a lot of options for the shooter. The GX pump E-L2 compressor for $250 is awesome. My Hill hand pump cost $300... 😳

Compressors are really becoming affordable these days. The Omega Air Charger cost me $1k and is still chugging along. The Omega Trail Charger cost $800 and is a champ. Easy to tote around for 300 BAR fills.

These guys have a lot of options for the shooter. The GX pump E-L2 compressor for $250 is awesome. My Hill hand pump cost $300... 😳

I'm still rooting for the Tuxing, I've got an 032 with auto shut off, still chugging along.

From a newbie to a newbie, yes the Sahara XR is an excellent choice. I've been lurking these forums for awhile and just joined today to get rid of any doubt you may have. I've shot a few Gamo springers, but never messed with a PCP until now.

I just bought the Sahara and played with it over the weekend. It is phenomenal, pretty much comes out off the box ready to go. Mine was already tuned to the JSB 18.13 gr, but it has shot other pellets really well too. Shot count is excellent, ergonomics are excellent, accuracy and consistency is outstanding. I do realize that I've only had this for a few days, but consider my newbie mind blown.

Is this a newbie friendly gun? New to PCP world, had a Uramex Notos and leaked after 3-4 use. Decide to get a better quality one. Have my eyes set on this XR Sahara. Any input is greatly appreciated.
From a newbie to a newbie, yes the Sahara XR is an excellent choice. I've been lurking these forums for awhile and just joined today to get rid of any doubt you may have. I've shot a few Gamo springers, but never messed with a PCP until now.

I just bought the Sahara and played with it over the weekend. It is phenomenal, pretty much comes out off the box ready to go. Mine was already tuned to the JSB 18.13 gr, but it has shot other pellets really well too. Shot count is excellent, ergonomics are excellent, accuracy and consistency is outstanding. I do realize that I've only had this for a few days, but consider my newbie mind blown.

Welcome to the forum , to both of you two!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers

Welcome, a fine first post…👍🙏
Beware, the BRKs will set their hooks into you. My first a non XR, unregulated Compatto blew my mind through performance… Since then five different BRKs. Like I said beware… “all” of them have been drama free, good to go right out the box, no tuning or tinkering necessary.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Noticed you joined today.. Just wanted to say WELCOME ABOARD! Lots of friendly, knowledgeable airgun geeks here to "stuff yer head" with valuable info. Tell us about yourself, what shooting discipline, previous experience, etc. Bet you'll have lots of questions.
Thanks for the welcome. I don't have much experience with airgun before. Only got into it very recently, mainly to try to kill some iguanas who kept on destroying my plants in the backyard. First bought a Gamo, felt it was too troublesome to use. Then got a Umarex Notos. Was great to play with for a couple of fills, then it started leaking. As a newbit I don't feel too comfy to try to disassemble and temper with the air cylinder as some ppl on this forum suggested. So I took a look at AOA, and find this BRK Sniper XR Camo to be both attractive in the look and acceptable in price. Just wanna make sure it's not too advanced for newbie to use. After seeing the comments now I can't wait for it to arrive lol.