• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Brocock/BRK Brocock Sniper HR power question for the experts

I have a Sniper, and I tuned it a long time ago, to shoot 16gr pellets, 905fps, at right under 30fpe, and it's amazingly accurate.
While reading an article about the HR and HR magnum and comparing their shooting results, (which there were some math mistakes in), but they showed results of getting considerable over 30fpe on the HR (not magnum), and in the mid to high 40fpe range with the magnum.

My question is...can the standard HR go over 30 fpe with 18gr pellets? I would love to tune it to shoot 18 gr at 900fps, but according to everything I can find the max power of the standard HR is 30fpe. I know there's leeway in specs and we're only talking a couple fpe increase, but how are factory power ratings computed? I'm usually pretty skeptical of specs, as power is probably the max you can get with light pellets, right?

I know I could simply turn up the heat and see how it performs, but it shoots sooooo good now, I hate to mess with it unless I'm sure it'll go further.

Am no expert, but why mess with a good tune to simply gain a few more FPE? All of my BRKs have performed stellar with their factory tunes… Am off after some rats tonight with my Atomic XR, at 17 FPE its irresistible to them… I actually traded in my Bantam Sniper HR, because 30 FPE was simply too much for my pesting opportunities…