N/A Broken transfer port and how to fix it

My .177 Nova Liberty transfer port adjuster blew up.

When I shot I heard a loud pop and the transfer port ejected the receiver.
I never expected to have projectiles coming sideways :)

The same transfer port is used in Nova Liberty/Freedom, Seneca Aspen and maybe a few more.

Anybody knows how I can get a replacement transfer port ?

I really like this air gun, and it is very accurate.
That's the main reason I don't transform it into a pile of parts.

20240701_200722.jpg

20240701_200742.jpg

20240701_200806.jpg

20240701_200821.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: markhooper
do you have the rest of it? I think it has a retainer screw on the other side, but likely that ejected with the other half.. also it has a detention ball spring loaded to hold it in position.. and do you use it on high and low?
guess I am asking because I am wondering what I might be getting into answering this post.. I have a American tactical liberty nova 22 and I used to use high and low.. but mostly use high now.. I'm really too busy right now but I could make it from stock, especially if it is the same as mine, because I hand fit all my machine work..
I'm really hoping that someone else answers and you can find a place to get parts.. that's the easiest way.. I really like mine because most of the newer guns don't have any open sights.. so if you do find out where to get parts,id appreciate to know where myself..
if you can't find anything, ahead and reply either here or PM me and it's going to be awhile yet because I just got in the middle of a project that's a bit more than I am up to and already doubled the first day..
but yes I can make the transfer port..
Mark

Air Venturi may still have parts for the Seneca Aspen in stock.
so is pyramid air and air Venturi the same company? just wondering how to go about contacting air Venturi..
I guess it's a big disadvantage to me when companies sell things and they are discontinued and parts dry up..I like to be able to fix things.
Mark

do you have the rest of it? I think it has a retainer screw on the other side, but likely that ejected with the other half.. also it has a detention ball spring loaded to hold it in position.. and do you use it on high and low?
guess I am asking because I am wondering what I might be getting into answering this post.. I have a American tactical liberty nova 22 and I used to use high and low.. but mostly use high now.. I'm really too busy right now but I could make it from stock, especially if it is the same as mine, because I hand fit all my machine work..
I'm really hoping that someone else answers and you can find a place to get parts.. that's the easiest way.. I really like mine because most of the newer guns don't have any open sights.. so if you do find out where to get parts,id appreciate to know where myself..
if you can't find anything, ahead and reply either here or PM me and it's going to be awhile yet because I just got in the middle of a project that's a bit more than I am up to and already doubled the first day..
but yes I can make the transfer port..
Mark
I have the small spring. I will have to look for the rest.

Thanks for the offer to make one.
I will try to find parts or make one myself out of thermoplastic.

I honestly don't think thermoplastics will hold.. but it's worth a try.. my first thought was that brass would be easy to work but I'm thinking too much of it is drilled out with the transfer port.. so probably tool steel..I'm curious, so I am going to get mine out and see if it is steel or aluminum.. because a lot of parts are aluminum for lightweight.
let me know what you find out and if you will need one made..I really hope you can locate parts but I'll make one if you can't.
Mark

I honestly don't think thermoplastics will hold.. but it's worth a try.. my first thought was that brass would be easy to work but I'm thinking too much of it is drilled out with the transfer port.. so probably tool steel..I'm curious, so I am going to get mine out and see if it is steel or aluminum.. because a lot of parts are aluminum for lightweight.
let me know what you find out and if you will need one made..I really hope you can locate parts but I'll make one if you can't.
Mark
oh just got to thinking..I wonder if the avenger x has the same transfer port?

Mark
The original is plastic. If you want to drill it bigger it needs to be strong steel.

The original is plastic. If you want to drill it bigger it needs to be strong steel.
I'm surprised that plastic will hold.. but if someone needs one..or several I can make it.. it is faster to make a batch per piece than a single one..I do have high strength steel shafting in my shop and brass.. guess if plastic is holding for a little while, brass should be good..I enjoy machining brass..
you all let me know if you need anything..
Mark

I found the other part of the transfer port lodged in the door next to me.
I was lucky to not be in the way when the transfer port broke and the 2 pieces were ejected to the left and to the right at high speed.

I have managed to make a working replacement for the broken transfer port part.

The receiver hole which hosted the broken transfer port part is 24mm long and 7mm diameter.

I have used the following parts:
-M4 bolt and screw
-M4 washers
-3D printed TPU o'rings/cylinders (OD 7.4mm, ID 3.7mm, 8mm long)

The TPU cylinders need to be screwed onto the M4 bolt.
The TPU cylinders fit very tightly inside the receiver hole where the transfer port used to be.

With the new transfer port the rifle has become much more quiet.
I assume that before air was escaping through the transfer port (which had 2 o'rings).

The velocity is the same as it used to be on High.

Next, I will cut the bolt shorter.

20240702_175532.jpg

20240702_215441.jpg

20240702_215504.jpg

20240702_214213.jpg

20240702_213313.jpg

Last edited: