Umarex Buckrail moderate for Notos?

I have one Notos that’s factory, and one with the C88 plenum & extension kit including a Buck Rail moderator. I don’t think the BR moderator is as quiet as the factory moderator on the Notos… but the C88 version is also about 30fps faster than the factory rig with 15.9 Atomics.

To me, the Buck Rail mod has a very sharp “ping” kind of sound that the Donny FL and other Airgun moderators do not. I think it’s due to the plastic used in the 3d printing.

Your mileage may vary….

Going to purchase a plenum kit for my Notos. As l will have to remove the factory moderator, is the Buckrail moderator as quiet as the factory moderator? Thanks, Don
It cuts it down to sound about the same . Without it will get your attention . Havent compaired using a decimeter tho ...

20240909_085729.jpg

Reactions: Rain
I have one Notos that’s factory, and one with the C88 plenum & extension kit including a Buck Rail moderator. I don’t think the BR moderator is as quiet as the factory moderator on the Notos… but the C88 version is also about 30fps faster than the factory rig with 15.9 Atomics.

To me, the Buck Rail mod has a very sharp “ping” kind of sound that the Donny FL and other Airgun moderators do not. I think it’s due to the plastic used in the 3d printing.

Your mileage may vary….
I have both moderators. You might be right .

Bottle bands from hotsnots3dprinting makes for stability and accuracy . Slides right over the barrel and a bottle .

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Bahahaha. Whatcha tryin to say . I have a notos . Im poor . I like it for them . Solid build .

Nope, what I'm saying is that you introduce additional vibration, movement, influence, the bottle expands when filled, slowly decreases in size as it empties. The barrel band does not stabilize the barrel, it simple takes the movements of the thing it's rooted to and holds it in that space.

If you have horrible accuracy due to the design of the gun, adding a barrel clamp will drastically improve your accuracy.

If you start with a well designed and innately accurate gun such as the Notos, the barrel band inevitably leads to a loss in accuracy.

Reactions: Perle
Barrel band didn’t necessarily make my Uragan “more accurate”… but it certainly helped with consistency of accuracy and eliminated POI shifts across a broader range of holds/rests.

If there’s enough space between bottle/tube and barrel/shroud, then free-floating is better. But, if there’s intermittent contact between the two due to design of gun, then a barrel band can help.

Kind of like forend bedding on a PB.

IMG_0096.jpeg

Nope, what I'm saying is that you introduce additional vibration, movement, influence, the bottle expands when filled, slowly decreases in size as it empties. The barrel band does not stabilize the barrel, it simple takes the movements of the thing it's rooted to and holds it in that space.

If you have horrible accuracy due to the design of the gun, adding a barrel clamp will drastically improve your accuracy.

If you start with a well designed and innately accurate gun such as the Notos, the barrel band inevitably leads to a loss in accuracy.

Firewalker is one of the premier Notos builders. He’s a big fan of the Notos …
Aren't we all ...