Bulldog shuts the 'special kitty' down

i finally nailed one of the main culprits wreaking havoc at my chicken coop ..the bulldog didnt disappoint .. from what my neighbor with chicken problems as well has told me theres several of them around ...
..anyway got it with a couple of polymags, an atn xsight4k, and the 9mm bulldog.

20230926_204536.jpg

20230926_204519.jpg

@dizzums Well that’s one you don’t have to worry about anymore. If they get in the hen house it’s bad business. Is that your coop behind it to the left?
yes thats the coop, havent lost a bird since ive been 'cleaning out' the riff-raff at night a couple of days a week ... i noticed the hens are laying much more regular now also ... hopefully soon it slows down and i get the 'infestation' of large predators around my coop controlled so i can get more sleep lol ..

He went to sleep. Great shoot placement. I have a bulldog 357 but I would not use my pitbull around the house or the coop specially using night scope I would use my Edgun 25 or a .30 cal max. Your shoot placement is perfect
well you can use anything your comfortable with .. after having a couple of larger pests run off from being hit with a full auto burst from the blitz AND a headshot from a 60ftlb+ .25 .. it was time to move up in lethality .. yes, a well placed perfect shot from even a good .177 would likely take most things out, but this is the real world, shots likely wont be perfect, and the stakes are high with my chickens lives .. a bigger gun is more positive, much more positive ..

well you can use anything your comfortable with .. after having a couple of larger pests run off from being hit with a full auto burst from the blitz AND a headshot from a 60ftlb+ .25 .. it was time to move up in lethality .. yes, a well placed perfect shot from even a good .177 would likely take most things out, but this is the real world, shots likely wont be perfect, and the stakes are high with my chickens lives .. a bigger gun is more positive, much more positive ..
No disagreement with your logic. The larger the caliber and the more powerful the projectile gives a larger margin for error. No one shoots 100% perfect all the time. Brain shots have their problem with last minute head movements. The shooter can only guess the head movement patterns and try to squeeze the shot off when they anticipate the target's head being stationary.

Reactions: dizzums
I agree 100%. You have to do what you have to do....and you finished it perfect. Great shot and thanks for sharing it with us

Reactions: dizzums