Buying an Expensive Airgun, with Interest-Free Credit ...... Credova ?

Stealerships make a heck of a lot of money off the vehicle loans & leases. I remember where I could not rent an apartment because my credit score was lower than their minimum, but could get a $50k vehicle loan in a flash circa 1970's. In today's dollars that 50k would closer to 100k.
I remember buying a brand new El Camino in 1978 and thought at the time it would build my credit. It was through GMAC financing and they never shared any information with anyone and kept it internal. I've paid cash ever since at the "stealerships!"

Reactions: coastal drifter
I think you did the wrong math , i an sure the OP meant $50K bought this car in 1970 and now this same car will cost $xx.K

i would avoid this Credova .
The OP was talking about what his 50k loan would cost in todays money, with inflation it's what I posted. Inflation hasn't just doubled in the last 54 years.

inflation has nothing to do with this it is purely the bottom line . A chevy impalla cost lets say $4500 in 1970 and today it cost $ 38,000 NOW to get the true cost you have to figure what the hourly wage was in 1970 and what the wage for the same job today , now you must figure how many hours that person has to work to buy that car . keep it simple , cash no financing .

• Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
The OP was talking about what his 50k loan would cost in todays money, with inflation it's what I posted. Inflation hasn't just doubled in the last 54 years.
I was watching an old show rerun (the price is right) there was a 1972 Chevy Nova decked out V8, Vinyl top, power windows, power brakes, automatic transmission ETC going by my fading memory I think the price was $2,800.00The base price for a 1972 Chevy Nova was $2,351 for the two-door coupe and $28 more for the four-door sedan

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
inflation has nothing to do with this it is purely the bottom line . A chevy impalla cost lets say $4500 in 1970 and today it cost $ 38,000 NOW to get the true cost you have to figure what the hourly wage was in 1970 and what the wage for the same job today , now you must figure how many hours that person has to work to buy that car . keep it simple , cash no financing .
My father worked at the race tracks in California 60s-70s grooming horses (thoroughbreds) 7days a week. he made around $350 a week and could buy a new truck for under 3 grand = 10 weeks pay today those trucks are 50-60 Gs. More than most make a year.

Here’s How Much the Ford F-150 Has Increased in Price ... - The …

WEBJun 25, 2020 · Ford suggested a retail price of $1,279 for the introductory F1 truck some 72 years ago, which equates to $13,836.62 in today’s money. For that, you got a 226-cubic-inch inline-I couldnt find 1972 price but Im sure it was under 3000

Last edited:
Hi!
Original poster here!
My original post was simply asking for details, (good or bad), about Credova's interest free loan offer.
Somehow this developed into a conversation about everything OTHER than Credova, but thats ok, and thats how internet forums often operate!
To conclude my original posting:

Im in the market for a $2500 airgun.
I have several options including:
1. Deduct $2500 from my savings, pay it in full, and be done with it, but loose out on unearned interest.
OR
2. Leave my money alone, continue earning a very slight amount of interest on it, use Credova's intrest free offer, absolutely free of charge, as long as I oblige by their very simple requirements.

I have decided that Credovas offer is a good offer, as long as its paid back in a timely mannor, but certainly not a great offer.
Key words: "as long as its paid back in a timely mannor".

So nothing new here, and it sounds like there are no pros or cons about useing Credova, other than what was already obvious.

There would probably be no huge jump in my already good credit score after the loan is paid in full.
There would probably be no future loan offer, that would be more benefitial...
The savings by useing their offer, only equates to aproximately 1 tin of pellets, in unearned interest.

So basically, by purchaseing a $2500 airgun, and useing my own money and paying it off in full at time of purchase, equates to basically loseeing out on a tin of free pellets, in lost interest that I would have otherwise earned.
Not even worth the hassle, to take advantage of their free financing offer. The penalty, should a late repayment occur, far outweighs its advantages.

Thanks for everyones input.

Hi!
Original poster here!
My original post was simply asking for details, (good or bad), about Credova's interest free loan offer.
Somehow this developed into a conversation about everything OTHER than Credova, but thats ok, and thats how internet forums often operate!

1. Deduct $2500 from my savings, pay it in full, and be done with it, but loose out on unearned interest.
OR
2. Leave my money alone, continue earning a very slight amount of interest on it, use Credova's intrest free offer, absolutely free of charge, as long as I oblige by their very simple requirements.

I have decided that Credovas offer is a good offer, as long as its paid back in a timely mannor, but certainly not a great offer.

So nothing new here, and it sounds like there are no pros or cons about useing Credova, other than what was already obvious.

There would probably be no huge jump in my already good credit score after the loan is paid in full.
The savings by useing their offer, only equates to aproximately 1 tin of pellets, in unearned interest.

So basically, by purchaseing a $2500 airgun, and useing my own money and paying it off in full at time of purchase, equates to basically loseeing out on a tin of free pellets, in lost interest that I would have otherwise earned.
Not even worth the hassle, to take advantage of their free financing offer. The penalty, should a late repayment occur, far outweighs its advantages.

I have bought a few larger Items on interest free credit plans before. like a riding lawn mower. Its fine if you stick to the plan.

Hi!
Original poster here!

OR

I admit, I have no knowledge with Credova interest free loan. However, there has to be a catch such as a sign up fee or the rifle is priced at full retail?

I'm very patient and will wait for sales or promotional offers etc. There is always a "catch", nothing is FREE?

Edit: Using credit cards is free to use as well but, it isn't free for the retailer. I always pay cash and receive a discount. No discount, I walk out the door and wish them a good day....

Last edited:
Hi!
Original poster here!

OR

So it's best not to go into debt for something like an airgun, but there is a more financially responsible way of doing it than racking up debt on your credit cards or something like Credova where they gouge you if you fall behind. If you have a 401K and you have been enrolled in it long enough it is a very easy process to take out a loan against it. The company that runs your 401k will typically include a link on their page to the loan info.

Here's the good part about taking out a 401K loan. You pay the interest on the loan back to your own 401K account. So when you've paid it back you'll have more retirement money than when you started. If you're going to pay interest on something, then pay it to yourself.