Epic Can the Epic displace the Vulcan 3?

Let me explain, first off, I love BOTH of these platforms. But, for competitive purposes, let’s critique them. Appearance, epic, either version, carbon fiber wrap gives a sleek appearance. Power capabilities- equal, Vulcan 3 is a bad dude! But so is the Epic. The irritating hammer pings? Well, the Epic 2 had it, hands down but is a longer gun. But, with the ability to adjust the reg significantly higher, you cal use a shorter barrel. The Epic has an external adjustable reg, Vulcan 3 does not. Both have unchoked barrel. Both have big power. Now, the epic 1 hasn’t appeared yet, but the Vulcan 3, as awesome as it is, will finish behind. But! The Vulcan 3 is about $400 cheaper. It’s also a robust platform. Upon reflection, the Eastern European dudes got their sh** squared away. JMHO.

Vulcan 3 is a NATURAL for hunting purposes.

I have not have in my hand yet an Epic Two, but it look more bulky.
Not sure how to answer that, I merely referred "epic" not necessarily the 2. However, the 550mm barrel epic 2 is comparable to the Vulcan 3 in 700mm barrel. this platform is solid and adjustable in cheek rise, shoulder pad extension and ruggedness. Now, the two version may indeed be bulky for woods walking. I can't say. The 300mm barrel version should deal with that well.. Now I would NEVER recommend someone dumping a Vulcan 3 for an Epic. If you stuff works well, leave it!

Vulcan 3 is a NATURAL for hunting purposes.

I have not have in my hand yet an Epic Two, but it look more bulky.
I've got a Uragan 2- 700mm. I couldn't believe how enormous the Uragan 2 looked when I first unboxed it, I'm talking bulky looking as in shroud/bottle diameter (full disclosure - This was my first bottle gun). I believe the Vulcan 3 has an even larger diameter bottle and the shroud is the same diameter as the Uragan 2 (I believe?).

What strikes me about the Epic 2, is the weight, And I consider weight to be an impediment on a hunting gun. The Epic 2 - 550mm is even heavier than my Uragan 2 - 700mm (slightly anyway). I'll take a weight penalty for a blind or stand hunting gun, But when I consider an ideal hunting airgun, as in walking around and shooting stuff, weight is definitely a consideration.

I was impressed with the sticky above with 1791 shooting a 700mm Epic 2 ('All Hits'), a big WOW as far as accuracy/consistency, but then I searched and found several reviews where some of the guns had issues (maybe I could find those for the Vulcan 3 also?). From my perspective, if the Epic 2's issues(?) are ironed out, and the riffles are as consistent/accurate as in 1791's review, weight be damned... I'd be looking at one.

I'm into PCP's for pellet shooting only, but after watching the above video (All Hits), I could see PCP's (with slugs) possibly replacing my 22 rimfires not too far down the road... for fun and hunting.

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: rangur1
I've got a Uragan 2- 700mm. I couldn't believe how enormous the Uragan 2 looked when I first unboxed it, I'm talking bulky looking as in shroud/bottle diameter (full disclosure - This was my first bottle gun). I believe the Vulcan 3 has an even larger diameter bottle and the shroud is the same diameter as the Uragan 2 (I believe?).

What strikes me about the Epic 2, is the weight, And I consider weight to be an impediment on a hunting gun. The Epic 2 - 550mm is even heavier than my Uragan 2 - 700mm (slightly anyway). I'll take a weight penalty for a blind or stand hunting gun, But when I consider an ideal hunting airgun, as in walking around and shooting stuff, weight is definitely a consideration.

I was impressed with the sticky above with 1791 shooting a 700mm Epic 2 ('All Hits'), a big WOW as far as accuracy/consistency, but then I searched and found several reviews where some of the guns had issues (maybe I could find those for the Vulcan 3 also?). From my perspective, if the Epic 2's issues(?) are ironed out, and the riffles are as consistent/accurate as in 1791's review, weight be damned... I'd be looking at one.

I'm into PCP's for pellet shooting only, but after watching the above video (All Hits), I could see PCP's (with slugs) possibly replacing my 22 rimfires not too far down the road... for fun and hunting.

Jerry
I own much more PCP’s of those than I need.

BUT ….

The idea of having one of the new to arrive Vulcan 3 HP in .30 Cal with 150 fpe able to kill with heavy slugs midle size game at 170 yards…..

Well …. That is something that you need to think twice …

Maybe never…. But also maybe soon…

• Love
Reactions: jerryd and rangur1